Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,025,668 Views | 224232 Replies | Last: 14 min ago by Heineken-Ashi
khaos288
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
gig em 02 said:

khaos288 said:

lol thanks. Politics literally has poisoned half the board. I just wanna get rich with a bunch of ags and have fun doing it

Good thinking, because the two are mutually exclusive, especially with what is scheduled for tomorrow and the implications it may have on Tuesday.

Yeah obviously there are some things that impact the market that are worth talking about, but as much as we can avoid I know I would greatly appreciate.
HustlerAggie
Does anyone here know of how to find the updated Citi "Bear Market Checklist"?

If I google it, I can find plenty of news stories about it, but I am not sure where to go to access the actual checklist. I'd like to keep an eye on it and thought someone here might know where to go.
Hustle Harder
khaos288
AG
HustlerAggie said:

If I google it, I can find plenty of news stories about it, but I am not sure where to go to access the actual checklist. I'd like to keep an eye on it and thought someone here might know where to go.
?
59 South
AG
The last 2 recessions have been historically severe. I'd be curious of how less severe previous bear markets stack up. The ones that were around 30% drop and not around 50%.
leoj
AG
25% drop on the S&P gets us to about last December's lows haha
Talon2DSO
AG
leoj said:

25% drop on the S&P gets us to about last December's lows haha

So like, everything's on sale
HustlerAggie
khaos288 said:

HustlerAggie said:

?
Yes, I can google it and get the past images for it. (This one looks like it is from June 2019)
Where do I go to get the updated numbers for now though? (If anywhere.)
Hustle Harder
khaos288
AG
K
oldarmy1
AG
pfo said:

oldarmy1 said:

https://www.fool.com/investing/2020/01/30/rubicon-project-and-telaria-report-preliminary-res.aspx

OA, which feature of the Motley Fool do you subscribe to, to get this recommendation? I am a MF subscriber but this recommendation isn't on any my authorized content.

I don't subscribe but have a friend at MF that sends me stuff on stocks I send him I'm buying.
ProgN
leoj
AG
Yeah. US futures still up though
IrishTxAggie
AG
Our futures are rocking though
IrishTxAggie
AG
Because the Chinese are going to fly to the US markets with their money
ProgN
IrishTxAggie said:

Our futures are rocking though
True, but Thursday night at this time our futures were solidly up going into Friday..........and you all know.
IrishTxAggie
AG
It was all the airline announcements that did that wasn't it?
ProgN
Not sure brother.
ProgN
Futures still climbing higher, so I'm optimistic. Could be a good night even though the F'ing 49ers might win the SB.
Talon2DSO
AG
So does this mean the $120p SPY might need to be sold?
khaos288
AG
Talon2DSO said:

Probably a hair out of the money.

Sorry had to.
jtmoney03
AG
Talon2DSO said:

Damn...taking us back to Nov 2011 with that trade!
FishrCoAg
AG
Prognightmare said:

Futures still climbing higher, so I'm optimistic. Could be a good night even though the F'ing 49ers might win the SB.

Can't trust your predictions now!
canadianAg
AG
Question for those on the board from someone with no real option trading experience. One question I have is around liquidity. Say I wanted to gamble the Disney earnings this week and bought a the $145 call expiring Feb 7. What's the risk that you can't get that filled when you want to sell (whether it pans out or not)? Does stuff like that happen frequently, particularly with a larger stock like that?
ProgN
Options on major stocks are extremely liquid. You have about a 99.999999999999999% chance of getting your option ordered filled if you place it on the bid/ask.
Ragoo
AG
Also look at the open interest, volume, and bid/ask spread.

One thing is you don't want to buy options with a wide bid/ask spread.
IrishTxAggie
AG
GILD gonna pop big today. Already up PM very nicely. They have an experimental Coronavirus treatment that's already worked on a patient in Thailand

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/gileads-stock-jumps-5-on-coronavirus-treatment-plans-2020-02-03?siteid=yhoof2&yptr=yahoo
deadbq03
AG
How are you getting into it (assuming you are)? I don't have experience with non-earnings good news days.
oldarmy1
AG
Whatever ROKU is just before the open it will be $2 higher immediately after.

Free money pop with options already in the money I take off 35-50% then. If it just keeps running awesome.
IrishTxAggie
AG
deadbq03 said:

How are you getting into it (assuming you are)? I don't have experience with non-earnings good news days.
I'm already in them. GILD was one of the few things I did last week because a friend of mine that also uses CheddarFlow saw pretty sizable call volume in on it last week. I stepped out of a meeting and did it. I'm on the 3/20 67.5C. I may look to enter the 4/17 70C depending on how it's looking after the first 30 minutes.
AgShaun00
AG
encouraging after China markets opened and tanked that they closed at the highs for the day.
IrishTxAggie
AG
AgShaun00 said:

encouraging after China markets opened and tanked that they closed at the highs for the day.
Chinese central bank pumped in the equivalent of ~$170B USD.
McInnis 03
AG
My XOM March calls are going to 0.00. Talk about catching a knife.
IrishTxAggie
AG
McInnis 03 said:

My XOM March calls are going to 0.00. Talk about catching a knife.
I have OXY 9/18 45s that I paid too much for and are just ugly... Might be an average down candidate this week
McInnis 03
AG
So I'm seeing AAPL at $306 in premarket. Any thoughts on playing some pushed out calls there? I'm still reeling from wheN I sold at $199 and have to find a way to make it up to myself.
oldarmy1
AG
3243 area is Model T on the low/high action overnight to premarket. See if we open right around there which would be a push higher opening.
McInnis 03
AG
A little help on Model T for novice? My research only brings me to Ford stuff
First Page Last Page
Page 945 of 6407

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.