Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,064,687 Views | 224407 Replies | Last: 4 min ago by spud1910
ProgN
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Irish was right, he's just pointing out his successes. However, I believe the market is expecting something positive regarding China. If it doesn't get it, I could see a slight pullback. I too bought some SPY puts as insurance.
BenRev09
AG
My angle was more about everything pulling in the right direction and a positive (or rather not negative) Trump speech to boot seemed too good to be true. Not that I'm jaded or anything...
ProgN
BenRev09 said:

My angle was more about everything pulling in the right direction and a positive (or rather not negative) Trump speech to boot seemed too good to be true. Not that I'm jaded or anything...
Understood, mine was the markets being extremely overbought in the short term and I don't see the availability of news to be a catalyst to shoot it much higher. Earnings are done for the most part, China deal still possible but outside of that, not much out there IMO.
leoj
AG
18,000 volume on the DIS Jan $150 calls, already 20,000 open interest. Calls are up 40% today, sitting at $1.31 currently
leoj
AG
E
AG
gougler08 said:

Hey CX, do something...

SW AG80
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

Ragoo said:

IrishTxAggie said:

Dorothy McFerrin is up there after her husband Artie passed
RIP Mr. McFerrin. I got to play a round of golf with him back in 2007 or so.
Never had a chance to meet him, but I heard he was one of the nicest guys in the world and very humble. The type that you would never guess he was as loaded as he was.
You heard right. Not pretentious at all. Extremely humble. Still talked with a country twang. Great, great person.
CheladaAg
AG
What's going on with TWLO?
IrishTxAggie
AG
boyz05 said:

WhatsApp scaling back. They're TWLO's largest customer from what I can find
CheladaAg
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

boyz05 said:

WhatsApp scaling back. They're TWLO's largest customer from what I can find
Yeah, FB also taking a dump on SQ with their pay service news.
Rice and Fries
CHK has turned into a dumpster fire.....
IrishTxAggie
AG
Rice and Fries said:

I lost about $2k trying to play their swing calls over the summer. POS never cooperated. Then I decided to short them and load up with 11/15 $1p. I'm carrying a .065avg on the ones I have left and I got my pound of flesh and then some back.
Rice and Fries
IrishTxAggie said:

Rice and Fries said:

I lost about $2k trying to play their swing calls over the summer. POS never cooperated. Then I decided to short them and load up with 11/15 $1p. I'm carrying a .065avg on the ones I have left and I got my pound of flesh and then some back.
Yeah I had sold out shortly after seeing them take a dump last earnings. Sad cause that is a HUGE part of OKC's economy up there. They literally have the biggest tower and a few friends work with them.
IrishTxAggie
AG
MDR is next
leoj
AG
FarmersFightAg
AG
CHK with a going concern warning in their 10Q. Sad to see it:

"If continued depressed prices persist, combined with the scheduled reductions in the leverage ratio covenant, our ability to comply with the leverage ratio covenant during the next 12 months will be adversely affected which raises substantial doubt about our ability to continue as a going concern."
IrishTxAggie
AG
FarmersFightAg said:

CHK with a going concern warning in their 10Q. Sad to see it:

"If continued depressed prices persist, combined with the scheduled reductions in the leverage ratio covenant, our ability to comply with the leverage ratio covenant during the next 12 months will be adversely affected which raises substantial doubt about our ability to continue as a going concern."
That's called a death knell
Talon2DSO
AG
Is netflix dropping Roku?
Ragoo
AG
Talon2DSO said:

don't understand the question
IrishTxAggie
AG
No. That would be a horrible move unless they had their own streaming device.
khkman22
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

No. That would be a horrible move unless even if they had their own streaming device.
FIFY
TV Casualty
AG
Ragoo said:

Talon2DSO said:

I think he is talking about Netflix ending support for some older Roku devices and TV apps.
ProgN
I'm in a meeting and I see CYBR down AH. Is there any specific news to it or is it down in sympathy with someone in their Industry? TIA
leoj
AG
I'm just seeing that they have offered $500m in senior notes, nothing else popping up
Talon2DSO
AG
TV Casualty said:

Ragoo said:

Talon2DSO said:

I think he is talking about Netflix ending support for some older Roku devices and TV apps.

That may have been it. I had a friend complaining that roku wouldnt have netflix anymore
IrishTxAggie
AG
Talon2DSO said:

TV Casualty said:

Ragoo said:

Talon2DSO said:

That may have been it. I had a friend complaining that roku wouldnt have netflix anymore

Tell your friend to replace his 1st Gen ROKU stick or box and he'll be fine.
ProgN
I signed up for Disney + tonight, I can stream it through ROKU, correct?

I have an older box but it isn't connected since the soon to be ex wife moved out.
gougler08
AG
Prognightmare said:

I signed up for Disney + tonight, I can stream it through ROKU, correct?

I have an older box but it isn't connected since the soon to be ex wife moved out.

It's worked on my TCL TVs that run with Roku, I assume it works with older models too
ProgN
Thanks
ProgN
The library you can access is incredible and a lot are in 4K too. Well worth the money.
leoj
AG
Mandalorian was awesome
Brewmaster
AG

TLDR version... has room to run to 151, to fill current gap. Don't expect that this week though. I bet Thursday and Friday it gets dragged down for options. Max pain is around 130.
Brewmaster
AG
leoj said:

Mandalorian was awesome
The Mandalorian is the tipping point for me! not to mention the whole library of movies.
gougler08
AG
BREwmaster said:

leoj said:

Mandalorian was awesome
The Mandalorian is the tipping point for me! not to mention the whole library of movies.

Star Wars trilogy movies are all in 4K too...it was a no brainer for me with 2 young kids and a wife that loves Disney, but that and the marvel series will be good for me too
ProgN
Hey Irish,

CNBC is doing a segment on surging pork prices due to China. They also just discussed what the McRib is made from. Let's just say it's pretty gross.
First Page Last Page
Page 805 of 6412

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.