Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

21,522,881 Views | 223304 Replies | Last: 7 hrs ago by ProgN
tailgatetimer10
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Up 9%, 10% higher than it's morning open. Holy crap.

I'm taking profits
oldarmy1
AG
tailgatetimer10 said:

Up 9%, 10% higher than it's morning open. Holy crap.

I'm taking profits
Aren't markets stupid? Just say thank you for the easy money to the panickers.
tailgatetimer10
AG
I can't find any info on the pop, it ended up settling around 6%.. all that's out there is buy out rumors, however I'm not for sure that would be enough to push it considering no big media outlets carried it..

I sure wish I would've went with your Twitter projection for the day as it produced better than Intel.. but I'll take what I can get.

As usual thank you for pointing these guys out!
oldarmy1
AG
INTC is about to pop. Pull up a day minute chart. Draw your Darvis Box technical and see where it is currently pressing.
AggiePeeps06
AG
March 16 options still the trade?
oldarmy1
AG
Yessir

I would like to have seen the DOW make it all the way to green. We closed below yesterdays close with a lower low today. Those always make me cringe because it can be a suck you in to crush you day. Candle charts show a green candle because we finished higher than where we opened today. But that ignores the trend that we finished lower than yesterday.

Therefore I am still trading extremely thin on all trades. I took TWTR Calls off the table on the buying into the close giving premium an extra 8% jolt. That turned out to be 240% ROI. Tomorrow if the markets go green early INTC will almost certainly be moving strong to the upside.

The only two trades I made today was to sell TWTR Calls and buy AVEO. I blame AVEO that buy on IrishAg. ">
IrishTxAggie
AG
You'll thank me later.
oldarmy1
AG
INTC up .58 cents to $51.90. $52 March 16 call options nearly in the money. .38 entry and closed yesterday at .55 means they open above 75 cents.

Since the early move would complete the breakout I'll hold onto the options past the open and see what kind of move the macro markets might offer.

STRATEGY: For those who followed the buy. I don't know your financial situation but if newer to trading or thinner on capital do what I used to do. Sell half of them at the open and get your investment back.

Capital preservation is King in trading and managing winners is God.
tailgatetimer10
AG
When are Aveo catalyst to watch for, what dates?
oldarmy1
AG
GE's chart yesterday shows a great exams of a "V" day. I posted that as a stock I'm watching when it was $17. At that time I called it an example of a "falling knife" stock and to avoid it.

Fundamentals have stabilized and technical major support is showing up. Forever investors would make first buys here and then average in every $2 lower.

If major support holds and it breaks the resistance above $15.50 then I buy calls out 2 weeks around a dollar higher on stocks under $20. Those calls become part of my goal to work into a net free holding.

https://www.cnbc.com/quotes/?symbol=Ge

oldarmy1
AG
INTC calls at $0.91 x $0.93 on the breakout move.
tailgatetimer10
AG
Apparently there's supposed to be a final decision on Trump's steel tariffs today, anyone have input on how to play this move? The market will react no matter what, I'm thinking of selling off some positions to cover any potential downside risk.
leoj
AG
Rip KR
IrishTxAggie
AG
The big one is Phase 3 readouts in Q2. No date that I'm aware of yet. Q4 earnings report 3/16, but they're notorious for pushing their reports.
oldarmy1
AG
tailgatetimer10 said:

Apparently there's supposed to be a final decision on Trump's steel tariffs today, anyone have input on how to play this move? The market will react no matter what, I'm thinking of selling off some positions to cover any potential downside risk.
No clue how markets will react. Could explode or could lose all gains from bounces. Depending on how up your trades are you could go covered calls back down at entry price. So a stock purchased at $111.52 like I have on JPM I could sell the March 16th $110 at $3.80 guaranteeing exit at $114.80 if called out or getting me $3.80/share saved on my purchase if markets spoil.
tailgatetimer10
AG
I sold off any leveraged positions I had.

