Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,164,545 Views | 224698 Replies | Last: 5 hrs ago by Heineken-Ashi
Irish 2.0
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Took the double and called it good. Not bad for a two day trade.
oldarmy1
AG
oldarmy1 said:

mrad85 said:

What is it about 2860?

It's where my formula predicted/projected key resistance for bulls/bears.

4th attempt underway
4th attempt never made it to 2860.....experience says that might be a sucker move to get sellers watching now that everyone and their dog knows 2860 is resistance. Then a blow up move occurs. See if it happens here.
Irish 2.0
It is, but I've learned to stop chasing the grand slams and to take the RBIs when it's given to me. I'm going to put some of the profits into the LPSN July calls while it's down and try to average down to $.35
Rice and Fries
CreakinDeacon said:

It is, but I've learned to stop chasing the grand slams and to take the RBIs when it's given to me. I'm going to put some of the profits into the LPSN July calls while it's down and try to average down to $.35
This is a hard hard lesson to learn.
Shundere
Bought back into weekly 140's
oldarmy1
AG
CreakinDeacon said:

Good move
Irish 2.0
Rice and Fries said:

CreakinDeacon said:

Well it was a very expensive education that first two years of learning options...
Rice and Fries
CreakinDeacon said:

Rice and Fries said:

CreakinDeacon said:

Well it was a very expensive education that first two years of learning options...
#metoo
oldarmy1
AG
cup and handle on the minute S&P. Now or never???
Rice and Fries
It hit it briefly!
Ragoo
AG
oldarmy1 said:

buying puts on spy yet?
oldarmy1
AG
Ragoo said:

oldarmy1 said:

buying puts on spy yet?
Not yet. You think this ultimately fails. This test and fail can be the greatest shake ploy in the market. Knowing the levels allowed me to take some money off the table and switch out strategies.
Irish 2.0
oldarmy1 said:

Ragoo said:

oldarmy1 said:

buying puts on spy yet?
Not yet. You think this ultimately fails. This test and fail can be the greatest shake ploy in the market. Knowing the levels allowed me to take some money off the table and switch out strategies.
I think it breaks resistance ahead of the weekend and then Trump tweets something Pro-American, albeit with Trump rhetoric and futures end up down 20 points next Tuesday morning.
oldarmy1
AG
I do hate the waiting. I've made 3 strategy changes just on NVDA. Sold shares. Bought calls. NVDA jumped up to $154.50 so I sold calls and now I sold naked Puts $152.50. Either own NVDA near $150 end of the week or bank $1800/10 nake puts.
Colt98
AG
Here we go
oldarmy1
AG
I like weekly naked Puts right here. Even if this fails it signals sideways movement through the rest of the week.
oldarmy1
AG
MCHP has a gap yesterday to $83 area. I'd be targeting that short term.
oldarmy1
AG
In a normal market I'd be all in at this point but I just have zero trust in the China deal, so I'm using naked Puts more. About to switch a few more holdings to take advantage of some reach covered calls combined with naked Puts
Irish 2.0
oldarmy1 said:

In a normal market I'd be all in at this point but I just have zero trust in the China deal, so I'm using naked Puts more. About to switch a few more holdings to take advantage of some reach covered calls combined with naked Puts
I would be all over this, but I just don't have enough equity to hold up funds in the naked puts I would want. One day though...
JobSecurity
AG
COST all time high
oldarmy1
AG
CreakinDeacon said:

oldarmy1 said:

I would be all over this, but I just don't have enough equity to hold up funds in the naked puts I would want. One day though...
You'll get there. And the last 2 weeks have been the most difficult week I've had. Go figure. What I was down has been cut in half, so right now my goal is to pull back to neutral and then let some longer term calls pay off on an eventual move upward. I have MCHP June $87's. I want MCHP to close that gap yesterday and I'll sell a covered call out to same period to make shares expendable and use the calls as my opportunity risk.
Colt98
AG
Question.. have DE June 21 145. Up 100% now, but with the extra time would you hold here and look for it to work on filling gap? Not going to lie, I'm still a little shell shock on some of my early sales(qcom,dis). That part of me wants to pull trigger and capture the 100%, but the other believes it looks like a likely gap fill, or very least will test 140.
Irish 2.0
Good luck today everyone. All of my orders filled and I'm done with the market toady. Gonna go get drunk on a beach and watch women out of my league strut by in revealing bikinis.
oldarmy1
AG
CSCO cup formed on the daily chart.
Irish 2.0
Colt98 said:

Question.. have DE June 21 145. Up 100% now, but with the extra time would you hold here and look for it to work on filling gap? Not going to lie, I'm still a little shell shock on some of my early sales(qcom,dis). That part of me wants to pull trigger and capture the 100%, but the other believes it looks like a likely gap fill, or very least will test 140.
Sell 1/2. Take the net free hold. One bad tweet from Trump will tank DE because DE uses a lot of steel from China in their manufacturing.
oldarmy1
AG
TEUM broke out above 3 day resistance.
Rice and Fries
Glad I bought back the covered calls yesterday.
oldarmy1
AG
Big volume on DE

$18M buys
Aggie_2463
AG
RIG up ~5% today...

I've done played that thing 4x from $7.30 range to $7.60+ range. It's seems to bounce there a lot
oldarmy1
AG
Now that I can read through data over past week. I learned that my entries were spot on IF we hadn't had the blow up on China. But that is part of a market, so no complaints. Dial back in and get it going.
oldarmy1
AG
Still think TEUM is one of the most undervalued stocks on the markets.

$15 is my target price for 2020.
ProgN
Aggie_2463 said:

RIG up ~5% today...

I've done played that thing 4x from $7.30 range to $7.60+ range. It's seems to bounce there a lot
I've been doing the same with options. When it breaks through it should get close to $10, but in the meantime I'll trade the options on it.
oldarmy1
AG
NVDA and MCHP with reversal Harami's if this holds. HOWEVER, it had same pattern that I entered just before the trade debacle, thus killing the confirmation next day.
Aggie_2463
AG
Prognightmare said:

Aggie_2463 said:

RIG up ~5% today...

I've been doing the same with options. When it breaks through it should get close to $10, but in the meantime I'll trade the options on it.
It be nice if it go ahead and break out
oldarmy1
AG
Sold a $82.50 covered call on MCHP shares to complete that rotation of strategy. Have the June $87 calls still with plenty of time for things to shake out, fill that gap and have some momentum.

That top on the S&P was fairly strong and now we'll see if 2860 gets lost.
First Page Last Page
Page 561 of 6420

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.