Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,078,383 Views | 224428 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by El_duderino
SoTXAg09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Just do what I do and average down. And again. And again.
IrishTxAggie
AG
Nflx is not in a good spot...
oldarmy1
AG
SoTXAg09 said:

Just do what I do and average down. And again. And again.
When you average down do you ever sale on trend bounces? Buy $45, average down $40 and sale those at $42.50 unless you have major volume which then I'd count on $45 to sell those average down shares.

Also, I use call options a bunch. I have ALGN for example and sold a $6 premium against the shares. Those got down to $0.60 yesterday and I bought them back locking in $5.40. Then it bounced above $178 this morning and I sold covered calls again. Love doing that
SoTXAg09
AG
I do, when it works out that way. But I also bought Roku at 150, so hard to average that down too much. Dumb, I know.
Ragoo
AG
Reverse H&S on the ROKU 1 minute?
oldarmy1
AG
Ragoo said:

Reverse H&S on the ROKU 1 minute?
yes
oldarmy1
AG
JD is so fun. I bought the $31.50 Puts up near highs and sold a few thousand shares too. Exchanged those shares for a 7-8 $32.50 call. Give up 42 cents if it broke and run. But with the pullback I bought back the shares sold and have $250/1000 shares locked in with the $31.50 Puts.
oldarmy1
AG
FSLR quick move back upward.
oldarmy1
AG
TRNX has now met NASDAQ listing compliance.
E
AG
oldarmy1 said:

TRNX has now met NASDAQ listing compliance.
Dammit, I'm gonna have to buy into it again....
khaos288
AG
oldarmy1 said:

sold a few thousand shares.

Je suis les potato petits
La Bamba
AG
And OSTK fades into the close yet again.
Aggie_2463
AG
Damn FOMO gonna get me on OSTK, I was telling myself for last couple days dont do it, dont do it.. and I did it
59 South
AG
oldarmy1 said:

This is where you get your $31.50 JD puts in place again. Just as last two times when it was approaching $32....up 86 cents you are willing to give up 12-13 cents of that just in case markets don't bust loose.

S&P bumped up against the strong resistance. Either explosion or failure. Plan accordingly because explosion is happy times....failure again and I suspect a much deeper consolidation to shake out things.

Also, what I did was buy the $31.50 Puts but also bought $32.50 calls for 7-8 cents. If it explodes those will way more than offset the Puts.
I saw this and loved the trade so here's what I did:

-bought 10 options each of the weekly 32.5 call at .06 and 31.5 put at .16, total cost $220
-sold half (5) of the 31.5 puts at .51 for $255
-bought 5 of the weekly 31.5 calls at .07 for $35

Now I'm net free for tomorrow:

-5x 31.5 puts
-5x 31.5 calls
-10x 32.5 calls

Thanks for sharing OA!
oldarmy1
AG
59 South said:

oldarmy1 said:

This is where you get your $31.50 JD puts in place again. Just as last two times when it was approaching $32....up 86 cents you are willing to give up 12-13 cents of that just in case markets don't bust loose.

S&P bumped up against the strong resistance. Either explosion or failure. Plan accordingly because explosion is happy times....failure again and I suspect a much deeper consolidation to shake out things.

Also, what I did was buy the $31.50 Puts but also bought $32.50 calls for 7-8 cents. If it explodes those will way more than offset the Puts.
I saw this and loved the trade so here's what I did:

-bought 10 options each of the weekly 32.5 call at .06 and 31.5 put at .16, total cost $220
-sold half (5) of the 31.5 puts at .51 for $255
-bought 5 of the weekly 31.5 calls at .07 for $35

Now I'm net free for tomorrow:

-5x 31.5 puts
-5x 31.5 calls
-10x 32.5 calls

Thanks for sharing OA!

I bought the $31.50 calls as well at the close on the cheap. I also sold my $31.50 Puts due to a little better premium and own the $31 Puts. So any downside tomorrow I'm Teflon man. Any run up to retest and I sell those shares I had sold up near $32 and then repurchased this afternoon.

Markets want to play - I'm your Huckleberry!
Brewmaster
AG
La Bamba said:

And OSTK fades into the close yet again.
Patience dudes... just yesterday the market was digesting the former CEO selling all of his shares for $90 million and putting it in gold and crypto. Oh and flying to Australia to do some R&R and diving.

It was 14's pre-market this morning, until a big bump. Someone buying a boat load, enough to move it up a full $1.

Once the digital dividend is SEC registered and they announce the new date, we'll get a healthy move up. Last time it was 15, it hit 25 in 2 weeks. It's a swing trader and scalper's dream. It needs to build though and become more, retail make some green will help.
Brewmaster
AG
khaos288 said:

oldarmy1 said:

sold a few thousand shares.

