Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

21,954,007 Views | 223941 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by ravingfans
Ragoo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Talon2DSO said:

Ragoo said:

Buy roku instead

Why is everyone so high on roku?
roku is the premier o/s for all streaming. They are becoming the eponym of streaming. They are also neutral. Apple TV and amazon firestick are for brand loyalists.
tailgatetimer10
AG
I wouldn't have bought it if it weren't for this thread. When I thought of Roku I thought of a stick that would be killed by Amazon.

I looked at it closer and it's much much more
ProgN
Talon2DSO said:

Ragoo said:

Buy roku instead

Consider ROKU the arms dealer in the coming streaming wars.
leoj
AG
By the way, @hedgemind is where I got the SE idea from, I would recommend following their account as they go through all the fund's filings. Always a good idea to see what the successful hedge funds are adding/keeping/decreasing positions on.

Also, I think it's been brought up on here, but KEYS is making new highs.
leoj
AG
Holy ****

gougler08
AG
Sold my puts too early on OSTK, bottom falling out now
IrishTxAggie
AG
I'm usually bearish on this one, but it caught my attention on Cheddar. Someone did this one and I followed it with a small position. When something is this unusual, someone usually knows something. I got in at .35

KHC 12/13 34C for .29. 5000 contracts
leoj
AG
Up 27% over the past 3 months, any chance it fills back that gap from when they announced the write downs? Wrote the name off as well after that, interesting.
Talon2DSO
AG
WestTexAg12 said:

Talon2DSO said:

Ragoo said:

Buy roku instead

Aggie CEO
Solid company performing in the streaming market
Excellent platform with friendly usability

You had me at Aggie CEO
IrishTxAggie
AG
leoj said:

Up 27% over the past 3 months, any chance it fills back that gap from when they announced the write downs? Wrote the name off as well after that, interesting.
It could. Something I keep in mind about KHC is that Buffett owns a huge chunk of it
Ragoo
AG
Talon2DSO said:

WestTexAg12 said:

Talon2DSO said:

Ragoo said:

Buy roku instead

Aggie CEO
Solid company performing in the streaming market
Excellent platform with friendly usability

You had me at Aggie CEO
ROKU was born from Netflix where Wood was an employee. Wood essentially bought the IP and employees from Netflix and set up a stand alone company.
leoj
AG
TSN missed earnings but is up today

Quote:

Bank of America Merrill Lynch pulls a nugget out of Tyson's (TSN +3.2%) guidance update.

"We note that TSN's FY20 segment outlook for its Beef, Pork and Chicken segments does not include potential benefits from African Swine Fever which could provide meaningful upside to estimates," notes the firm.

BAML keeps a Buy rating and price objective of $97 on Tyson (14.6X the 2020 EPS estimate).

Previously: Tyson Foods -3% after earnings disappoint (Nov. 12)
IrishTxAggie
AG
gougler08
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

It's going to kill it once they get the bugs worked out
tailgatetimer10
AG
It's funny, people want to point and laugh at Disney plus having difficulties handling the traffic.

From an investor standpoint, it's crazy. This could mean the demand exceeded what they were predicting
IrishTxAggie
AG
tailgatetimer10 said:

It's funny, people want to point and laugh at Disney plus having difficulties handling the traffic.

From an investor standpoint, it's crazy. This could mean the demand exceeded what they were predicting
I bought more $140C for next week...
leoj
AG
I need to look at dec/Jan calls. It's going to hit new ath without a doubt.

Also, AAPL going to cool off anytime soon? Holy cow man
ProgN
Quote:

Anthony Wood (businessman)
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to navigationJump to search
Anthony Wood
Anthony Wood at Collision Conference 2016 (cropped).jpg
Born Anthony J. Wood
1965/1966 (age 5354)[1]
England
Residence Palo Alto, California, U.S.
Nationality American
Education Texas A&M University
Occupation Businessman
Known for Founder, Chairman and CEO of Roku, Inc.
Net worth US$2.3 billion[2]
Spouse(s) Susan Wood
Children 3
Website https://edtasm.com/
Anthony J. Wood (born 1965) is a British-born American billionaire businessman, the founder, chairman, and CEO of Roku, Inc.

