Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

21,518,855 Views | 223289 Replies | Last: 4 min ago by El_duderino
oldarmy1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Colt98 said:

So out of 100c, how many would you sell at the open.
35 on spike above $112.50. As long as markets don't tank (SWIDT) PYPL resistance top on the long reverse H&S was $111.80. Shorts won't cover unless we see volume above $113, so it's a game of chicken. Huge ROI versus flash new high, that fails back into resistance. And of course all of that can't be 100% discerned or confirmed until the day unfolds. I'm sure everyone knows it will go below and above early for certain.
oldarmy1
AG
Pignorant said:

When selling at the open do you set a limit price and hope it fills?
Yes...I place it above current expected number. Meaning....a flash to $112.50 is probable. Options would spike above normal for a blip. You want to be in that overreaction blip. Of course if continuation to $113 occurs its all going to get filled anyways, but if markets have big selling at open it could only be a flash fill scenario.

Again, this is an attempt at breakout with an upgrade assist this morning. If markets had stayed +6-8 we'd already be at $113
khaos288
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Pignorant said:

When selling at the open do you set a limit price and hope it fills?
Yes...I place it above current expected number. Meaning....a flash to $112.50 is probable. Options would spike above normal for a blip. You want to be in that overreaction blip. Of course if continuation to $113 occurs its all going to get filled anyways, but if markets have big selling at open it could only be a flash fill scenario.

Again, this is an attempt at breakout with an upgrade assist this morning. If markets had stayed +6-8 we'd already be at $113

Wow I should have priced mine up way higher. Got a sell at .55 and they immediately flashed to .75
UpstateAg
AG
Sold a handful at 1.03. Taking on the way up or a stop loss now.
oldarmy1
AG
I had my sells set at $1.35 and still have them all. We had immediate selling at open on macro markets recovering some now. If we go green on S&P $1.35's will get filled.
Colt98
AG
sold 30c at $1.
oldarmy1
AG
DDOG continuation
oldarmy1
AG
You can sell a covered call option $40 for $3.60 out 45 days, which is BEFORE earnings.
oldarmy1
AG
oldarmy1 said:

You can sell a covered call option $40 for $3.60 out 45 days, which is BEFORE earnings.
Well now you can't. That S&P flush hit DDOG hard....see if it comes back above $40
Ragoo
AG
Roku rejects 145 and stays inside falling wedge
59 South
AG
SQ holding a nice start.
oldarmy1
AG
Engulfing candle on S&P watch.....Need to hold at no more than 50% retrace on yesterdays move. Hedges in place. Go cheap SPY Puts expiring tomorrow $321's
UpstateAg
AG
Bought pypl calls again at .69 for a scalp
ProgN
If you want to play with a rattlesnake, SAVA is looking good for a day trade.
FriskyGardenGnome
AG
Are you writing additional covered calls on JD up here?
oldarmy1
AG
gotsand said:

Are you writing additional covered calls on JD up here?
Not more than I have which is 40%
oldarmy1
AG
Prognightmare said:

12/5 and 12/23

If this board wants to have additional opportunities for huge, money changing trades then you need to be scouring the charts for the goal post volume I've discussed numerous times. SAVE on 12/5 had a failed breakout on huge volume that ended up a red candle. On 12/23 it had huge volume that broke the 12/5 high ending up a green candle - creating the infamous goal post reversal entry confirmation.

Generally on the initial huge volume fail I would buy a few thousand shares to see what's up and let it sit. But if not then when the goal post was confirmed I would definitely bought in the mid to high $3's. We'd be sitting on net free shares.

So you guys spend time searching the small caps for the goal posts and I'll pledge to confirm entry/exit targets.
oldarmy1
AG
PYPL having to fight through what right now on the charts shows to be a failed breakout attempt. That leads to sellers panicking and shorts dampening. If it fights through it then an explosion move will occur - meaning S&P would have held its lows earlier and presses up some.
gougler08
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Prognightmare said:

12/5 and 12/23

If this board wants to have additional opportunities for huge, money changing trades then you need to be scouring the charts for the goal post volume I've discussed numerous times. SAVE on 12/5 had a failed breakout on huge volume that ended up a red candle. On 12/23 it had huge volume that broke the 12/5 high ending up a green candle - creating the infamous goal post reversal entry confirmation.

Generally on the initial huge volume fail I would buy a few thousand shares to see what's up and let it sit. But if not then when the goal post was confirmed I would definitely bought in the mid to high $3's. We'd be sitting on net free shares.

So you guys spend time searching the small caps for the goal posts and I'll pledge to confirm entry/exit targets.
Just so I understand...goal posts occur with high volume red candle to start and then high volume green candle to finish, which should signal reversal coming soon?
oldarmy1
AG
It doesn't always have to be red, just a failed breakout OR even a breakdown failure to lows. Say it was at $2 and had huge volume taking it to $1. It goes on watch, simply due to volume candle being multiple times what previous daily volume had been. I'd take a look at all of the backdrop analysis and analytics at that point and let the board know if taking any position.

But if you come across the goal post chart same day as it forms that should be posted with large cap high alert inquiry. Hear is SAVA with some education info added. Right now I wouldn't touch it with a ten foot poll because it had a huge volume blow off top. Model T is now in effect on it.

59 South
AG
Volume spike on JD right at previous high 38.54.
oldarmy1
AG
59 South said:

Volume spike on JD right at previous high 38.54.
Yup...you'd expect resistance fight
ProgN
fightintxag13
AG
Volume spike on ONTX
YNWA_AG
AG
Not that big of a bet
IrishTxAggie
AG
I already had the $4s on that.
oldarmy1
AG
The PYPL trade isn't over IMO. Just shorts taking advantage of the early markets for some momentum. Giving it another 2 days
IrishTxAggie
AG
YNWA_AG said:

Not that big of a bet
It is when you take everything into account. That's a ~35% run up in 10 days. People just don't throw away $10K
khkman22
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

What price did you get them at?
oldarmy1
AG
And literally 45 seconds after this we get an explosion move upward
oldarmy1
AG
Is it irony or random chance that SNSS had a potential left goal post candle on 12/5, same date as SAVA?

Wouldn't you love to see the confirming goal post shooting us to complete a cup formation around 73-75 cents?

Hint- the answer is yes!
IrishTxAggie
AG
khkman22 said:

IrishTxAggie said:

What price did you get them at?
I've got a avg. of .27. I owned some from earlier and averaged down. I had essentially written them off until that popped
oldarmy1
AG
DDOG monster!
Brewmaster
AG
oldarmy1 said:

DDOG monster!
sadly I missed last chance at entry this morning...

EXAS - just added this one. Inverse H&S pattern, sets up nicely to retest ATH's...trading around 102 as I type this, ATH's at 123.

great info on the goal posts...are those typically daily volume you're looking for? big outliers if you will.
oldarmy1
AG
BREwmaster said:

oldarmy1 said:

DDOG monster!
sadly I missed last chance at entry this morning...

EXAS - just added this one. Inverse H&S pattern, sets up nicely to retest ATH's...trading around 102 as I type this, ATH's at 123.

great info on the goal posts...are those typically daily volume you're looking for? big outliers if you will.
Yes on outliers.
First Page Last Page
Page 886 of 6380

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.