Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,163,840 Views | 224698 Replies | Last: 3 hrs ago by Heineken-Ashi
IrishTxAggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
UpstateAg said:

Selling tonight or waiting? This thing has BO written all over it.
I've only got options. But I'm looking at the Level II right now and 15.05 is the high bid currently.

Edit:
Now I'm seeing a bid of 20.50

Granted I'm looking on RH because I'm not at my computer, so not sure how accurate those are.
IrishTxAggie
AG
Just to put things into perspective;
AUPH market cap before this data was ~$720MM
Lupus world market potential is estimate to reach $2.7 BILLION by 2026
AgShaun00
AG
20 bucks after hours.

now 23.
ProgN
george1992
IrishTxAggie said:

UpstateAg said:

I've only got options. But I'm looking at the Level II right now and 15.05 is the high bid currently.

Edit:

Granted I'm looking on RH because I'm not at my computer, so not sure how accurate those are.
Now showing on yahoo finance trading at 23+. How did I miss out on this one?
spud1910
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

UpstateAg said:

Edit:

Yeah, RH just sent me an alert that it is at $19.
IrishTxAggie
AG
I accept payment in the form of Cuban cigars and good bourbon.

It will be interesting to see where this settles out. There are a whole lot of shorts that need covering.
Ragoo
AG
Congrats everyone.
E
AG
Mother effer! Totally jealous of you guys...

I didn't buy in, was too busy messing with Disney and low on funds

Congrats!
2percent
AG
i am a super happy camper right now ... just have to remember to sell my shares tomorrow

You don't make anything unless you sell it.
tramaro1
AG
E said:

Mother effer! Totally jealous of you guys...

I didn't buy in, was too busy messing with Disney and low on funds

Congrats!

Same lol, I didn't get in on this one. Did not want to be late to the party and then get screwed paying too much (FOMO).
george1992
2percent said:

i am a super happy camper right now ... just have to remember to sell my shares tomorrow

You can sell them right now if you want.
Brewmaster
AG
Wow, kudos to whomever mentioned AUPH (Irish?)... i literally bought some this afternoon and my old roomie (AgShaun) above bought with 1 minute til close, Haha!

What's target? still has crazy volume after hours, bouncing around 19. Squeeze more shorts tomorrow?
2percent
AG
george1992 said:

2percent said:

Really? i didn't realize Ameritrade would take the trade after hours- I've never even thought about it.. I will still probably hold til morning and see if still trending a little higher.

Is this an "OK Boomer" moment?
jmcfar_98
AG
2percent said:

george1992 said:

2percent said:

Really? i didn't realize Ameritrade would take the trade after hours- I've never even thought about it.. I will still probably hold til morning and see if still trending a little higher.

He's saying he'll buy them from you.
oldarmy1
AG
I hope you guys sold that opening burst
oldarmy1
AG
The huge options trade was at $14 and I can guarantee you that opening pop was met with them selling short a large chunk against $20-25 which locks in $6-$11 profit. Do that math and wow
george1992
2percent said:

george1992 said:

2percent said:

Yes - you have to do a limit order and mark it as after market but you can definitely trade after hours with Ameritrade. When you go to place the trade, you are going to have to do a limit order and then in the "time in force" box, you will need to change it from Day to Day + extended hours or extended hours pm. Either will work.

I'm not sure what I would do. Well I know what I would do but I'm not a very orthodox person. Its already trading lower at $16 per share after hitting over $23 earlier. If you are happy with a 100% gain over todays close, then sell it at $16. You can also put a limit at $23 or whatever price you want, and just see if you get someone to bite. I'm going to place a buy at $12 and see where it goes. You never know.

Extended hours trading can yield great results and also cause you to leave some money on the table. No one knows what the market value is going to be when the markets open tomorrow. For example, HQY released earnings after the bell yesterday and the stock shot up. I have traded this stock several times and have done okay with it. I looked at the previous high earlier in the year and thought buying in the after hours would put me in a better position to make some short term money on it. Turns out, the after hours price I paid was $6 more per share that what it ended up at today. So I got a short term burn of a couple thousand dollars. So being a glutton for punishment, I doubled down on it hoping to catch a nice move up over the next week or so. We will see what happens.

oldarmy1
AG
It's currently at $17.58 on an accelerated rebound
oldarmy1
AG
Model T on AUPH is $20.12
TV Casualty
AG
Sold my AUPH calls a couple hours before closing. Boy do I feel like an idiot now.
oldarmy1
AG
TV Casualty said:

Sold my AUPH calls a couple hours before closing. Boy do I feel like an idiot now.
Ouch!
UpstateAg
AG
I'm completely net free and just along for the ride with these last shares.
UpstateAg
AG
This must be what oa feels like every day
george1992
TV Casualty said:

You still made money. Not bad for an idiot.
IrishTxAggie
AG
BREwmaster said:

Wow, kudos to whomever mentioned AUPH (Irish?)... i literally bought some this afternoon and my old roomie (AgShaun) above bought with 1 minute til close, Haha!

What's target? still has crazy volume after hours, bouncing around 19. Squeeze more shorts tomorrow?
Besides AVEO (no comment), AUPH was one of my first trades. I got enamored with Biotechs when I first started dipping my feet into trading because of the big risk, big reward. Also because I happened upon that God forsaken "BIO STOCKS" thread on TexAgs. Someone on there mentioned it and I day traded it a bit, but eventually got out of it entirely after I found out about this $50K "learning experience" called options and I shifted my focus from equities to options. I still had it on my watchlist, so I got dings and updates on it. After I signed up for CheddarFlow, I noticed patterns on some smaller caps rolling in about 4-5 weeks before what "experts" thought to be catalyst dates. The ones I have recognized have had about a ~70% hit rate from what I can gather. Because I had familiarity with AUPH already, I decided to jump in on it. I knew others in here followed that BIO STOCKS thread, so I dropped the notes when I saw it popping up on Cheddar. After the first few small option plays ($20-75k blocks or sweeps) some larger plays came in over well $100k. I knew something was up because you don't see those types of bets on bios without being in the know.
2percent
AG
thanks for the info and insight i appreciate it. Now not as much as the initial info on AUPH, but i do appreciate it.

So thank you both.
5C
AG
george1992 said:

TV Casualty said:

You still made money. Not bad for an idiot.

I still got my AUPH and just finished a round of golf. Solid day!
5C
AG
131% gain today
ProgN
Thank you all for the prayers.

I was informed tonight that my father (82) has brain cancer and it is terminal.

Anyone that's familiar with me knows that F16 is my main hangout but I've taken a break from there over the last few days and I'll only lurk there while I focus on my mom and family. I will be in here because I love you guys and this thread is one of the bright spots for me right now.

Between this and my pending divorce and bitter custody fight for my 4 yr old son, 2019 is officially the worst ****ing year of my life. Continued prayers for my dad are welcomed.

Gig'em,

Richard '95
Brewmaster
AG
You and your family are in our thoughts and prayers PN
spud1910
AG
Praying for your Mom and Dad and all of your family. You too. Take care my friend.
leoj
AG
Curious, what we're you in?

Prog, truly sorry to hear that.
Brewmaster
AG
What type of bourbon you want? I'm sure AgShaun will split cost with me

I'm in SNSS. They're due to present at ASH conference and a lot of big names are in it. It's trading at a floundering .39 cents and has some big volume at times, but seems held down leading up to this conference.

I also was in RLMD, made 17% then exited, but oops missed the squeeze today!
gougler08
AG
Sorry to hear that man, stay strong and prayers from my family are heading your way
First Page Last Page
Page 842 of 6420

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.