Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

21,519,279 Views | 223291 Replies | Last: 56 min ago by ProgN
$30,000 Millionaire
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
NRD09 said:

McInnis 03 said:

$30,000 Millionaire said:

I got in an out of ROKU for a quick 10%. The arms index closed under 0.5, that means we have very good odds of a sell off tomorrow.

Daniel - I loaded some VXX calls as well....

Nice catch on the Trin. I went bear heavy at end of day
tvix is in a tailspin, I'm loading up premarket if it doesn't turn overnight

One of the CRWD directors dumped 7.5M shares today, I loaded up. I think this is the last time we'll see it under 100
you know TVIX is getting delisted on 7/12, right?

I'm going to sell TVIX towards the end of this week / early next.
aggiedaniel06
AG
I'm not convinced that trendline will hold. If it does, it may finally break out of the declining channel its been in since 9/9/2019 and got rejected again on June 22. Let's circle back next week on this.
thirdcoast
AG
Is TVIX still expected to perform the same way against VIX when trading OTC? Or does the prospectus go out the window on OTC?
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Hilarious!! Made me spit Shiner out my nose!
The Pilot
AG

NRD09 said:

McInnis 03 said:

I got in an out of ROKU for a quick 10%. The arms index closed under 0.5, that means we have very good odds of a sell off tomorrow.

One of the CRWD directors dumped 7.5M shares today, I loaded up. I think this is the last time we'll see it under 100

I thought TVIX is going to stop trading on July 2?
aggiedaniel06
AG
Since that huge drop on 6/10 we have been in a well defined downward channel. Until that breaks, I expect us to just keep bouncing around in there. Algo has made a killing these past 2 weeks trading that channel.

We have been making lower lows for the past 5 days though with the range getting tighter. I am expecting us to, test 2920 again in the near future.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
new share issuance first, delisting second.

https://www.thestreet.com/etffocus/trade-ideas/beware-of-huge-premiums-on-tvix-so-you-can-avoid-big-losses
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
aggiedaniel06 said:

Since that huge drop on 6/10 we have been in a well defined downward channel. Until that breaks, I expect us to just keep bouncing around in there. Algo has made a killing these past 2 weeks trading that channel.

We have been making lower lows for the past 5 days though with the range getting tighter. I am expecting us to, test 2920 again in the near future.

I bought 7/31 calls to create some time (will roll those to Aug next week if we don't get a spike). I think 3050 will be in inflection point and we can go south again. Maybe up to 3080 first.
The Pilot
AG
I guess I might keep riding this train for another week. I hope we don't derail.
aggiedaniel06
AG
The Pilot said:

NRD09 said:

McInnis 03 said:

I wanted to post this over the weekend. I did some digging on why Credit Suisse were closing these funds. Usually a firm would close these type of funds if either there was no interest, weren't profitable or posed a catastrophic risk to them.

So from everything I gathered, it definitely wasn't the first two. The third one is hard to know without some serious investigation into the swaps they hold. I have a feeling the volatility surge in March proabably pushed them to the edge of some major damage.

A knowledgeable source and I discussed this and we just causually observed that many of these funds were used by retail to hedge or make big bucks in a huge downtrend and that there is probably another one coming. I mean look what they are getting rid of Vol, Gold, Silver...
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
aggiedaniel06 said:

Is your algo shorting based on ATR and bands? I think shorting at ATR and covering at the band would be easy money.
aggiedaniel06
AG
That's part of it.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
I think tomorrow ends up being like 6/12, 6/16, and 6/23. Gap up but then sell off still closing above today's close but then setting up for the big flush on Wednesday. Solid WAG right there. Let's see if it plays.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
The Pilot said:

NRD09 said:

McInnis 03 said:

Forgot about that, thanks guys. Guess it's vxx calls then?
deadbq03
AG
NRD09 said:

The Pilot said:

NRD09 said:

McInnis 03 said:

Forgot about that, thanks guys. Guess it's vxx calls then?
I'm selling puts. And that's a hedge against index puts I'm also selling. I'm a boring seller right now but I was tired of watching theta kill me.
ProgN
China reportedly passes national security law for Hong Kong

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/06/30/china-reportedly-passes-national-security-law-for-hong-kong.html?__source=iosappshare%7Ccom.apple.UIKit.activity.CopyToPasteboard

Not sure how the markets will react but with Q2 ending tomorrow and a short week, who knows.

