Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,096,545 Views | 224541 Replies | Last: 8 min ago by El_duderino
Shundere
How long do you want to ignore this user?
DE 139.80 AH
YNWA_AG
AG
I see 138.89
Shundere
It has now changed. I think my phone app was messed up
FriskyGardenGnome
AG
Prognightmare said:

Does anyone use TC2000 charting program? I read about it and I may give it a try but I'd like to know your opinions.
If I were to pay for a monthly charting service I'd use a Worden product or go back to Tradestation. Both are very robust and highly customizable via scripting.
oldarmy1
AG
Here's your QRVO impacted by the China ban that was delayed 90 days. It ripped upward to open but sold off all day. The selloff breakdown began before and accelerated once the Huwaei news broke. Then today failed reversal, and we know why. That news of the 90 day extension/delay caught the big volume traders off guard so they had to kill the move.

So its a wait and see on breakdown towards $56 previous support low or if the majority turned around their trades during the day. Either way there is going to be a big move when you have that much volume building. So a spread of some type is the best approach. But a June 21 call as posted earlier on the cheap would be the solo trade.

dlp3719
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Draw your Model "T" and you'll know where things stand. Someone who wants to do it as a learning experience post it.

I'll give it a try. Which stock?
oldarmy1
AG
dlp3719 said:

oldarmy1 said:

Draw your Model "T" and you'll know where things stand. Someone who wants to do it as a learning experience post it.

I'll give it a try. Which stock?

Well I was talking intraday S&P after spike high to open of you had drawn it it would have been very close to where the pullback came before heading upward.
aunuwyn08
AG
Options trading sucks when you have all day meetings and you get out of work to find your calls expired...
ProgN
https://www.cnbc.com/2019/05/22/chinas-gac-motor-postpones-its-us-launch-as-trade-war-drags-on.html?__source=twitter%7Cmain
oldarmy1
AG
aunuwyn08 said:

Options trading sucks when you have all day meetings and you get out of work to find your calls expired...
You had some S&P's?
aunuwyn08
AG
What are S&P's?
leoj
AG
You bought options for $SPY? Most options do not expire on a Tuesday
aunuwyn08
AG
No I tried to buy AMD calls. I'm probably using the wrong terminology, but I put in an order before markets opened and it went unfilled due to price.
leoj
AG
Anyone taken a look at SE?
ProgN
leoj said:

Anyone taken a look at SE?
No, but I will now. What's the story? Chart looks good and it's up $4.61 AH.
YNWA_AG
AG
looks like big growth from free to play mobile games
leoj
AG
Yeah, exactly. Just saw this tweet and then saw some huge open interest in the June $26 options. Figured it could be worth a look given that it missed earnings but jumped so much AH.

Quote:

$SE Hedge fund billionaires Chase Coleman, Lei Zhang, Stephen Mandel are some of big buyers in Q1. The stock is trading at ~$25, slightly more expensive than what they paid, Worth to take a close look.
ProgN

Wish I had QCOM puts.
oldarmy1
AG
QCOM thanks a lot. Chips will take it on the chin again. Unbelievable!
oldarmy1
AG
Well I suppose I'll get all $3 value on NVDA naked Puts and MCHP covered calls.

Sure glad I made the strategic shifts yesterday. No trust in the markets might turn me into a day trader!
oldarmy1
AG
That's gonna help on that QRVO call entry. If the stock volume was support this downdraft will create an artificial overrun for call entry at value pricing.

I'd go out an extra month, taking advantage of going to play it.
ProgN
Please list the options I can target
FriskyGardenGnome
AG
Prognightmare said:

Wish I had QCOM puts.
I sold mine for a small loss on yesterday's jump. Chips are looking like biotechs lately.

I hate getting jerked around.
oldarmy1
AG
July $67.50 Strikes and hope for a flash down close to the $57 mark for entry at $0.50 cent area on QRVO. I'd even take a trade at that.

Bigger question is how far will QCOM drop? 12% this morning gets my attention for a longer term trade. Might take initial nibble with an option out 3 months back in the upper $70's or $80 and increase as volume and any further drop allows.

Never know how an already depressed sector will behave. Chips might snap right back and head higher, hold recent lows or roll over for bear feasting.
ProgN
That hurts, sorry brother. Right strategy bad timing.
oldarmy1
AG
Is it even conceivable that QCOM could come all the way back to it's $58 major support base? I would imagine the biggest institutions knew this outcome was coming.
ProgN
Thank you for analyzing QRVO, I appreciate it. I'm putting those calls on my buy list.

Are you expecting a weak market going into a 3 day weekend and end of month? I kinda am.
oldarmy1
AG
Never want to overreact but posting how I am handling my smallest portfolio. Take MCHP. I sold 500 shares of 1000 yesterday and sold an $82.50 covered call up near it's highs above $82.

I tried to get fills at $81.50 on 300 shares but ended up selling those at $81. So now I'm sitting on 5 calls, of which 2 remain covered calls but 3 are naked.

So I am in position to either hold all calls to Friday expiration, collecting the full premium OR if MCHP somehow rallies to a new high above yesterday's $82.26 I can either still buy back the 300 shares and collect the premium as the profit in the trade or take my $1 per share hit on the 300 by buying back the call.

I'd rather be conservative here.
oldarmy1
AG
I should add that I have more decisions that I could make. I could sell 3 of those naked calls on weakness of MCHP pocketing that money. I could buy the 300 shares back if MCHP really moves lower and have those 3 calls $3 premium for an extra cushion.

Lot of decisions to make
ProgN
https://www.cnbc.com/2019/05/22/treasury-secretary-mnuchin-says-no-plans-to-go-to-beijing-for-trade-talks-yet.html
FriskyGardenGnome
AG
DOCU making a second run at $55 - mid point retrace in D-box.

TEUM almost to $5
UpstateAg
AG
Out on some weekly SPY puts I got yesterday afternoon. Trying to play smart and conservative before I'm out of the country for a couple weeks.
ProgN
I did the exact same thing
mrad85
AG
Stupid question.

Who specifically is pulling the switches at 3:55 am and pm each day on the S&P?

It seems to me they are driving the markets.
Aggie_2463
AG
What's everyone's thoughts on NIO? It just keeps dropping
First Page Last Page
Page 563 of 6416

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.