Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,027,797 Views | 224255 Replies | Last: 5 min ago by ProgN
MavsAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Can anyone explain what's going on the UNG right now? It jumped 285% last night and when I tried to sell I was unable to. I know the cold is helping, but HH is still around $2.80.
BombayAg
I've made a ton of money in 2017 and these last 4 days of 2018 are even better.

But I know this won't last forever. What is going on? Is this sustainable or will it crash?

The big banks are trying their best to crash the market through weird articles on Yahoo Finance and other places predicting that a big crash is coming.
rws92
AG
Pignorant said:

What is going on with CIE?
Took a shiiiit and died.
sblade
AG
Going through a reverse split.
rws92
AG
rws92 said:

Pignorant said:

What is going on with CIE?
Took a shiiiit and died.
as in actual ch 11. hope you didn't take that recommendation.
AggieMainland
FYI. SN is finally above the 200 MA. With oil above $60, I'd expect this one to keep moving up in 2018.

edit: No real support until $7.50....after that $8.50.
Dr. Faustus
62strat
AG
MavsAg said:

Can anyone explain what's going on the UNG right now? It jumped 285% last night and when I tried to sell I was unable to. I know the cold is helping, but HH is still around $2.80.
Damn.. $10k invested 10 years ago in UNG

$188 and change hah.
wessimo
AG
Dow 26000. Another thousand points in a few trading days.

To infinity and beyond... Wheeeeeeeeeeee!!
PhatMack19
AG
Gabster43213
Too late to buy VRX?
oldarmy1
AG
Yesterday volume created the technical "goal post" back to December 15th. Last time resulted in only a 2% pullback but always worth watching.
oldarmy1
AG
For reference - here is what that technical looks like. It is fairly common sense in that a whole lot of program and institutional volume can't be hidden. Therefore the direction becomes a reference signal for what they are up to. The Dec. 15th supported a pullback launching the markets into the current wave upward. Yesterday the euphoric DOW 26k "flash" start brought in a lot of large institutional sells. Today's early bounce is within yesterdays range so until/unless that cap gets broken the technicals are suggesting a rest/pullback for the markets.

oldarmy1
AG
p.s. The reason I say it bears watching versus guarantees a pullback is due to timing. What happens with the huge managed funds in 1st quarter? Re weighting holdings for the year. Therefore they use a huge upside open to enact their rebalancing plan by selling those shares they want to cash out on. Market goes south. But then they start buying their shares for 2018 in the afternoon and the markets go from red to back to near neutral.

At any rate - it takes the next technical to give any confidence in direction.

What does everyone think of GE near its major support levels? 6.2 B charge against some health plans and Execs eyeing selling off some non-core operations. I sold out of GE in 2016 H&S neckline break at $28.30 but just added it back in the SEP account. Still have some clutter to wade through but if they manage to successfully sell-off several decent holdings it gives them the opportunity to right the ship.

Used to be a dividend holding as well but at 12 cents/share that's not attractive.
redsox34
AG
http://thereformedbroker.com/2018/01/21/a-momentum-signal-that-occurs-just-one-percent-of-the-time/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Interesting piece.
Ragoo
AG
NFLX up 10% pre-market today
62strat
AG
Ragoo said:

NFLX up 10% pre-market today
Damn.. that's a nice bump in my wife's fidelity acct.
62strat
AG
Man, YTD I'm up almost 5% across both our brokerage accts. If only that rate could continue for all of 2018, I'd gain a good $300k this year.

One can dream!
IrishTxAggie
AG
Trump is the greatest thing for the stock market since Reagan
leoj
AG
Not making a bear case, but -$2 billion in fcf for Netflix just seems crazy on paper.
oldarmy1
AG
One of my foreign favorites for 2018 is JD.com (JD). In at $40 on the initial break back upward. It broke the resistance back to August yesterday and I expect a nice trend upward. They are expanding their strategy from China to include the U.S.

oldarmy1
AG
The winner for the most obvious bottom formed award goes to RBS. It was the example I gave and challenged posters to search these kind of massive "V BOTTOM" signals out and post them for feedback and potential entry. With markets rocking and the majority of stocks rising with the market tide they are fewer and far between. I would put a watch on the GE falling knife on the list (See 2nd chart). It is still searching for major long-term support with most recent attempt at $16 being challenged.

As you can see it not only has given the double from entry, you can see the mosre recent gap once breaking through the former top all the way back to BREXIT crash. How's that BREXIT working out for ya?

GE:

leoj
AG
Anyone taking a look at WYNN after the drop? Wondering how that is going to shake out.
SlackerAg
AG
I luckily sold WYNN near its peak, a few days before it dropped.
It will revert & find support after the news cycle focuses on someone else.
WestTexAg12
AG
I bought JD.com right before the jump. Perfect timing.
"Give me an army of West Point graduates and I'll win a battle. Give me a handful of Texas Aggies, and I'll win the war.”
- General George S. Patton
oldarmy1
AG
AggieMainland said:

FYI. SN is finally above the 200 MA. With oil above $60, I'd expect this one to keep moving up in 2018.

edit: No real support until $7.50....after that $8.50.
I went back into SN early this year after selling on the huge volume top signal in February 2017. Then it went on to lose support on the big head and shoulder technical, sending it to below $4 before finding support. No V Bottom with volume on this one. It's been 6 long months of basing for SN but you can see technicals showing upward opportunity.

SN breaks above $6 major resistance and I bet you see a volume day upward.

Southside AG
AG
Are we starting to see the pullback today?
Gator2_01
AG
Thanks for stopping back by OA
Comanche_Ag
oldarmy1
AG
Gator2_01 said:

Thanks for stopping back by OA
Did I send interest rates rocking higher? Run me out of here!!!
wessimo
AG
660pt drop and 0 cares?

I agree. Meh. It was due.
cgh1999
AG
wessimo said:

660pt drop and 0 cares?

I agree. Meh. It was due.

660 sounds bad, but it was only 2% and was long overdue. Jobs # was good, tax relief is real. Rates need to go up. This is a buying opportunity.
Bobaloo
Took some off the table Monday. Hope to jump back in next week.
leoj
AG
Should drop another 3-5% so I can make some purchases honestly.
Southside AG
AG
I feel stupid for asking, but this drop was due to rising interest rates and a stronger dollar? So is the logic that less people borrow and therefore less people spend?
First Page Last Page
Page 79 of 6408

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.