Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,018,346 Views | 224188 Replies | Last: 7 min ago by South Platte
oldarmy1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
3021.74 S&P.....pressing closer
oldarmy1
AG
Shorts are trying all they can to hold JD down. It blows and you will see $40 on it fairly quickly
IrishTxAggie
AG
Call me crazy, but I took a nibble on MDR 10/18 $2 calls.
oldarmy1
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

I'd pay the extra 10% premium for the 11/18
oldarmy1
AG
Test/Fail
Test/Fail
jmcfar_98
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

You're crazy. Restructuring coming their way. Good luck
oldarmy1
AG
Taking 75% of FSLR off the table.

100% taken off of smaller accounts
Brewmaster
AG
LOL, love it

but when he plays golf, great things happen. I remember COOP
khaos288
AG
Dang. Sold my JD position yesterday and kept my zs
La Bamba
AG
Too late for an OSTK entry?
khaos288
AG
Ostk in the green. Let's go baby
khaos288
AG
Not at all. 15 was better obviously, but it was 28$ a few days ago before the shorts got a hold of it
oldarmy1
AG
khaos288 said:

Dang. Sold my JD position yesterday and kept my zs

Posted before and nothing has changed. JD is my largest holding. That said, see strategy on testing $33 multiple posts.

You get a challenge to resistance, on a Thursday especially, you buy the $31.50 Puts on the super cheap insurance. I almost hope it fails back below $31 so I pocket 50 cent per share+ on those each wave until she finally breaks out.
Carlo4
AG
So my dad owns quite a bit of AT&T stock that he accumulated over his 38 years there prior to retirement and loves the 6% dividend. He's at the point of debating what he should do with it. He certainly has blinders on as he wants to keep buying T stock, but he can liquidate at any time and reinvest in other stocks.

If anyone had a good article he could read to get more information, I know he'd appreciate it. I saw this morning they are considering selling directTV, so sent that to him to read.

khaos288
AG
Thanks OA! Sold off some of my REIT and joined back in on JD and bought a few puts for insurance
mrad85
AG
PDEMDHC said:

So my dad owns quite a bit of AT&T stock that he accumulated over his 38 years there prior to retirement and loves the 6% dividend. He's at the point of debating what he should do with it. He certainly has blinders on as he wants to keep buying T stock, but he can liquidate at any time and reinvest in other stocks.

If anyone had a good article he could read to get more information, I know he'd appreciate it. I saw this morning they are considering selling directTV, so sent that to him to read.

I think there are quite a few of us "old folks" that have the old Bell stocks that rolled into AT&T.

I've considered cashing out, but never really had the desire or need. It's like a piggy bank that pays better than a regular bank.

Aggie_2463
AG
FOMO got me

Back in OSTK for first time since I rode its first wave up..$16 let's ride
La Bamba
AG
Aggie_2463 said:

FOMO got me

I'm with you. 16.02. Gahhhh, I hate myself sometimes. This stock is like a drug.
leoj
AG
I would say I would not count on T for any kind of capital gains. They will reduce leverage and always keep increasing the dividend, but management has absolutely wrecked shareholder value with the DirectTV acquisition and since they are incompetent, probably the Time Warner integration as well. It's a huge Bismarck battleship that at this point is what it is and can't be turned around. There's a reason Elliott wants them to divest assets and get leaner.
Aggie_2463
AG
La Bamba said:

Aggie_2463 said:

FOMO got me

I'm with you. 16.02. Gahhhh, I hate myself sometimes. This stock is like a drug.

If we crash and burn Atleast we can say we weren't one of the $28 guys
jm94
AG
Aggie_2463 said:

If we crash and burn Atleast we can say we weren't one of the $28 guys
deadbq03
AG
ZS
IrishTxAggie
AG
Lots of volume on NVDA $180 calls for tomorrow. Looks like they're expecting MU to push the sector.
khaos288
AG
You aren't kidding
mavsfan4ever
AG
deadbq03 said:

ZS
I tried to put a stop limit order in this morning to sell the ZS shares I bought a couple days ago. I accidentally put a buy order in, which obviously filled immediately because my limit was higher than the current price. So now I have double the shares. And it started dropping immediately.

I wish I had just sold it all right when I realized the mistake. But I set a stop limit sell for all of the shares, and it was never reached.

Guess I'll ride it out for a while to see if it can eventually get up to the $53 neighborhood.
Wiggletrace
AG
What happened with it?!?!?
gougler08
AG
Guess I'll hop in on the OSTK fun with some cash I had on the sidelines...also went net free on the X puts and the short term SFIX puts are working too
khaos288
AG
When do you sell the puts? Up 104% already
IrishTxAggie
AG
khaos288 said:

When do you sell the puts? Up 104% already
Go net free if you think there is more room. But net free is always a good rule of thumb
khaos288
AG
Done! Hard to beat free
oldarmy1
AG
PDEMDHC said:

T has the longest Darvis Box in the history of the stock exchange (That's a monthly chart since 2001. Recent trend you can see has been to bounce off Model T midline but $45 is the Holy Grail. As long as you dad is happy at 6% knowing that the stock likely will revert back down dropping $15-20 go for it. If I had T I would hope this current move showing on the monthly chart pasted trends at least up above $40. I'd get out of dodge and then see if it breaks $45, having captured the meat of the Darvis Box.

khaos288
AG
And they're doubled again
deadbq03
AG
At least the GASX pill I took on Tuesday is providing some relief for me.
leoj
AG
NFLX barely hanging on to support around $283
oldarmy1
AG
We came with half of a point from filling the gap from yesterday. Sharp bounce off of that but that upper resistance band stinks. Need 3017 to get broken for another bite at the apple
First Page Last Page
Page 749 of 6406

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.