Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,082,715 Views | 224435 Replies | Last: 1 min ago by Brewmaster
ProgN
How long do you want to ignore this user?

"First ***** in the armor Ted"
IrishTxAggie
AG
Ragoo said:

Prognightmare said:

Yeah, it's an overreaction to Facebook introducing a streaming device.
why would anyone voluntarily use a FB streaming device when they are already known to abuse the information they gather?

Because most American consumers are morons and don't understand what FB does.
La Bamba
AG
Ivanka is f'n hot. Also, ZS looking like breaking out today (again).
jmcfar_98
AG
ZS needs to fill that gap.
ProgN
Ragoo said:

Prognightmare said:

Yeah, it's an overreaction to Facebook introducing a streaming device.
why would anyone voluntarily use a FB streaming device when they are already known to abuse the information they gather?
Facebook is late to the streaming game. This is an overreaction for ROKU to selloff. I'm more interested in it's action, and that of the market, after the fed.
UpstateAg
AG
Going in on some lotto weekly roku calls. Advise y'all to fade me.
ProgN
UpstateAg said:

Going in on some lotto weekly roku calls. Advise y'all to fade me.
Quote:

Roku stock falls amid new competition in streaming from Comcast, Facebook
Today 10:25 AM ET (MarketWatch)
Print

Roku Inc. shares (ROKU) are off 8% in Wednesday trading after the company got some new competition in streaming video. Comcast Corp. (CMCSA) announced that it would be giving internet-only customers a free Xfinity Flex device, which lets them watch their streaming services on a TV set. Also on Wednesday, Facebook Inc. (FB) announced its $149 Portal TV device, which supports video calls that get streamed to a TV set and also allows users to watch various programs. Roku shares have gained 356% so far this year, while the S&P 500 has risen 20%.
ETA: I'm waiting for the FED
La Bamba
AG
What was OA's guidance on Roku? I remember he was talking about mid 130's?
UpstateAg
AG
And that's why you don't go full
Aggie_2463
AG
OSTK is scary I couldn't pull trigger in 15s lol
CheladaAg
AG
ROKU going on panic selling now.
Bonfire1996
AG
boyz05 said:

A gift from the streaming Gods
Bonfire1996
AG
ROKU is either going to be a winner in the streaming wars or it will get bought. Either way it's a $200 stock
ProgN
boyz05 said:

Good, sub 130 is a gift and if the market does what I think after the fed, we'll get it.
gougler08
AG
X breaking down some
E
AG
TEUM about to break under $2 again
Trolley Problems
Prognightmare said:

boyz05 said:

Good, sub 130 is a gift and if the market does what I think after the fed, we'll get it.

Would you sell a put here? Or just buy outright on the dip?
Brewmaster
AG
Prognightmare said:

boyz05 said:

Amen. I've read predictions of 125 even -- back the truck up.
khaos288
AG
Yay I'm no longer poor
Brewmaster
AG
Aggie_2463 said:

15's was the bottom. I waited for the turn around. I bought back in at 16. Appears the crooks have quit manipulating it.
khkman22
AG
BREwmaster said:

Aggie_2463 said:

15's was the bottom. I waited for the turn around. I bought back in at 16. Appears the crooks have quit manipulating it for today.
FIFY
khaos288
AG
I'm about to put a limit order in. Don't want to miss the boat. If the 125 number sentiment from a drop post fed?
Brewmaster
AG
Lol, sad but true
ProgN
Trolley Problems said:

Prognightmare said:

boyz05 said:

Would you sell a put here? Or just buy outright on the dip?
The 10/25 120p for $ looks nice. I'm watching that one.
SoTXAg09
AG
FSLR dropping today, 10/18 70c are down to 0.88. Can we expect this to turn back around?
Aggie_2463
AG
BREwmaster said:

Aggie_2463 said:

15's was the bottom. I waited for the turn around. I bought back in at 16. Appears the crooks have quit manipulating it.
I was in a meeting when it flashed down into the 15s.Oh well, maybe I can get some in the 16s I'll keep an eye on it.

Fed day today has me wanting to see how that goes first.
ProgN
I just placed sell orders for most all of my puts above where they're trading in case a flush happens before the fed.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
AgShaun00 said:

NPSNY just split their business and PROSY is now trading. It is now the 3rd largest stock on the Netherlands exchange. NPSNY was way too big for South African exchange. Check out what PROSY owns.

If you've followed our recommendation and own shares of Naspers (OTC: NPSNY), you may have heard from your broker recently...
As you know, Naspers is our favorite way to own Chinese mega app maker Tencent (TCEHY)... plus a handful of other innovative tech businesses in emerging markets.
Naspers owns about $140 billion worth of Tencent's stock. The problem is, Naspers is listed in South Africa... And it has outgrown the South African stock market.
That's largely due to its stake in Tencent. Today, Naspers makes up roughly a quarter of the value of the main South Africa stock index.
This has caused a wonky side effect: As Naspers keeps going up in price, fund managers in South Africa have to keep selling the stock so it doesn't get too much weight in their portfolios.
It's not that they don't like Naspers. They just don't want to hold 25% of their portfolio in one stock.
To solve this problem, Naspers is spinning off its stake in Tencent...
The new company is called Prosus. Until recently, it was unofficially known as "NewCo." It will hold Naspers' Internet assets outside of South Africa... with Tencent as the crown jewel.
If you hold shares of Naspers today, your broker may have reached out with some of the following options...
[ol]
  • Accept cash in lieu of Prosus shares.
  • Receive additional shares of Naspers.
  • Accept new shares of Prosus. (This is the default option.)
  • [/ol]Without getting too far into the details, we recommend you choose the third option... Accept new shares of the spinoff company Prosus.
    Tencent is leading the way in the global mobile-payments trend. And it has a near-monopoly on screen time in China. We want to keep owning this company at a discount.
    Plus, by owning Prosus, we'll own Naspers' other innovative tech businesses in online classifieds, food delivery, and more.

thanks for posting this...good info. I held naspers for a couple years and sold it when I thought I'd made enough money, they keep going up. Also to get a country off our tax returns, though I sold them after they paid a dividend in shares of another south african country which I didn't sell yet, so it didn't really help
    I think either company is a good long term investment
    oldarmy1
    AG
    SoTXAg09 said:

FSLR dropping today, 10/18 70c are down to 0.88. Can we expect this to turn back around?

Oct 18 Calls. Buy low/sell high
    jm94
    AG
    oldarmy1 said:

Buy low/sell high
    Dammit, I knew i was doing something wrong!
    FrioAg 00
    AG
    You guys are brave. I protect myself by just buying and never selling - that way it's never clear if my buy was too high or two low.

Turn out that I like owning stuff, so it works out anyway. I guess my kids can decided when to sell.
    mrad85
    AG
    Welp, As it sits, I'm down 50%.

What goes down, must go up?
    IrishTxAggie
    AG
    Told my ex in college the same thing after I was fast on the trigger a few times.
    docaggie
    AG
    Somehow I doubt the remedy for it is the same as for stocks
    Class of 1998;
    Husband of an Aggie, Class of 1999;
    Father to future Class of 2029 and 2031
    No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
    YNWA_AG
    AG
    X falling today
    First Page Last Page
    Page 745 of 6413

subscribe Verify your student status
    See Subscription Benefits
    Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.