Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,115,281 Views | 224619 Replies | Last: 31 min ago by oldarmy1
ProgN
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The markets really liked Powell saying the fed is about to expand their balance sheet.
Ragoo
AG
Prognightmare said:

The markets really liked Powell saying the fed is about to expand their balance sheet.
the SPY dropped over $1.5 in a matter of minutes.
leoj
AG
Pretty sure that is a reaction to US imposing sanctions on Chinese officials associated with the Uighur detention camps?
ProgN
That was caused by State department stating they will put visa restrictions for some Chinese people. Otherwise, we'd have gone positive because Powell speech was very market friendly.
Brewmaster
AG
khaos288 said:

If ostk holds 12, buy?
don't listen to me, but room to run 13 if it can hold 11.90's.
Ragoo
AG
Just glad I got out of my spy 291 calls during the run up.
ProgN
gougler08
AG
Well no hanging man, but damn the bottom fell out there
Post removed:
by user
ProgN
gougler08
AG
Futures +22 on a report that China is now open for a deal...must be nice to be able to control the markets (wonder how much CNBC and others have made off this)
ProgN

It's a partial trade deal. Trump prefers a bigger trade deal. I'll probably sell into the strength at the open and just wait and see how today plays out. JMO
ProgN
ROKU received an upgrade
Ragoo
AG
Prognightmare said:

ROKU received an upgrade
whoop
HoustonAg_2009
OA - I've been watching COOP like a hawk the last couple weeks (I've been in & out of it with success). It's bounced off resistance @ $10.20/share quite a few times. Is your entry price of $10/share still valid or has your position changed?
ProgN
Pro tip: you should pick one of his previous posts and just hit reply to it. He's a premium member so he'll receive a blue alert and more likely to see your question. OA has a lot of different ventures going on simultaneously and if he doesn't read every post then he might not ever see your question. I'm not being a dick, just trying to help.
ProgN
There was a noticeable amount of buying in SE 10/18 calls yesterday. I nibbled on the the 11/15 calls just to see if the big paper knows something and have more time protection. They're not expensive so it's worth the risk to me to see if I can ride their coattails.
TheBiggerEvent
AG
What strike price?
ProgN
I bought some of the $28 but more of the $31 expiring on 11/15,

The bigger buyers bought the $32 that expire on 10/18. If it goes to $32 by then for them, I'll do well buying the extra month.
khaos288
AG
Ostk running day 3 in a row!
ProgN
TheBiggerEvent said:

What strike price?
Quote:

Najarian Brothers See Unusual Options Activity In Marathon Petroleum, Gold And Sea Limited
7:07 pm ET October 8, 2019 (Benzinga) Print
On CNBC's "Fast Money Halftime Report," Pete Najarian spoke about unusually high options activity in Marathon Petroleum Corp (NYSE: MPC). He noticed that traders were buying the November $65 calls in the name. Around 5,000 contracts were traded in the first half of the session. Pete Najarian owns calls and shares in Marathon Petroleum.

Close to 6,000 contracts of the March $149 calls in SPDR Gold Trust (NYSE: GLD) were traded in the first half of the session on Tuesday, said Pete Najarian. Traders are also selling upside calls in the name, to make a call spread.

Jon Najarian said on the show that somebody started buying the November $32 calls in Sea Ltd (NYSE: SE). He likes the stock and he decided to follow the trade. He is going to hold the position for a month.
November calls, those are the one's I bought so I wanted you to know.
Brewmaster
AG
khaos288 said:

Ostk running day 3 in a row!
13+ by Friday

Quote:

ROKU received an upgrade
eased back in the waters on yesterday's low, whoop! Above 111/112 it has a lot of room to run.
khaos288
AG
Bought back into enph and ostk. Recession imminent
gig em 02
Please give us another one like the X puts
YNWA_AG
AG
On fed listens just now, Powell says he doesn't want to drop interest rates too low
tamc1956ag
S
If you had one stock to buy with 1500 dollars and expect growth inn the next few years..what would it be?
in other words ... I have that much to invest
khaos288
AG
Sorry for buying ostk guys!
CheladaAg
AG
Selloff in the last 10 min but dont see any news.
khaos288
AG
Lol if I bought literally ANYTHING else in my watch list, I'd be way in the green. Instead I pick the biggest loser again.
ProgN
tamc1956ag said:

If you had one stock to buy with 1500 dollars and expect growth inn the next few years..what would it be?
in other words ... I have that much to invest

I'd hold off for just a little bit. The markets are on shaky ground IMO. Keep your powder dry and keep accumulating cash for when your ready. Ask for a list of stocks to follow and research. I'll try to find some later but I'm in a meeting right now.
spud1910
AG
Looking at charts, there still appears to be room for ostk to fall?
khaos288
AG
Will hit 9 in no time
spud1910
AG
That must mean you bought some more?
khaos288
AG
spud1910 said:

That must mean you bought some more?

Khaos average down == all time lows imminent
confucius_ag
AG
NAT tanker stock up on big volume the last couple days. Daily rates are at multi year highs.
"Me not know, me not tell, me push button and run like hell."
First Page Last Page
Page 775 of 6418

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.