Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,058,842 Views | 224355 Replies | Last: 47 min ago by Heineken-Ashi
fightintxag13
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I've just been burned a few times on leveraged stocks like usou before so I was using a stop, and I still got burned. Didn't lose overall but it cost me.
Brewmaster
AG
La Bamba said:

So re: OSTK several brokerages have canceled options buying on this one. Just called Fidelity and they confirmed that there is no official word on approval of dividend and how the short positions are to be handled. Said they are waiting to hear from OSTK and/or SEC in the next couple of days. No ex-dividend date has been announced either. This smells fishy AF.
Listen to twitter trolls less, here's more facts:

Fidelity: sounds like you talked to the least knowledgeable person there... the digital dividend is SEC registered and is called OSTKO and already trades on OSTK's tzero platform and financial end: dino.tzero.com

I just checked, OSTKO is $30 a share, no manipulation like the Wall St shares, just honest trading, price going up.

Brokers are forced to call back in all loaned shares and clear the table if you will, this week, before the Sept 23rd dividend (date of record). This has also been cleared by the SEC. Most brokers are already suspending options and calling shares in -- including no more shorting it.

Today wreaked of heavy manipulation, no factual negative news, just a 20% drop?? There are a LOT more shares loaned out, than actually exist. Will be interesting to see who gets exposed. Some illegal activity going on for sure.

Here's some food for thought.

Brewmaster
AG
Aggie_2463 said:

So... why did OSTK drop almsot 21% today?
my opinion, serious manipulation and shorting from shares that don't exist (brokers loaning out more to short than exist).
No negative news, nothing... BUT they have to be out of their positions this week. The party's over.
khaos288
AG
I had to bring Wall Street bets to this thread, but yoloooooooo doubled down on cheap ostk just now
jmcfar_98
AG
OA - Got a hand written Thank you from the Aggie Anglers today.

https://imgur.com/a/hgWrMwj
ProgN
jmcfar_98 said:

That is really cool, good bull.
ProgN
leoj
AG
Trumps head will explode
ProgN
leoj said:

Trumps head will explode
I think the speculation of no cut is bs. I'm more concerned the cut is only 25 basis points then we sell off after the initial pop.

ETA: If no cut, look out. The markets will selloff hard.
La Bamba
AG
What is the board's thoughts on a continuation of an oil rally tomorrow? Trump gave quite the "I don't want to be a hawk but sometimes you can't be a dove" speech today with regards to Iran. Think this keeps going up this week?
ProgN
La Bamba said:

What is the board's thoughts on a continuation of an oil rally tomorrow? Trump gave quite the "I don't want to be a hawk but sometimes you can't be a dove" speech today with regards to Iran. Think this keeps going up this week?
Depends if there is a retaliatory strike or another strike by Iran. I can see it hanging out here for awhile without another catalyst.
SW AG80
AG
On CNBC today their energy guy was talking 2-3 weeks unless there is another strike.
La Bamba
AG
Bloomberg article below stating that it may take longer to bring oil output back to equal levels citing more damage than previously thought at the refinery.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-09-16/aramco-said-to-face-weeks-without-majority-of-abqaiq-output?srnd=premium
Whitetail
AG
Bloomberg >>>>> CNBC
CheladaAg
AG
I think we will see these types of attacks here on out whether it be organized or rogue. Sets a precedent that could impact global oil prices go forward. This is not just a one time deal.
ProgN
boyz05 said:

I think we will see these types of attacks here on out whether it be organized or rogue. Sets a precedent that could impact global oil prices go forward. This is not just a one time deal.
Saudi purchased some of our state of the art Patriot missile batteries today. FWIW
Aggie_2463
AG
Prognightmare said:

boyz05 said:

Saudi purchased some of our state of the art Patriot missile batteries today. FWIW

Prog, get off them RIG puts and let's ride this RIG rocket !
ProgN
You may be right but I have time.
AgShaun00
AG
jmcfar_98 said:

Me too
deadbq03
AG
boyz05 said:

I was thinking the same thing. If you're a terrorist organization (or state), it wouldn't be too hard to drop a hint to some wealthy friends that they should quietly accumulate oil positions for a couple months, then make something like this happen.
mrad85
AG
Time to wake up and make some money!

khkman22
AG
There we go X.
IrishTxAggie
AG
O&G giving some of it back from yesterday
Aggie_2463
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

O&G giving a lot of it back from yesterday
This makes me sad in the pants
IrishTxAggie
AG
Seems like it's mostly the small and mid caps. CHK, QEP, WLL, etc.
AgShaun00
AG
NPSNY just split their business and PROSY is now trading. It is now the 3rd largest stock on the Netherlands exchange. NPSNY was way too big for South African exchange. Check out what PROSY owns.

If you've followed our recommendation and own shares of Naspers (OTC: NPSNY), you may have heard from your broker recently...
As you know, Naspers is our favorite way to own Chinese mega app maker Tencent (TCEHY)... plus a handful of other innovative tech businesses in emerging markets.
Naspers owns about $140 billion worth of Tencent's stock. The problem is, Naspers is listed in South Africa... And it has outgrown the South African stock market.
That's largely due to its stake in Tencent. Today, Naspers makes up roughly a quarter of the value of the main South Africa stock index.
This has caused a wonky side effect: As Naspers keeps going up in price, fund managers in South Africa have to keep selling the stock so it doesn't get too much weight in their portfolios.
It's not that they don't like Naspers. They just don't want to hold 25% of their portfolio in one stock.
To solve this problem, Naspers is spinning off its stake in Tencent...
The new company is called Prosus. Until recently, it was unofficially known as "NewCo." It will hold Naspers' Internet assets outside of South Africa... with Tencent as the crown jewel.
If you hold shares of Naspers today, your broker may have reached out with some of the following options...
[ol]
  • Accept cash in lieu of Prosus shares.
  • Receive additional shares of Naspers.
  • Accept new shares of Prosus. (This is the default option.)
  • [/ol]Without getting too far into the details, we recommend you choose the third option... Accept new shares of the spinoff company Prosus.
    Tencent is leading the way in the global mobile-payments trend. And it has a near-monopoly on screen time in China. We want to keep owning this company at a discount.
    Plus, by owning Prosus, we'll own Naspers' other innovative tech businesses in online classifieds, food delivery, and more.

Aggie_2463
    AG
    IrishTxAggie said:

Seems like it's mostly the small and mid caps. CHK, QEP, WLL, etc.
    RIG down 8.5%... Lot of profit takers I guess. Oil only down 1%
    AgShaun00
    AG
    OSTK

How much lower will it go?

Anyone buying more?
    Aggie_2463
    AG
    AgShaun00 said:

OSTK

How much lower will it go?

Anyone buying more?
    I'm curious on this one as well.
    oldarmy1
    AG
    jmcfar_98 said:

Whoop! Awesome stuff right there, from all involved!!!
    gougler08
    AG
    HEAR may test that $12 resistance soon...
    La Bamba
    AG
    DBX up this morning.
    oldarmy1
    AG
    ZS with good news.....has much more run left in it upward. Squeeze imminent. Watch for $48.50 area to pounce on some $55 calls out to Oct 18

Markets are on par at a break or bust today. Most indicators pointing to breakout upward. Break 3005 run with it.

HEAR.....why yes we do. Loud and clear thank you very much.
    tramaro1
    AG
    oldarmy1 said:

jmcfar_98 said:

Whoop! Awesome stuff right there, from all involved!!!

Receive a letter yesterday as well, very nice touch by them!!! Good bull
    Aggie_2463
    AG
    By the way Prog, I'm going to blame you for this red day on RIG.
    First Page Last Page
    Page 741 of 6411

subscribe Verify your student status
    See Subscription Benefits
    Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.