Je suis les potato petits
LOL - underrated post. although I think potato is technically "pomme de terre", no?
khaos288
AG
Oui oui

My vocabulary needs some refreshing
docaggie
AG
https://www.marketwatch.com/story/overstock-founder-tried-to-squeeze-short-sellers-then-sold-out-when-the-sec-cracked-down-2019-09-19?mod=mw_theo_homepage

Interesting opinion piece on OSTK
Class of 1998;
Husband of an Aggie, Class of 1999;
Father to future Class of 2029 and 2031
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
IrishTxAggie
AG
Hmmm...well played BYND...
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-beyond-meat-moves/beyond-meat-names-former-tesla-executive-as-coo-idUSKBN1W42ZU
badharambe
AG
I'm alive!
Been a while since posts. I haven't done much while waiting for dust to rise and gold to die. Was able to go from mid 6s with last sells at 8.2s (thanks to patience and risk maintenance). Still have a lot to learn tho.

TRNX looks really good. Thanks OA! 2.29 is the level to break for action.

Started MDR today. 30 cents risk off 1.50s entry imo. Larger risk percentage but believe gains is 2-3 x risk and potential double bottom forming.

ETHE something to look into with ethereum getting a nice uptrend. >note this is valued 100% higher than amount of coins owned by the fund< Thesis here is eth becomes alt to own as market catches up to btc.

TWTR nice consolidation before next push imo. Looking for 45s next week.

Still have some of my favorite bags: TLRD and GME. Still red on both.

Just ideas. Not recommendations, feel free to look into further before buying.
Brewmaster
AG
docaggie said:

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/overstock-founder-tried-to-squeeze-short-sellers-then-sold-out-when-the-sec-cracked-down-2019-09-19?mod=mw_theo_homepage

Interesting opinion piece on OSTK
Yeah that's a common weak argument shorts point to. He resigned weeks ago, but they act like he's still in charge, ha. Another problem is he sold around $19, not at 29 or even in the 20's...and 29 is no squeeze with the ammo that was loaded. I think it would've doubled based on the # short. When the dividend date hits there should be a nice squeeze. All shorts have to close out their positions or buy stock. I'm not holding my breath, but if the SEC allows it, it will be fun to watch the fireworks.
ProgN
Any new news on ROKU? I can't find anything for the drop.
badharambe
AG
badharambe said:

I'm alive!

Started MDR today. 30 cents risk off 1.50s entry imo. Larger risk percentage but believe gains is 2-3 x risk and potential double bottom forming.

Woke up to $3 this morning!
gougler08
AG
badharambe said:

badharambe said:

I'm alive!

Woke up to $3 this morning!

Nice timing on that one
ProgN
Quote:

Roku Initiated at Sell by Pivotal Research

6:42 am ET September 20, 2019 (Dow Jones) Print
Ratings actions from Benzinga:
Quote:

Roku started at sell with a $60 stock price target at Pivotal Research

Who in the hell is Pivotal Research?

The shorts are going to bludgeon ROKU today. Happy f'ing Friday.
ProgN
Olag00
AG
at 5:32am, Pivotal Research comes out and says SELL ROKU and price target is $60.

at 6:17am Oppenheimer comes out and says BUY ROKU and price target raised from $120 to $155.
Ragoo
AG
Olag00 said:

at 5:32am, Pivotal Research comes out and says SELL ROKU and price target is $60.

at 6:17am Oppenheimer comes out and says BUY ROKU and price target raised from $120 to $155.

i mean, wtf
mrad85
AG
Ragoo said:

Olag00 said:

i mean, wtf
Fake News. What better way to try and manipulate the markets.

I'm not going to be a sheep, I'm gonna be a Bull!
IrishTxAggie
AG
You still in those $120s?
gougler08
AG
mrad85 said:

Ragoo said:

Olag00 said:

i mean, wtf
Fake News. What better way to try and manipulate the markets.

I'm not going to be a sheep, I'm gonna be a Bull!

It's amazing to me that the SEC let's companies do the blatant market manipulation
Harkrider 93
AG
PDEMDHC said:

So my dad owns quite a bit of AT&T stock that he accumulated over his 38 years there prior to retirement and loves the 6% dividend. He's at the point of debating what he should do with it. He certainly has blinders on as he wants to keep buying T stock, but he can liquidate at any time and reinvest in other stocks.

If anyone had a good article he could read to get more information, I know he'd appreciate it. I saw this morning they are considering selling directTV, so sent that to him to read.

https://watchdogonwallstreet.com/article/even-blue-chips-die/

Sorry if the link doesn't work. Typing in "even blue chips die" will work. When I first read this article in 2007, I thought it was over the top. One of their predictions nearly came true. It definitely came true if your dad had GE instead of AT&T.

I would use this article plus the advice of this trading to diversify. I would also try to do it with little to no tax, if possible. I assume his gains are enormous.
E
AG
TEUM in a freefall
Ragoo
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

You still in those $120s?
yes, I have time. But I was up a lot and now down a little.
First Page Last Page
Page 750 of 6413

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.