Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,026,702 Views | 224248 Replies | Last: 2 min ago by ProgN
IrishTxAggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ragoo said:

IrishTxAggie said:

Ragoo said:

So can we get peanuts on airlines now?
Meh. I'm more of a pretzels or stroopwafels fans
youd be happy with a spud
Can't remember which airline it was, but they gave out Gardettos! It was great!!
oldarmy1
AG
Model T is $36. Easy math from takeoff $32 to top $38 = $36 and look exactly where it bounced.

Never forget the Model T!!!
Brewmaster
AG
Brewmaster
AG
BREwmaster said:

more telling than the 2 mil shares bought, is the number of puts, loads of them for next week.

Here's some AMZN buying, dark pool... there was also one on OXY - lots of big buys

Boat Shoes
AG
BREwmaster said:

BREwmaster said:

more telling than the 2 mil shares bought, is the number of puts, loads of them for next week.

Here's some AMZN buying, dark pool... there was also one on OXY - lots of big buys

Can you explain what dark pool means to a newbie?

Also, if you were concerned with the market opening lower on Monday morning, what's the best value play? $321 puts on SPY? One week out? A month out? Something else?

Thanks!
gig em 02
Imagine if we were buying and selling shares directly from each other in this thread. Now imagine we are all loaded like OA and Irish. That's the basic idea.
IrishTxAggie
AG
I'm not loaded. I'm not poor either. I lost a lot the last 8 trading days because I was at a conference and couldn't actively trade. Premium losses on my stuff out to March-June got destroyed and that's where I have a good chunk of my positions tied up.
Lavender Gooms
AG
BREwmaster said:

play earnings next week...

I may pull the trigger on the 150C's. I think they blow earnings out of the water, too many subs out there on Disney Plus not to.

On the same page as you are. Grabbed a couple of the 140s today when DIS dipped. We'll see how next week goes!
UpstateAg
AG
I bought a few 35C that expire 2/21. Model T needs to be the new support
Brewmaster
AG
yep, what gigem 02 said... an off the record way for big $ to buy big chunks, typically indicates a big move coming, but you have to remember they can ride it down and short it before they let it loose.

I've noticed trading view doesn't show big volume dark pool buys, but I have an app that shows those big volume bars. I picked up on one the other day and was quite proud for spotting one -- it was a 6.9mil buy on BE and at over $8 a share, but with earnings coming next week.
FishrCoAg
AG
Looking for a little advice here. Been following the thread for about 6 months and doing some small trades. Selling puts and then covered calls on Roku when I got the stock assigned. I own a small amount now with a cost basis IOC around 96.00 after the options trades. Best plan to sell covered calls Monday or wait for a bounce?
ProgN
Personally, I'd wait. You have DIS earnings next week and ROKU's in 2 weeks. I think both report solid numbers so I wouldn't write calls at its current price because I think it will be higher. JMO

Edit: wouldn't
FishrCoAg
AG
Thanks
ProgN
Also, if they reach an agreement with Fox today or tomorrow, which I think they will, another negative storyline disappears.
leoj
AG
Prognightmare said:

Also, if they reach an agreement with Fox today or tomorrow, which I think they will, another negative storyline disappears.

ProgN
Boom!
ProgN
I have my 4 yr old son this weekend so haven't be able to do any stock research yet.
Brewmaster
AG
I knew it! Glad I added more Friday!
Ragoo
AG
I have some ROKU 2/7 covered calls at 135 that are 80% of max profit. I may buy those back Monday if we don't have a big gap up. Then if we have a Green Day next week will sell the 2/14 covered call to capture the earnings IMplied volitility. I have been selling covered calls as ROKU has fallen. Buying calls on Green Days selling them as soon as the "run" shows weakness. My account has grown the last several weeks even though I have been losing value on the underlying holding.
leoj
AG
Nicely played
ProgN
Quote:

Roku, Fox arrive at new distribution deal

Jan. 31, 2020 11:11 PM ET|About: Roku, Inc. (ROKU)|By: Jason Aycock, SA News Editor

Roku (NASDAQ:ROKU) and Fox (FOX, FOXA) have settled their pre-Super Bowl distribution dispute.

The companies have a new deal to keep Fox channels on Roku devices.
Cord Cutters News reported the new deal earlier.
That means a direct 4K streaming option for the Super Bowl for owners of Roku players and TVs.
Roku shares closed down 7.4% today in the wake of news about the dispute, which threatened to end availability of the Fox channels if a deal wasn't reached by tonight.
Brewmaster
AG
Ragoo said:

I have some ROKU 2/7 covered calls at 135 that are 80% of max profit. I may buy those back Monday if we don't have a big gap up. Then if we have a Green Day next week will sell the 2/14 covered call to capture the earnings IMplied volitility. I have been selling covered calls as ROKU has fallen. Buying calls on Green Days selling them as soon as the "run" shows weakness. My account has grown the last several weeks even though I have been losing value on the underlying holding.
Do you typically shoot for around 10% above current SP when you write them or more? (to avoid having your shares called out, but still collect premium)...forgive me, still learning here.
Ragoo
AG
BREwmaster said:

Ragoo said:

Do you typically shoot for around 10% above current SP when you buy them or more? (to avoid having your shares called out, but still collect premium)...forgive me, still learning here.
i am currently selling them at my cost basis.
leoj
AG
So this virus is getting worse as far as impact on the Chinese economy.
ProgN

This doesn't suck.
oldarmy1
AG
Those ROKU calls might be big winners Monday.

CheladaAg
CheladaAg
AG
I
ProgN
oldarmy1 said:

Those ROKU calls might be big winners Monday.

gig em 02
China is supposedly banning the sale of stock and pumping cash into the market
khaos288
AG
Yay political non sense for no reason
gig em 02
I deleted my Bernie comment because unfortunately satire is now indistinguishable from reality
khaos288
AG
lol thanks. Politics literally has poisoned half the board. I just wanna get rich with a bunch of ags and have fun doing it
pfo
AG
oldarmy1 said:

https://www.fool.com/investing/2020/01/30/rubicon-project-and-telaria-report-preliminary-res.aspx

OA, which feature of the Motley Fool do you subscribe to, to get this recommendation? I am a MF subscriber but this recommendation isn't on any my authorized content.
gig em 02
khaos288 said:

lol thanks. Politics literally has poisoned half the board. I just wanna get rich with a bunch of ags and have fun doing it

Good thinking, because the two are mutually exclusive, especially with what is scheduled for tomorrow and the implications it may have on Tuesday.
First Page Last Page
Page 944 of 6408

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.