I don't have options trading yet, but will venture there sometime this year
oldarmy1
AG
Markets just not letting the dogs run. INTC hits a 52 week high and yet sinks back down. Those options that were at 93 cents are now at $.35 x $.38
oldarmy1
AG
Great jobs report sending Futures up triple digits on the DOW - double digits on the S&P. Should that hold we open just above the mid-channel sideways mark. That becomes bullish for traders if it holds for initial hour of trading (sellers into the gap up), and then markets will look to the short term resistance at 25800 level/2780 S&P before seeing how far back towards the upper channel it can go.

0708aggie
AG
What's your options plays for today? Any thoughts on PSX or COP (non options)?
oldarmy1
AG
0708aggie said:

What's your options plays for today? Any thoughts on PSX or COP (non options)?
I usually wait until the 1st hour of trading is logged before scanning options trades.

PSX broke out yesterday and yes I would see that as a winning stock to hold. COP above $54.50 would be a good signal for longs.
oldarmy1
AG
INTC options be a rockin
oldarmy1
AG
Your COP broke resistance and lit a candle
0708aggie
AG
Holding COP, PSX, SN and MU long term. SN is really pissing me off and am sitting on a large loss right now.
oldarmy1
AG
0708aggie said:

Holding COP, PSX, SN and MU long term. SN is really pissing me off and am sitting on a large loss right now.

Where did you accumulate SN? What is avg holding price?
Cancelled
AG
Bought Wynn right after the big drop. I'm pleased so far
oldarmy1
AG
Sold INTC at $.76-$.78 fills
oldarmy1
AG
Markets hit some resistance...volume spikes across many stocks at DOW +270 area.
0708aggie
AG
I'd prefer not to say on that one. Higher than where it is now. Didn't pay attention to my account for a bit due to some life events and now am paying the price.
oldarmy1
AG
0708aggie said:

I'd prefer not to say on that one. Higher than where it is now. Didn't pay attention to my account for a bit due to some life events and now am paying the price.
I hear you. That said I started accumulating under $3, along with the other 2 listed. I did sell SWN as posted on that crazy 70% pop but bought back last 2 days to rebalance holdings.

Each of those I project to double into this time next year so there is initial watermark to check your status.
oldarmy1
AG
INTC Calls sold because
#1 they are options trades that more than doubled.
#2 It's Friday and premium decay over the weekend offsets potential further gain risk with expiration next Friday
#3 Exit point was identified based on planning that the share price would at least return to previous day resistance approaching $72.
#4) The minute chart had the double volume spike on popping at highs and mirroring it back to base of that minute candle - typical day trade short term reversal.

Note it dropped back fairly quickly from that signal, which is when I posted I had taken the profits.

It's now retreated to $58.88 area and might resume the breakout (likely will) but this is a trade not a gamble. I had high confidence in the trade exit point and follow that strict discipline, regardless of other potential.

If those options happen to sneak back to $.55 area I'd re-enter a smaller position based on broader market conditions and signal of volume technicals.

oldarmy1
AG
p.s. When I post that the broader stocks had those same INTC type spike it also meant I exited every option trade. I hold shares but options decay is another matter. I only posted INTC because its the example live trade I had listed.

oldarmy1
AG
The type of charts I'm viewing show clear resistance right here. But if it breaks through this would turn into one of those 350+ days. Every 10 minutes the markets handle the selling increases the percentages that the markets won't behave as they did last 3 times it reached here and sell off, losing the days gains.

I'd give it a 70% probability of further breakout as it stands with a 5% increase each 10 minutes we hang within a 5 basis point range of highs.
oldarmy1
AG
Annnnd Breakout
oldarmy1
AG
DOW +355. Will post an end of day chart with comments.
tailgatetimer10
AG
Good green day. Made 8.25% so far this week.
First Page Last Page
Page 88 of 6381

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.