Personal life
Wood grew up in Manchester, England, and then in Georgia and Texas, US.[1] Wood earned a bachelor's degree in electrical engineering from Texas A&M University.[3][4] Wood met his wife Susan at Texas A&M University, where she studied environmental design.[1][5] They have three children,[6] and live in Palo Alto, California.[7]
Quote:

Career

From September 1997 to August 2001, Wood was president and CEO of ReplayTV,, which he sold in 2002 to SONICblue.[3][2] Wood founded Roku in October 2002, has been the CEO since then, and chairman since February 2008.[3] As of November 2017, Wood owned 27.3% of Roku.[8]
ProgN
tailgatetimer10 said:

Quote:

Disney Streaming Service Debuts With Technical Issues Amid High Demand
Today 10:30 AM ET (Dow Jones)Print
By Erich Schwartzel

Walt Disney Co.'s big streaming debut arrived with technical glitches that the company blamed on unexpectedly high demand.

The company's new flagship service, called Disney+, launched Tuesday and immediately caused technical issues for some users, many of whom took to social media to complain about long wait times and error messages.

"The consumer demand for Disney+ has exceeded our high expectations," a Disney spokeswoman said. "We are pleased by this incredible response and are working to quickly resolve the current user issue. We appreciate your patience."

An attempt to watch the Star Wars spinoff "The Mandalorian" on Tuesday was met with a loading page that lasted for more than 40 minutes and still never resulted in the show starting. Other users said online that their attempts to watch a movie or TV show were met with error messages that said, "There seems to be an issue connecting to the Disney+ service." The error messages appeared with animated Disney characters like Pluto.

DownDetector.com, a web service that monitors technical issues on websites, at one point had more than 8,000 reports of issues on Disney+ on Tuesday morning. The majority of the issues reported had to do with video-streaming capabilities, with a smaller number reporting problems with logging into the service.

Disney has been under intense pressure to get this launch right. The company acquired BamTech, a streaming-technology company, to build the technical infrastructure of the app.

Disney+ has been marketed to users for months, and many of those trying to watch today bought three-year subscriptions to the service at a significant discount. Users signing up today can either pay $6.99 a month or an annual rate of $69.99 after a seven-day trial.
leoj
AG
He has to be the richest Ag at this point right? Are there any bma's in O&G that would be above that?
IrishTxAggie
AG
Dorothy McFerrin is up there after her husband Artie passed
ProgN
leoj said:

He has to be the richest Ag at this point right? Are there any bma's in O&G that would be above that?
Fun trivia for you, how did Wood come up with the name ROKU?
Ragoo
AG
Prognightmare said:

leoj said:

Fun trivia for you, how did Wood come up with the name ROKU?
9 in Japanese, 9th company he has started
Ragoo
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

RIP Mr. McFerrin. I got to play a round of golf with him back in 2007 or so.
ProgN
Close

Wood and his wife were at dinner, sushi, and he was telling her his next business idea. He didn't have a name yet, so they asked the waiter what "6" was in Japanese, hence ROKU was born.

Now you're ready for Jeopardy.
permabull
AG
IrishTxAggie
AG
Ragoo said:

IrishTxAggie said:

RIP Mr. McFerrin. I got to play a round of golf with him back in 2007 or so.
Never had a chance to meet him, but I heard he was one of the nicest guys in the world and very humble. The type that you would never guess he was as loaded as he was.
IrishTxAggie
AG
hypeiv said:

tailgatetimer10 said:

I agree.. do the ones pointing and laughing think people will cancel the service and never give it a second chance because a little lag on day one?
I doubled down after I signed up and got the ESPN+ and HULU package with it. Been having 30 for 30s going on in the background all morning while I'm "working".
Ragoo
AG
Prognightmare said:

Close

Wood and his wife were at dinner, sushi, and he was telling her his next business idea. He didn't have a name yet, so they asked the waiter what "6" was in Japanese, hence ROKU was born.

Now you're ready for Jeopardy.
6 9 mas o menos
ProgN
YNWA_AG
AG
Are you lowing your entry price? Options have dropped to .62 per.
ProgN
Trump is about to speak.
IrishTxAggie
AG
Prognightmare said:

Trump is about to speak.
I'm betting it's going to be fairly mild today. Nothing earth shattering. Just tooting his horn.
BenRev09
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

Prognightmare said:

Trump is about to speak.
I'm betting it's going to be fairly mild today. Nothing earth shattering. Just tooting his horn.
Bought some cheap Friday SPY puts to hedge, seems like a good opportunity to pull the rug out from everyone
IrishTxAggie
AG
I was watching Fox Business earlier and it was announced he wouldn't be commenting on China or the EU auto tariffs.

He's behaving so far besides throwing the fed under the bus.
First Page Last Page
Page 804 of 6399

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.