Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

21,522,406 Views | 223304 Replies | Last: 5 hrs ago by ProgN
IrishTxAggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
lead said:

What's the deal with BA?
Sooner than expected flight test of the MAX
ProgN
Doesn't matter what it does right now because it's going to move one way or the other at 7:30 am tomorrow when non-farm payrolls number is released.
McInnis 03
AG
McInnis 03 said:

Kind of want to play a Wynn call, but I'm going to just watch.
And this is why we watch.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

lead said:

What's the deal with BA?

Incorrect. It is actually going up because I closed all my positions
Talon2DSO
AG
george1992 said:

I think I have the calls figured out. Now I'm working on the puts. In order to buy SPY puts at the end of the day to protect against a fall tomorrow morning, what price do you go with on the strike price?

I was rushing to get in something before the close today and bought SPY puts expiring tomorrow with a strike price of $333. Do you go with the current SPY price or take it down some? I'm guessing $334 or $335 would have been where we closed.

Edit - I'm already up 10% on this so I'm guessing I'm lucky or smart.

I have a 334c and a 332.5p on it that expire tomorrow. Not sure if that helps
oldarmy1
AG
george1992 said:

I think I have the calls figured out. Now I'm working on the puts. In order to buy SPY puts at the end of the day to protect against a fall tomorrow morning, what price do you go with on the strike price?

I was rushing to get in something before the close today and bought SPY puts expiring tomorrow with a strike price of $333. Do you go with the current SPY price or take it down some? I'm guessing $334 or $335 would have been where we closed.

Edit - I'm already up 10% on this so I'm guessing I'm lucky or smart.

So you were in the calls? If so, well done.

The Put side I would go out to the 12th and $2 below SPY price, so $332's. The calls paid for half the puts.
oldarmy1
AG
McInnis 03 said:

I went contrarian
george1992
oldarmy1 said:

The Put side I would go out to the 12th and $2 below SPY price, so $332's. The calls paid for half the puts.
I was on the calls and then sold them this am while the SPY was down. I got spooked since the market didn't come out rocking and I was tired of losing money on the calls. Although I'm up big on some TLRA calls out to 2/21. This stuff is addicting.
McInnis 03
AG
oldarmy1 said:

McInnis 03 said:

I went contrarian
You, sir......WIN
drill4oil78
AG
oldarmy1 said:

khkman22 said:

oldarmy1 said:

GILD dividend is at 7.9% at current prices. I just added across all retirement accounts. I went with Feb $75's and the LEAPS to 2022 in trading accounts.
What am I missing? Yahoo Finance says it was just under 4% before today.
They are raising it
Raising by 8% not to 8%. I have traded the stock during this base building time. I bought back when it was trading around 63.5. It is forming a nice base. Div is .68. raised it a nickel. Still decent dividend, but they did not double it.
spud1910
AG
oldarmy1 said:

$ACB halted
Doesn't look too good. Glad my calls are not weeklies.
Ag13
AG
UBER up ~10% AH
aggiedaniel06
AG
aggiedaniel06 said:

UBER earnings today.

Opened a 3/20 40C/35P strangle for $2.80

Looking good! Uber at $40.85
IrishTxAggie
AG
NRD09 said:

IrishTxAggie said:

lead said:

What's the deal with BA?

Incorrect. It is actually going up because I closed all my positions

I'm fine with that too because I'm on BA 2/14 $350C with a 2.2 avg.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
here's my (really bad) thesis on BA: they will continue to have trouble in the commercial realm until they scrap the max program completely. Every investigation and attempt at recertification reveals more skeletons in the closet and a subsequent dump, the best thing for restoring credibility in the brand would be to buy back and scrap every max in existence, and replace them with whatever aircraft they're probably already nearly finished developing to take it's place. I'm sure it would be an enormous cost, but similar to Facebook going on a tear after being slapped with their 5 billion FTC fine, it would mean that the uncertainty is over and they can go back to kicking ass. I will probably get back into BA after the next fumble and subsequent slide but I really think scrapping the max program is the catalyst that will run it back up into the 4s
IrishTxAggie
AG
They're not scrapping the MAX. They'll rename it
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
spud1910 said:

oldarmy1 said:

$ACB halted

replaced CEO and cash infusion by the Canadian govt? (read on stocktwits so probably wrong)
McInnis 03
AG
It's amazing to me what marijuana has done as an industry. My Canopy Growth and MJ are down like 50% and I don't know anyone who has done well with those stocks long.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

They're not scrapping the MAX. They'll rename it
I think that's the worst thing they could do, but it is probably what will happen, and why I've lost confidence in them
IrishTxAggie
AG
NRD09 said:

spud1910 said:

oldarmy1 said:

$ACB halted

replaced CEO and cash infusion by the Canadian govt? (read on stocktwits so probably wrong)
CEO retiring and slashing 10% of workforce.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
hey look more boeing news!
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/02/06/business/boeing-737-inquiry.html
IrishTxAggie
AG
Crash from 11yrs ago and conducted by "an expert". Government cleared them. Pound sand Dutch
gougler08
AG
DXC with the beat
leoj
AG
anyone in PINS at all? maybe them and TWTR back on the upswing?
Premium
AG
Anyone excited today was the highest intraday and highest close of the market in history?

Although I do not have much in the market (all in other investments) this is great news!
Brewmaster
AG
excited to be at recent highs in my accounts, but not excited for tomorrow...markets feel quite fat here.

I am excited for next week though, ROKU and DIS should finally rip. My bet is in tandem.
UpstateAg
AG
I could use OKTA to gap waaaay up. Need some repair the house money.
Brewmaster
AG
george1992 said:

oldarmy1 said:

I was on the calls and then sold them this am while the SPY was down. I got spooked since the market didn't come out rocking and I was tired of losing money on the calls. Although I'm up big on some TLRA calls out to 2/21. This stuff is addicting.
Yes it completely is addicting! I've sold BE and SDC calls for easy profit just on dips and rips in the stock price. Now in OKTA and GILD with the rest of the gang here, and holding a DIS 2/21 lotto and SNSS 3/20.
spud1910
AG
NRD09 said:

spud1910 said:

oldarmy1 said:

$ACB halted

Yeah, that's what I read on Yahoo finance.
khkman22
AG
So who here picked GILD options today, and what date and strike? I only picked up shares in a retirement account. Passed on the options today because the price movement was too abnormal to make me feel like there was a good point to enter. I know I'll probably regret it tomorrow.
Lavender Gooms
AG
Playing with some house money on PINS. Grabbed a couple of weekly $24.5C earlier today. Will help take the sting away of playing DIS earnings!
Post removed:
by user
UpstateAg
AG
Good jobs report.
IrishTxAggie
AG
MAGA MOTHA TRUCKERS!!!

tailgatetimer10
AG
Wow.
First Page Last Page
Page 962 of 6381

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.