Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,218,325 Views | 225003 Replies | Last: 5 hrs ago by Brian Earl Spilner
J_Landes89
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
No
khaos288
AG
texagbeliever said:

khaos288 said:

IrishTxAggie said:

AGSmith said:

IrishTxAggie said:

Ragoo said:

gougler08 said:

Ragoo said:

McInnis 03 said:

Ragoo said:

TXAG14 said:

I'm not betting against the mouse. Could easily see earnings not be as bad as expected and the stock shoot up.
earnings not as bad? With their parks closed world wide?
They were only closed about 2 weeks in the 1Q results.
so guidance should look bad and the stock should fall, IMO. Unless they release a plan for their reopening.
Man if they announced a plan to re-open (even just WDW in Orlando), that would rocketship the stock
believe they are reopening June 1, we had a trip planned for that week, but only internet speculation right now on what that will look like.

Reduced capacity? Screening? Limited open attractions, restaurants, etc.?
I think if the theater releases screw them too much they could look at a premium option for Disney+ to launch their new releases streaming. Already have the platform and infrastructure
Given the push back that Universal has seen by movie theater chains (mainly AMC) after their home release plan, do you think Disney would do the same?
The theaters hold zero leverage IMO
Yup Disney releases already dictate 100% of ticket costs go back to Disney, and rewards programs can't be used on Disney films. Theaters only make money off the concessions for those movies.

But how do you charge for the movie (assume 3 ppl watching 1 person or 8)? What is the amount of time a person gets to see it in?
My guess is they'll charge 25$ and give 48 hours. If they're getting 65% of the take from tickets, and tickets cost 15 a piece. That gets they 2.5 tickets worth of cash, and they don't have to pay a bunch of lawyers to draw up agreements with theatres.
gvine07
AG
They'll just put them on Disney+ and raise the subscription price
AGSmith
AG
gvine07 said:

I could see Disney running their in-home movie releases along the lines of how the UFC PPV work on ESPN+, where you have to subscribe to ESPN+ before you can purchase the PPV.
IrishTxAggie
AG
gvine07 said:

They've got a lot of people that have prepaid for three years. I think Ragoo mentioned he did that. I prepaid a year
Rice and Fries
Was able to jump out of some 5/06 SPY $290 calls I bought yesterday right after close. Feels good to finally have a big winner.
gougler08
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

gvine07 said:

They've got a lot of people that have prepaid for three years. I think Ragoo mentioned he did that. I prepaid a year
+1 for the 3 year option
AGSmith
AG
PTON is up about 6% today (to just shy of $36) ahead of its earnings announcement tomorrow after the close. Does anyone have any input on how to play it between now and the announcement?
PPAag06
AG
I know that my wife and three of our friends bought the bike while in quarantine.
Shundere
For those holding the SQ 70C for next friday, are y'all already out or continuing to hold? I still have mine and am now back positive, just not sure if I should get out and wash or hold
gougler08
AG
Little TTOO has earnings this afternoon, see if we can get another spike up
WoMD
PPAag06 said:

I know that my wife and three of our friends bought the bike while in quarantine.
You're sexist.
IrishTxAggie
AG
The QQQ is coming up on a really big area. over $220 is pretty damn bullish and hasn't been seen since late February
TChaney
texagbeliever
Gnpx was a IP announcement.

Clsk is interesting. 2 big buys
PPAag06
AG
My butt is too big for the bike. I'm a realist, not a sexist.
TChaney
IrishTxAggie
AG
PPAag06 said:

My butt is too big for the bike. I'm a realist, not a sexist.
The COVID15 got me too...
PPAag06
AG
ZEST is up 40% from this post. Move was all recent. Think someone knows something?
Talon2DSO
AG
MSFT 182.50c are looking solid.
txaggie_08
AG
Carlo4 said:

ZYXI with another double digit gain so far today. I hope I'm not the only one enjoying this. $20.60 and 12% gain so far this morning.

Most of that gain was wiped out. What's the thought? People cashing out, and then going to return to upward trend?
fightintxag13
AG
I sold my last half around even. The first half made money so net green.
gougler08
AG
TChaney said:

GNPX

CLSK

Are either of these those goal posts?
CLSK is certainly interesting...good find
texagbeliever
TChaney said:

texagbeliever said:

Gnpx was a IP announcement.

Clsk is interesting. 2 big buys
SGBX

seems to fit the same pattern

You guys said to watch for them, I want to contribute some for all the help given to me.

Not criticizing you, just adding information around it! I'm a krill too lol.
texagbeliever
I'd avoid sgbx. Look back to 3/30 where they had a big spike and then their stock just fell the next week. This is a test kit producer.
Aggietaco
AG
gougler08 said:

TChaney said:

GNPX

CLSK

Are either of these those goal posts?
CLSK is certainly interesting...good find
Only if you recognized it at 5 minutes after open this morning.
BrokeAssAggie
https://www.google.com/amp/s/fortune.com/2020/05/05/frontier-airline-social-distance-fee-seat/amp/
AGSmith
AG
PPAag06 said:

My thought is that quite a few people have spent money on home fitness equipment during quarantine, and some will continue to do so even after things start to reopen (at a rate higher than pre-quarantine). It appears that the analysts have already shifted their earnings expectations for Q1 and Q2, as price targets have been adjusted upwards over the past several weeks. I currently hold some shares of PTON and want to get to a round lot so I can start writing covered calls. I'm wondering if I should buy now or wait until after the EA. I don't have access, or don't know how to access, many of the technical charts that are posted on these threads, so I don't know if there was any indication in prior days trading to predict this run today.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
only negative analyst out there on DIS:

https://lightshedtmt.com/2020/05/05/downgrading-disney-to-sell-85-target-leverage-could-hit-5x-as-earnings-plummet/

TChaney
TChaney
A New Hope
AGSmith said:

PTON is up about 6% today (to just shy of $36) ahead of its earnings announcement tomorrow after the close. Does anyone have any input on how to play it between now and the announcement?
Pton is a crock longer term. Once people figure out their $8-9000 in 10 years could've been spent on something That doesn't Depreciate, no one will buy one.
Proposition Joe
Two things with PTON that someone much more informed can tell me:

1) Do they have to pay royalties/licensing for the music they use during their training?

2) Aside from being the trendy pick, is there anything they do that another bike+platform couldn't just as easily copy and decimate their market share with a much lower subscription price? At $39/month for distribution to thousands it seems like there is a ton of room for a bargain provider to surface.

A subscription service on a $2000+ bike would certainly scare me long-term. When the content dips or disappears, that's an expensive exercise bike.
IrishTxAggie
AG
Fedup said:

AGSmith said:

Pton is a crock longer term. Once people figure out their $8-9000 in 10 years could've been spent on something That doesn't Depreciate, no one will buy one.
Username checks out
TV Casualty
AG

First Page Last Page
Page 1460 of 6429

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.