Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,090,296 Views | 224479 Replies | Last: 5 hrs ago by sts7049
oldarmy1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Josepi said:

oldarmy1 said:

CHK coming off of its post earnings bounce and pull back. Thank you markets for brining it to me last week!
Where to you see CHK going in the next few weeks?
I bought CHK, SN, SWN for long term down here. I see 1-2 doubling by this time next year, so if one fails I've more than offset it. That said - next few weeks CHK ranging upwards (up and downs) to challenge $4.
tailgatetimer10
AG
I got a hold of this one in the premarket. Feels good.

Now need to decide if I should take my money as run or hold on.

I was planning on buying for long term regardless
oldarmy1
AG
Decent looking chart setting a reversal up to the resistance red line drawn. Any mover stocks lagging the days move would be good trade options. Based on probabiltiies we have upwards short term bounce of 800 points higher from DOW +278.

oldarmy1
AG
Up another 100 from that 278 "all clear" marker. Resistance is off the table for now. See how it works for trading? DOW pushing as I type +395
oldarmy1
AG
Futures triple digits green on DOW. No timing the markets going on; just timed entry with disciplined strategies. ">

Every single option bought was up a minimum 8% with a high of 93%. Now it's moving day and those premiums really sing. I'll be taking profits on the majority unless they were breaking trend resistance into the close yesterday. Most were simply coming off channel lows giving a good deal of upward room.

Rice and Fries
oldarmy1 said:

Futures triple digits green on DOW. No timing the markets going on; just timed entry with disciplined strategies. ">

Every single option bought was up a minimum 8% with a high of 93%. Now it's moving day and those premiums really sing. I'll be taking profits on the majority unless they were breaking trend resistance into the close yesterday. Most were simply coming off channel lows giving a good deal of upward room.

I had bad dreams about CSCO last night. Several servers caught fire and caused an internet meltdown.
oldarmy1
AG
Ha!

EDITED for RESISTANCE MARK $50.95

INTC on resistance break out alert. A good option trade if breaks above $50.90. I'd go Friday $51's around 25 cents for a short-term trade double opportunity. If it doesn't break out in first hour get out.

Here is chart for Intel. Note that it had broken out of the technical "Darvis Box" just as the market selloffs hit - thus killing its move. Then note the "V" bottom and quick move back up towards the current $50 mark.

This is a stock that wants to run. DISCLAIMER: I purchased INTC at $43 on the technical bottom support.

oldarmy1
AG
That was some resistance coming in erasing all of the early gains. Day starts right now.
oldarmy1
AG
INTC on the move. Options rocking.
oldarmy1
AG
oldarmy1 said:

INTC on the move. Options rocking.
Sold for the double.
oldarmy1
AG
And thats why you go options and take those profits off the table. Now INTC is facing the same headwinds of a negative market but put that one onto your first to recover lists and make money.
AggiePeeps06
AG
Any interesting trades now that the market turned negative?
oldarmy1
AG
AggiePeeps06 said:

Any interesting trades now that the market turned negative?
Back positive. I would say INTC has room to break $52 so looking out March 16th $53 options should create a nice premium move.
oldarmy1
AG
Filibuster busted on Dodd-Franks revision. Might take some time to get it done but Financials will obviously profit.
oldarmy1
AG
The DoorDash raising tons of money along with WalMart, Grocery Stores and Amazon into the food delivery made Blue Apron's model extremely challenged. The IPO started off with a flop and it is now on death watch.

If you believe in its ability to modify and compete then accumulation would be occurring right here. Bur note the huge volume spike rebuffed on the attempt to break the Head and Shoulder. That was followed by now losing the shoulder support leading to the current pitiful $2.58 share price.

At any rate - this is a great example of a head and shoulder sell technical.

oldarmy1
AG
Markets consolidating yesterdays gains but the rebuff of today's start shows some real resistance. INTC made a move and paid a great ROI on the quick Option trade but even it has sunken back around resistance line. Instead of a breakout it might be signaling top of range for the broader market sideways channel.