Howdy family. I was busy today with personal issues but I'd have rather been in here with y'all.
AgShaun00
AG
I must say this is practically the only thread I check on texags now. We are here to help each other and learn. We are united. Thank you.

Let's make some money and help others doing it.
Proposition Joe
So if someone hypothetically still own shares of Chesapeake, when would they hypothetically find out if those shares were worth more than $0?

Hypothetically of course.
aggiedaniel06
AG
Just like your question, the value is of your shares is also hypothetical.
G Money
AG
Pour one out for my homie Irish. Reason 123 not to go to the politics board.
McInnis 03
AG
G Money said:

Dammittttt.

That guy made us money.
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
McInnis 03
AG
McInnis 03 said:

G Money said:

Dammittttt.

That guy made us money.

Oh and he seems pretty cool too.
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
DDSO
AG
I am sure he will be here on his dad's account.
Brewmaster
AG
AgShaun00 said:

I must say this is practically the only thread I check on texags now. We are here to help each other and learn. We are united. Thank you.

Let's make some money and help others doing it.
Well said old roomie!

khaos288
AG
G Money said:

Nooooo!

I quit going there a long time ago. Way too many angry people over there. I got e-yelled at by someone who I was agreeing with bc he thought I wasn't. Then stuck his fingers in his ears and kept being a jerk when I tried to point that out.

Tis a silly place. Stay here with friends that just want you to get rich with them.
topher06
Prognightmare said:

China reportedly passes national security law for Hong Kong

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/06/30/china-reportedly-passes-national-security-law-for-hong-kong.html?__source=iosappshare%7Ccom.apple.UIKit.activity.CopyToPasteboard

Not sure how the markets will react but with Q2 ending tomorrow and a short week, who knows.

Howdy family. I was busy today with personal issues but I'd have rather been in here with y'all.
Futures appear to have been unphased.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Agree. Not worth it.
59 South
AG
aggiedaniel06 said:

I'm not convinced that trendline will hold. If it does, it may finally break out of the declining channel its been in since 9/9/2019 and got rejected again on June 22. Let's circle back next week on this.
No doubt; I'm never convinced of anything. 115 here is a big pivot. If it loses trend channel to the downside, it has a ways to go down... likely retesting 100 and even filling that gap down under 97. Very high risk high reward. I've got recovery uptrend intersecting the declining channel around 127.50 in about a month. Something's got to give. Even if it goes back down, still high potential to recover back above these levels. It also has a history of venturing out of channels temporarily in fake out moves.

Like I said, I'm not trading it. Just continuing to hold long term from entry about a year and a half ago.
Rice and Fries
Powell speaking to Congress today right? Sure markets are gonna wait to see what the Brr man has to say. Probably gonna chop for awhile before.

RIP Irish. Is he perma?
BrokeAssAggie
McInnis 03
AG
Rice and Fries said:

Powell speaking to Congress today right? Sure markets are gonna wait to see what the Brr man has to say. Probably gonna chop for awhile before.

RIP Irish. Is he perma?

Perma

B&I Key:
Rice and Fries
McInnis 03 said:

Rice and Fries said:

RIP Irish. Is he perma?

Perma

thirdcoast
AG
Rice and Fries said:

RIP Irish. Is he perma?

Should be more of same, foot on gas, Powell disrupting capitalism. But who knows, if market reacts to COVID spikes or Fed aggressiveness.

"Powell Warns of Extraordinary Uncertainty, Urgency to Curb Virus"

https://www.bloomberg.com/amp/news/articles/2020-06-29/powell-says-path-forward-extraordinarily-uncertain-virus-vital#click=https://t.co/M4JyyZCJSe

Quote:

"The path forward will also depend on the policy actions taken at all levels of government to provide relief and to support the recovery for as long as needed," he said.

This is at least the 2nd time he has called out Congress/Treasury to step up. If there is any hint that Powell is losing favor with Trump, we will know he has finally decided to take foot off gas. Doubt he wants to get blamed for a correction right into election, so will be interesting to see if/when/how Powell tapers over summer, or if he pushes thru Nov 3.
McInnis 03
AG
Pretty significant shooting star candle on /ES from 6:30a to 7:00a.

B&I Key:
12thMan86
AG
For you guys interested in books to improve your trading, here is one that John Carter personally recommends

Trading in the Zone by Mark Douglass. Says he reads or listens to it on audible one a year.
First Page Last Page
Page 1824 of 6380

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.