Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

21,518,922 Views | 223290 Replies | Last: 4 min ago by ProgN
Shundere
How long do you want to ignore this user?
So we are just watching to see if that 2860 holds now?

It did not
oldarmy1
AG
After it is often, after a splash move up by DE the big volume signature actually showed the top resistance and its giving back now, as is the macro markets.

Back under 2860. Should get a bounce here as bulls try to hold technical. Otherwise the parties over and sideways continues - which means profit taking and stocks moving lower.
E
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Still think TEUM is one of the most undervalued stocks on the markets.

$15 is my target price for 2020.
What are your thoughts on the 1/17/2020 $7.50 calls at $1.03?
oldarmy1
AG
Draw your Model "T" and you'll know where things stand. Someone who wants to do it as a learning experience post it.
oldarmy1
AG
E said:

oldarmy1 said:

Still think TEUM is one of the most undervalued stocks on the markets.

$15 is my target price for 2020.
What are your thoughts on the 1/17/2020 $7.50 calls at $1.03?
Love it!
oldarmy1
AG
Shundere said:

So we are just watching to see if that 2860 holds now?

It did not
Remember momentum has to be calculated into everything. Overruns nearly always happen on quick drops or rises. So it had a flash below 2860 but the second you see it stop/pause below there without continuation you know that bounce expected is coming. But that is a day traders bounce, and it happened back to above 2863.

So all this intraday technical is fun but we need trend follow through ultimately taking out 2890 for some clear path visibility. A close above 2860 would be a good step.
oldarmy1
AG
Flag patterns everywhere. NVDA most pronounced
oldarmy1
AG
OSTK big insider buying reported.

I truly lead a blessed trading life!
oldarmy1
AG
Seeing a lot of call volume on MCHP. Remains to be seen if they followed my covered call on those or if speculating for the intraday Darvis Box on MCHP breaking to the upside for a larger run above $82.50. I think that's more probable but remember I have June 21 $87 calls. The shares would be called out at $82.50 but paying me a net $85. I'll take a $2 spread between $85 exit and $87 calls, to lower capital invested.
Rice and Fries
oldarmy1 said:

Time to buy puts?
oldarmy1
AG
Rice and Fries said:

oldarmy1 said:

Time to buy puts?
NO!

Actually I think OSTK is about to have a bottom signature reversal move. That would mean my naked Put mistake becomes not even ending up with any shares. Thinking of a longer term call out to $15-$17 as a play
Rice and Fries
What are your thoughts on JD? Was looking at some more options closer to ITM but with it's 3% run up today, hard to say what it's going to do based off the chart (and assuming no effects of the trade war)
oldarmy1
AG
ROKU about to hit all-time highs. I think $90 is a safe target
Post removed:
by user
ProgN
I did yesterday. May buy more too.
oldarmy1
AG
Market are up today cheered by the news that the Department of Commerce has granted a 90-day license that will enable Huawei to service existing networks and mobile services and, at the same time, provide some added flexibility for operators to make other arrangements.

This can best be described as a superficial response, because there isn't a lot of substance to this news for a variety of reasons:

• The idea that this temporary license could be forthcoming was talked about yesterday (when the market was selling off).
  • It is a temporary reprieve.
  • U.S. companies are still banned from doing new business with Huawei, unless they are granted a special license to do so.

This is a band-aid that will stop some of Monday's bleeding for a bit, but it's not a permanent stitch. Traders, though, are running with the news (or maybe algorithms are) and jumping on it in a quick effort to squeeze out short sellers and establish some momentum in a buy-the-dip trade.

In effect, market sentiment is being leased from one day to the next, paced by the headline du jour that "sets the tone" with respect to dealings on trade matters.

From IB

oldarmy1
AG
n patterns versus h patterns are great when long....
oldarmy1
AG
NVDA broke oiut of its consolidation Darvis Box and has made a 40 cent move. MCHP still working on it.
FriskyGardenGnome
AG
Rice and Fries said:

What are your thoughts on JD? Was looking at some more options closer to ITM but with it's 3% run up today, hard to say what it's going to do based off the chart (and assuming no effects of the trade war)
IMO - Looks like a continuation of consolidation which was interrupted by China trade news. Short term resistance around 30.89. I'm just holding the options I have at the moment.
tramaro1
AG
Anyone still holding CSCO $58 weeklies? I was a dumb a** and didn't sell when I was up 100%.
Shundere
I bought into 57 weeklies this morning, will be selling tomorrow.
ProgN
When you have time will you look at QRVO? It looks like a wild one but could pay off Yuge. I'd like to know what your opinion is. TIA
oldarmy1
AG
Wow the rips upward on DE are nuts! Big volume spikes with 50 cent moves instantly
oldarmy1
AG
Prognightmare said:

When you have time will you look at QRVO? It looks like a wild one but could pay off Yuge. I'd like to know what your opinion is. TIA
Could be setting to reverse. That spike fail shows buying interest and it holding above recent lows is a good sign. Still I would trade the June 21 $67.50 at 70 cents or even the $70 strikes at 35 cents or so. Keep risk low and if that failed line ends up retracing upwards you'll get either one of those in the money by then.

Note the last 4 days of volume is all red so the Huwaei news caught them by surprise. Takes a couple of days to get "right" after stuffing a rebound attempt, but the odds are heavy it moves upward.
ProgN
Thank you sir!
oldarmy1
AG
Wow...just noticed AMZN is red. whats up with that?!
oldarmy1
AG
Oh...good sign. Profit taking hit as expected but bulls rocketed us back up near highs.
YNWA_AG
AG
especially strange since berkshire hathway's 13f was released less than a week ago showing the $900 mil stake.
Chickenhawk
CX still breaking my heart. I'm in at a 4.88 cost basis.
Shundere
Boy that was a wild 40 minutes

Just as I speak, it happens again. Back in my hole I go.
jmcfar_98
AG
Chickenhawk said:

CX still breaking my heart. I'm in at a 4.88 cost basis.

Sounds like you need to cost average down then
Shundere
DE is one crazy SOB
oldarmy1
AG
Held 2860
YNWA_AG
AG
AMD had a good close. Couldn't fill the July $30 calls I wanted
ProgN
Does anyone use TC2000 charting program? I read about it and I may give it a try but I'd like to know your opinions.
First Page Last Page
Page 562 of 6380

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.