Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,100,246 Views | 224562 Replies | Last: 13 min ago by jagvocate
khaos288
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Love it. Done and done. Thanks pro
Dobre casy
AG
Re OSTK dividend, it comes with a 6-month lock up period and you have to open a Dinosaur brokerage account to sell it. Wonder what type of fees Dino charges, the liquidity of that type of investment, and if it's worth the trouble for the dividend. Thoughts?

Also, how will calls be valued after the dividend? Guessing special pricing to factor in the dividend, which could hurt liquidity, so curious if people are closing out ahead of that or holding on hoping for a mammoth squeeze?
BenRev09
AG
There's an OCC memo dated today being floated on twitter (sorry don't know how to post) saying no adjustment to options with regard to the dividend. That call holders should exercise by record date if wanting to capture dividend. Shorts claiming victory
Shiner Bock
AG
BenRev09 said:

There's an OCC memo dated today being floated on twitter (sorry don't know how to post) saying no adjustment to options with regard to the dividend. That call holders should exercise by record date if wanting to capture dividend. Shorts claiming victory

https://www.theocc.com/webapps/infomemos?number=45643&date=201909&lastModifiedDate=09%2F17%2F2019+00%3A00%3A00
BenRev09
AG
Not 100% confident in my understanding, so bear with me, but wouldn't this force the squeeze? If you were holding ITM puts, wouldn't you want to exercise to capture the value of the option AND hold the stock for the dividend? But if BD's don't have enough stock to cover, they'd force a squeeze to clear them out?
diablo loco
I'm holding OSTK through 9/23 with popcorn ready. Nothing would shock me, but I'd like to see another run. No idea how this plays out. I don't think naked shorts get a pass?
Brewmaster
AG
diablo loco said:

I'm holding OSTK through 9/23 with popcorn ready. Nothing would shock me, but I'd like to see another run. No idea how this plays out. I don't think naked shorts get a pass?
correct. and any shorts claiming victory are fools - they best close out by Friday. Retesting and breaking 30 wouldn't surprise me.
If a broker gets caught with more shares on borrow than exist, they will simply put the blame on their customer. Whatever hedge funds are shorting this will not go quiet into the night though. They'll dump every naked short they can this week (continuing to make it look like a sell off).
Aggie_2463
AG
BREwmaster said:

diablo loco said:

correct. and any shorts claiming victory are fools - they best close out by Friday. Retesting and breaking 30 wouldn't surprise me.
If a broker gets caught with more shares on borrow than exist, they will simply put the blame on their customer. Whatever hedge funds are shorting this will not go quiet into the night though. They'll dump every naked short they can this week (continuing to make it look like a sell off).

See what will happen is I'll put all my trading funds into OSTK and it'll hit $9 next week again
ProgN
Ok gang, it's Fed decision day, what's everyone's prediction for rates and what the market will do?

Call your shots.
aggiedaniel06
AG
Fed will cut 0.25 basis points. However when he gives his outlook, market won't think it is dovish enough. Expecting 200-300 point DJI swings.

Oh and trump will tweet and call JP a moran!
ProgN
ROKU is getting hit this morning.
ProgN
I'm in the same camp as that too.
jtmoney03
AG
I'm straddled on the 303 and 297 SPYs for today. Really no telling what he's gonna do.
aggiedaniel06
AG
Without knowing the premiums you paid, both legs might be profitable at some point today.
La Bamba
AG
Overstock news:

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/overstock-com-distribute-freely-tradable-120000787.html

Help me unpack this because all I'm getting is that there is no longer a 6 month hold up period with the dividend stock, OSTKO. Meaning you can trade it as soon as you get it. But there is still no clarity around how the dividend payback looks like for those holding short. Correct? Btw, the stock is up this morning on the news.
La Bamba
AG
Prognightmare said:

Getting closer to our $135 entry point?
ProgN
Yep
Aggie_2463
AG
I think the fed doesn't cut as much as the market has built in, or Trump wants, and we see a drop.

I'm sitting on the sidelines in 401K and 50% cash in another account, waiting.
BenRev09
AG
Flashed below 17, not sure i have the stomach for another 3-6 weeks of this
jmcfar_98
AG
Since Powell took over as chair in March 2018, the S&P 500 has declined 10 of the last 12 Fed days.
Aggie_2463
AG
Watching this OSTK plunge makes me feel for some bag holders.
ProgN
jmcfar_98 said:

Since Powell took over as chair in March 2018, the S&P 500 has declined 10 of the last 12 Fed days.
True, but this isn't the same. He raised rates and started shrinking the balance sheet. He's going to cut but the forward comments are going to be the catalyst. The market is priced for perfection and you should be cautious. JMO
2percent
AG
Aggie_2463 said:

Watching this OSTK plunge makes me feel for some bag holders.
Not the way i wanted to start off the day.

Cadet05
AG
What is the board's entry point on OSTK? debating on adding ROKU or OSTK on the plunge. . .
gougler08
AG
SFIX continuing after the hanging man yesterday, entering short term puts (Sept 27) prior to their earnings
khaos288
AG
Oh no, I'm poor again
ProgN
Quote:

Facebook's Portal TV Gives Roku Investors Pause
9:20 am ET September 18, 2019 (Benzinga) Print
Facebook, Inc. (NASDAQ: FB) is preparing to launch Portal TV, a clip-on camera accessory for video calling, AR gaming and content co-watching. The news sent Roku Inc (NASDAQ: ROKU) shares lower.

Roku already sells multimedia devices designed to deliver a number of streaming services to any TV or monitor.

Facebook will begin shipping Portal TV Nov. 5 for $149, or buyers can also bundle two Portal devices together and receive $50 off, according to The Verge. Portal TV is one of three smart video chat devices the company is announcing Wednesday.
Facebook doesn't have the same platform as ROKU.
AgShaun00
AG
should be a good buying day?

ROKU
more OSTK

what else
La Bamba
AG
I'm staying away from OSTK until that thing turns around. It is on a plunge. Eyeing Roku here closely.
IrishTxAggie
AG
AVEO got a 180 day extension for compliance.
Ragoo
AG
Prognightmare said:

pacecar02
OSTK, from tasty works

On September 18, 2019, Overstock.com, Inc. (OSTK) issued a press release announcing that the record date of the previously announced distribution of its Digital Voting Series A-1 Preferred Stock will be changed to a date to be determined in the future. As stated in the press release, Overstock.com, Inc. intends to work with regulatory authorities to register the shares to be distributed so that such shares are freely tradable by non-affiliates immediately upon distribution.

Because the record date has been changed to an unknown future date, we will not be closing short positions this week. The stock and its options will remain closing only. If you would like to roll your positions, call or chat the tastydesk and we will force the order for you. However, because there are so many unknowns regarding this corporate action, we do not advise opening new positions.

We will continue to monitor announcements regarding OSTK and will notify any clients holding a position in OSTK if and when they they announce new details.

edit: also, way disproportional amount of puts today(16 sep 27 put, 1.58k contracts)
ProgN
Yeah, it's an overreaction to Facebook introducing a streaming device.
gougler08
AG
On the not so good side for those long, ROKU looking like a dreaded h formation
Ragoo
AG
Prognightmare said:

Yeah, it's an overreaction to Facebook introducing a streaming device.
why would anyone voluntarily use a FB streaming device when they are already known to abuse the information they gather?
First Page Last Page
Page 744 of 6417

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.