The majority of trades are over from the recent support level and any substantial trading activity/opportunity is on hold. Markets are seeking a direction at this point and being as we are closer to the mid-channel than either upper or lower band points its common sense to pare activity.

Back to INTC. If it closes above $50 then that is a new high close on resistance. I'd prefer to see a stock break and run but I did take those new March 16th $52 strikes at $.38
AggiePeeps06
AG
Looks like iNTC March 16 52 calls are up to .52 cents now. I was a little late to the trade
oldarmy1
AG
AggiePeeps06 said:

Looks like iNTC March 16 52 calls are up to .52 cents now. I was a little late to the trade

How you know you're at the right premium strike? Low of 30 cents today and high of 75 cents.

I would not chase it here even though I'm looking for the "pop".
AggiePeeps06
AG
I show the bid ask spread at 46-48 right now, so it came down a bit
oldarmy1
AG
AggiePeeps06 said:

Yup....NFLX chart did what we want INTC to do. I did the same approach there with options and it paid off. Broke its resistance and then got caught in the selloff. But notice that resistance tops became support bottoms on that last leg before quickly recovering and then has been off to the races. INTC wants to do the same technically. Not giving up on it.

oldarmy1
AG
BZUN broke out of 3 month range with a bang today. They and JD are my two China e-commerce picks for the year.
IrishTxAggie
AG
What about YY?
oldarmy1
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

What about YY?
I looked at it and it was a finalist. At the end of the day I think JD has the most appeal for an AMZN acquisition and BZUN has infrastructure to make it stand alone. I think YY would need some of both.
IrishTxAggie
AG
oldarmy1 said:

IrishTxAggie said:

What about YY?
I looked at it and it was a finalist. At the end of the day I think JD has the most appeal for an AMZN acquisition and BZUN has infrastructure to make it stand alone. I think YY would need some of both.

Gotcha.
leoj
AG
Cohn just resigned, tomorrow is going to be a bad day. Lots of stocks already selling off after hours.
IrishTxAggie
AG
Aren't you concerned that the Chinese would block such an acquisition? I just can't see the Chinese allowing Amazon to move in like that.
tailgatetimer10
AG
leoj said:

Cohn just resigned, tomorrow is going to be a bad day. Lots of stocks already selling off after hours.

Good buying opportunity
oldarmy1
AG
Well that exit and trade thin banter certainly paid off.

DOW Futures off 300+
Bonfire1996
AG
Sorry, on phone.

XOM sees profits doubling in seven years at current oil prices. Not a bad bargain trading at 16x earnings
tailgatetimer10
AG
Markets recovering a bit over night. Wish that news would've broke during the day to make some quick profits
tailgatetimer10
AG
oldarmy1 said:

AggiePeeps06 said:

Yup....NFLX chart did what we want INTC to do. I did the same approach there with options and it paid off. Broke its resistance and then got caught in the selloff. But notice that resistance tops became support bottoms on that last leg before quickly recovering and then has been off to the races. INTC wants to do the same technically. Not giving up on it.

If the market recovers today, would this push intc into this technical?
oldarmy1
AG
tailgatetimer10 said:

oldarmy1 said:

AggiePeeps06 said:

If the market recovers today, would this push intc into this technical?
I'd give it a 90% plus.....yes
oldarmy1
AG
TWTR pattern also looks to want to break out of a 2 month consolidation. All likely requiring markets stabilizing. If we sink down to futures 300+ all of these will fail.
Rice and Fries
Les Appelt 1999 said:

Sorry, on phone.

XOM sees profits doubling in seven years at current oil prices. Not a bad bargain trading at 16x earnings
XOM options are looking pretty darn tasty right about now. I am a fan of the September $77.50 Call options.
tailgatetimer10
AG
I played AMD as well as Intel, AMD broke free for 4.5% gain from its premarket low
First Page Last Page
Page 87 of 6414

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.