Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

21,984,410 Views | 224112 Replies | Last: 12 min ago by ProgN
Aggie_2463
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
BREwmaster said:

Aggie_2463 said:

Aggie_2463 said:

CX - $4.35
NIO - $5.06

Pre market.... to the moon!
Well that was short lived
loads of calls on NIO at 5 and above, I think they hold it under 5 today, but it may present another buying opportunity.
Yep, sold right below $5. Looking for another entry
leoj
AG
Our old friend SQ could be looking to finally work on filling that gap up to 80

I feel like CVET is purposely effing with us. Either that or it's failed and won't break out over that $15.30 level.
oldarmy1
AG
2nd case of the virus reported.
https://www.cnbc.com/2020/01/24/cdc-confirms-second-us-case-of-coronavirus-chicago-resident-diagnosed.html
UpstateAg
AG
TD app is messing up.
oldarmy1
AG
Did everyone go net free on BYND calls?
AgShaun00
AG
oldarmy1 said:

nope. Was waiting trying to and didn't
TheBiggerEvent
AG
sameeeeee
Talon2DSO
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Was in a meeting and missed it
UpstateAg
AG
TD app keeps crashing. Login on browser "experiencing technical issues"
mrad85
AG
SDC just took a big dump from this morning
khaos288
AG
mrad85 said:

Everything I'm carrying is dumping hard. If I finished here it would be the worst day of the year so far easily.
oldarmy1
AG
mrad85 said:

We need to get verbiage alignment here. It's at $13.62 after another test of $14, with the S&P dropping 25 points most stocks have retreated and failed on chart breakouts. JD dropped from $40.95 to $39.99, nearly $2. Now that would qualify as a big dump. Markets trying to stabilize now.
mrad85
AG
oldarmy1 said:

mrad85 said:

We need to get verbiage alignment here. It's at $13.62 after another test of $14, with the S&P dropping 25 points most stocks have retreated and failed on chart breakouts. JD dropped from $40.95 to $39.99, nearly $2. Now that would qualify as a big dump. Markets trying to stabilize now.
Noted. I'll do better!
oldarmy1
AG
I'd have SPY Puts for Monday for sure. Any more of this virus spread over the weekend and I can guarantee a red Monday
fightintxag13
AG
oldarmy1 said:

I'd have SPY Puts for Monday for sure. Any more of this virus spread over the weekend and I can guarantee a red Monday
I jumped in on the 1/27 $330 puts for .60
oldarmy1
AG
The indecision in the markets right now are palpable. Seen it too many times to ignore. We have two macro tables set. 1) It is not unrealistic to see the Impeachment case be tossed out after the Dems opening arguments are concluded. Markets were set to explode on that probability. 2) The virus showing up in the U.S. has set the early selling action. Any meaningful news of spreading over the weekend and it's uncertain how the markets would handle the two scenarios.

I mentioned the markets were trying to stabilize on the post above. That would be an intraday pivot if it holds to push above 3222. See JD dropped to $39.87 and now $40.15 as Exhibit A confirming what I was seeing. That could only be a quick day trade and "h" continuation comes in.
wessimo
AG
Whether or not the virus spreads outside of China it seems likely that it will have a huge short term impact on the already slow Chinese economy. Interesting that the market is shaking this off so far.
E
AG
AMD, NIO, COF, AMRN, SDC, SNSS all red this morning

Brewmaster
AG
mrad85 said:

No that was me this morning!
Aggie_2463
AG
oldarmy1 said:

The indecision in the markets right now are palpable. Seen it too many times to ignore. We have two macro tables set. 1) It is not unrealistic to see the Impeachment case be tossed out after the Dems opening arguments are concluded. Markets were set to explode on that probability. 2) The virus showing up in the U.S. has set the early selling action. Any meaningful news of spreading over the weekend and it's uncertain how the markets would handle the two scenarios.

I mentioned the markets were trying to stabilize on the post above. That would be an intraday pivot if it holds to push above 3222. See JD dropped to $39.87 and now $40.15 as Exhibit A confirming what I was seeing. That could only be a quick day trade and "h" continuation comes in.
So you're saying I'd wait until monday before re-entry on NIO or SDC for some shares?
Brewmaster
AG
khaos288 said:

mrad85 said:

Everything I'm carrying is dumping hard. If I finished here it would be the worst day of the year so far easily.
yeah that sums up my last couple days...

Charismatic Megafauna
AG
I keep trying to convince myself that I'm not a degenerate gambler but it turns out I am

Just bought Feb LEVI $23 calls for earnings. I think the USMCA is gonna result in good numbers and guidance
khaos288
AG
BREwmaster said:

khaos288 said:

mrad85 said:

yeah that sums up my last couple days...

I was *THIS* close to a personal goal too. A decent gain day today, and I'd hit it.
leoj
AG
All I want for Christmas is AMZN over 1900 and GOOGL over 1500, is that really too much to ask?
cgh1999
AG
leoj said:

All I want for Christmas is AMZN over 1900 and GOOGL over 1500, is that really too much to ask?

Can we have that BEFORE Christmas?!? As in this week?!?
leoj
AG
This week? I wish. Next week or two if earnings are great? Hopefully.

SPX keeps getting hit with these virus headlines
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
ALGN earnings next week, will a bust be good for SDC?
HoustonAg2014
AG
leoj said:

Any thoughts on the price movement in each direction depending on earnings? Seems like a huge earnings for AMZN. Seems like we could see 2100 with good or 1700 with bad. I see the big support is 1793 but it seems like with bad earnings that could easily get taken out...
Trolley Problems
fightintxag13 said:

oldarmy1 said:

I jumped in on the 1/27 $330 puts for .60

I looked at them when they were at 0.45 and didn't pull the trigger.

0.85 now.
IrishTxAggie
AG
Was setting up for a good day and then virus just pulled the rug right out from under us. Was up really nice for the first 30 mins and was driving. By the time I was done driving, I was red...now I'm very red on the day.
khaos288
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

Was setting up for a good day and then virus just pulled the rug right out from under us. Was up really nice for the first 30 mins and was driving. By the time I was done driving, I was red...now I'm very red on the day.
I was green 2% now red 5% . Took all of 5 minutes to just die on a vine. Then the only play I didn't run was a BA put that paid
leoj
AG
Those numbers seem pretty far away unless they just have a ridiculous beat or miss. 50-100 point day sure. It gapped down like 85 points last quarter on the miss and then rallied about 65 points during the day.

Just depends on the details, I have learned to just not even try to guess on a huge company like AMZN, so much going on, places their cash could be going, expenses, market share gain, surprise customer volume upside. Who knows.
tlepoC
AG
Grr, got in at SPY put 130s @.30 this morning but reduced my purchase significantly from what I initially entered. =
khkman22
AG
Any confirmation on BYND earnings? Tastytrade shows 1/27, but then I saw that was an algorithm estimate. Beyond doesn't have a date posted on their website. Is the supposed Monday earnings date what is driving the action on the 150 and 170 1/31 calls? How long before earnings do companies normally post the official date?
leoj
AG
DIS diving and been so weak since that run up to 153. At this point I'm guessing a gap fill to 132 is possibly in the cards, which would be a great long entry point.
First Page Last Page
Page 922 of 6404

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.