Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,029,613 Views | 224265 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by ProgN
tailgatetimer10
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Love how jd takes a run at the end of the day before a holiday
oldarmy1
AG
Yup. Happy Thanksgiving to all!

Every other day I buy SPY Puts. Today's were Dec 2nd Puts. Every single one of them has been a losing trade but it amounts to less than 1% of the daily gains, so hedge with hopes it dies while your trades rock on.

And when it does top out the initial drop is going to be fast which will make up a lot of the losers.
ProgN
Let me know when you do please.
ProgN
Are you reminded of "irrational exuberance" right about now? I am.
aggiedaniel06
AG
I have been going long volatility via TVIX over the last month and boy has it been brutal.

On a side note, I would have rather bought calls on the VIX but holy hell, the premiums are nuts.
AgShaun00
AG
BABA on a good run also
oldarmy1
AG
Prognightmare said:

Are you reminded of "irrational exuberance" right about now? I am.
It's insane. We have a beautiful gap at 2148 back to Oct 10th. I think that easily gets filled should we see the start of a correction soon. Remember I had posted this run could push to 3250. I was thinking on a longer trend. Now that it's happened so quickly it still could press on to those levels, but I think the speed burns us out prior to reaching that mark now.
ProgN
Agreed, the divergence between the averages and their 50 & 200 day averages is a huge warning sign as well. With the greed factor so high, I suspect a lot of people are buying on margin, think dotcom bubble, and when the spark happens the selling could get extremely ugly.
IrishTxAggie
AG
Friday should be fun.
khaos288
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

Friday should be fun.

Time for puts/correction for Christmas!
aggiedaniel06
AG
That's good news for my TVIX. However, I'm not going to get excited as nothing seems to rattle this market.
ProgN
It won't have any bearing on the markets, imo.
ProgN
https://www.cnbc.com/2019/11/27/icbc-us-china-deal-is-imminent-due-to-beijings-upcoming-policy-meeting.html
Quote:

China's annual Economic Work Conference is likely to convene within the next two weeks, meaning a trade deal with the U.S. is "imminent," according to ICBC Standard Bank Chief China Economist Jinny Yan.

The world's two largest economies are working toward a "phase one" trade deal, with U.S. President Donald Trump saying Tuesday that negotiators were in the "final throes" of talks.

The next tariff deadline falls on December 15, after which point additional U.S. levies on Chinese exports will go into effect. This would apply a 15% rate to a further $160 billion worth of Chinese goods, and the U.S. has indicated that without a deal before the deadline, the tariffs will go ahead.

"The key priority for (Chinese President) Xi Jinping and policymakers across China is stability, so anything that overthrows stability is going to be essentially a concern," Yan told CNBC's "Squawk Box Europe" Wednesday.

"That includes Hong Kong, the U.S.-China situation, and that is why a phase one deal is absolutely crucial."

The Economic Work Conference is a closed meeting of policymakers typically held over two or three days in the second or third week of December, and sets the national agenda for China's economy and its finance and banking sectors for the following year.
oldarmy1
AG
Please remember Kim!

https://www.gofundme.com/f/bq485-let039s-support-the-palk-family?utm_source=customer&utm_medium=copy_link&utm_campaign=p_cp+share-sheet
ProgN
Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours and to everyone else on this thread.

I enjoy thread thread A LOT and love the sharing of ideas, successes and the support for others in some misses. I see people learning daily, myself included and for that I'm grateful.

BTHO LSU and go Tceh.
gougler08
AG
Prognightmare said:

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours and to everyone else on this thread.

I enjoy thread thread A LOT and love the sharing of ideas, successes and the support for others in some misses. I see people learning daily, myself included and for that I'm grateful.

BTHO LSU and go Tceh.

+1, happy thanksgiving all!
leoj
AG
Happy thanksgiving everyone!

This seems like the best response we could hope for.

E
AG
Happy thanksgiving all!

Do they have any updates on Kim? I sent a small donation
JobSecurity
AG
For anybody doing the hidden pivots service - how is it so far?
spud1910
AG
Happy Thanksgiving everyone! One of the things I am thankful for is the knowledge shared here. Thank you all.
ProgN
Brewmaster just joined and said he'll share some tips with the board.
oldarmy1
AG
ONTX up another 25%. Taking 30% off here at $0.1990 for 71% gain and hanging onto the rest.
oldarmy1
AG
JD back to $32.84 after flashing a signal Wednesday. Unless markets have a larger pullback, and maybe even if they do, watch JD to push back above $33 and kick off a run.

BABA up $1.25 as China deal gaining some steam.
tailgatetimer10
AG
Thanks for the recommendation on this. Wishing I would've threw more money at it but I was scared
Maximus_Meridius
AG
AUPH with the breakout. Might get to 7.80ish before the next major resistance, I think.
IrishTxAggie
AG
DIS trying to make a move this morning
La Bamba
AG
PTON at 34. Getting cautious with it.
La Bamba
AG
Currently others I'm looking at: Nio for 2.70-.75 gap fill and CLDR for 10.5 gap fill
IrishTxAggie
AG
CLVS is getting some action. This is a BIO that got beaten down to the low 3s less than a month ago and is back to $14 now.

$42k on the 12/20 $20c
$49k on the 12/20 $14c
UpstateAg
AG
I'm rinsing and repeating on Etsy. Bought 12/20 45C at .5 and sold at 1.5. Waiting for some lows, then doing it one more time.
IrishTxAggie
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

CLVS is getting some action. This is a BIO that got beaten down to the low 3s less than a month ago and is back to $14 now.

$42k on the 12/20 $20c
$49k on the 12/20 $14c
This took off about 5 minutes after I posted this
UpstateAg
AG
Which service are you using? Cheddar flow?
IrishTxAggie
AG
UpstateAg said:

Which service are you using? Cheddar flow?
Yes. I follow Manic and have a friend that uses another service and we text throughout the day.
oldarmy1
AG
JD pivot point intraday analytics jumped up to 75% likely here at $32.56. December 6th $32 calls at $0.91 for covered call to make otherwise idle cash a decent strategy. If you buy shares here at $32.56 then wait to see if it hits $32.50 and THEN sell the covered calls for around $0.85. If volume comes in and it rebounds then you're home free.

Optional entry would be buy the $32.50 weekly calls for 13 cents. $130 for 1000 shares and if we break down then you lose $130 but if it pivots upward to close close to $33 you call the shares out.
oldarmy1
AG
oldarmy1 said:

JD pivot point intraday analytics jumped up to 75% likely here at $32.56. December 6th $32 calls at $0.91 for covered call to make otherwise idle cash a decent strategy. If you buy shares here at $32.56 then wait to see if it hits $32.50 and THEN sell the covered calls for around $0.85. If volume comes in and it rebounds then you're home free.

Optional entry would be buy the $32.50 weekly calls for 13 cents. $130 for 1000 shares and if we break down then you lose $130 but if it pivots upward to close close to $33 you call the shares out.
How was that?
First Page Last Page
Page 830 of 6408

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.