Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,294,249 Views | 225299 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by El_duderino
pacecar02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
WPM sitting just above yesterdays V bottom, also, on my platform it is listed as "hard to borrow"

hadn't seen that before
khaos288
AG
ENPH on fire today
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
I just found this forum/thread yesterday, sorry for latching on to you to shake out my ignorance...let me know if this thread is not the place for these kind of questions

your basis is $19, you sold a $25 call for $2.30 (now your basis is 16.7, right?), if you get exercised your profit is $8.30. Correct?

if you buy your $25 call back for $9 that makes your basis $25.70, then you sell a $34 call for $3.25 making your basis $22.5. Now if that one gets exercised your profit all-in is $11.50.

lot of work for $3.20? And if you don't get exercised your basis is now effectively higher, isn't it?

I need to look back at some of abdiel's previous investments to see how they behaved
UpstateAg
AG
It's a big lots style store. Except not as well run.
Dobre casy
AG
Colt98 said:

I guess I don't see how it has unlimited down side. Worse case in my case is I get called out of my stock at $25 and make $6 per share on the investment. Sure I'm missing out on the upside(happened to me on roku at $50).
Since you own the shares in a covered call, the worst case scenario is the stock tanking and losing the value in your underlying shares.
Wrighty
AG
I wouldn't short the market going into a Trump re-election year. He'll do anything to keep the market up for the next 14 months.
Aggie_2463
AG
RIG just can't break through that $4.60 range
diablo loco
Wrighty said:

I wouldn't short the market going into a Trump re-election year. He'll do anything to keep the market up for the next 14 months.
He can only do so much, and i don't think the fed has enough bullets, and the bullets aren't as effective as they used to be at this point in the cycle. It's like taking an antibiotic too much.
monarch
S
If Trump wants to keep the market up over the next 14 months, all he really needs to do is shut his mouth and stay off Twitter.
Wrighty
AG
diablo loco said:

Wrighty said:

He can only do so much, and i don't think the fed has enough bullets, and the bullets aren't as effective as they used to be at this point in the cycle. It's like taking an antibiotic too much.
He could make a deal with China, propose a massive infrastructure spending plan, propose payroll tax cuts, etc, especially if the markets actually start to fall.
UpstateAg
AG
Why hello there CX...
diablo loco
I don't think the Chinese will make a deal in the next 14 months. I don't see it. They're playing longer ball than Trump. If a deal is cut, I guarantee you Trump folded on a lot of points just to make a deal. Sell the news.
Whitetail
AG
diablo loco said:

I think george 92 is gone. I'm going to miss that guy. Hopefully he comes back. I needed someone to step in land mines before me.

Yeah...he gone.
CheladaAg
AG
diablo loco said:

I don't think the Chinese will make a deal in the next 14 months. I don't see it. They're playing longer ball than Trump. If a deal is cut, I guarantee you Trump folded on a lot of points just to make a deal. Sell the news.
This has been my thoughts as well. It is still all a show, but markets are buying into any positive spin to keep afloat. All China is doing is buying more time. Head fakes to indirectly delay and get Trump in a corner during his final days before reelection.
leoj
AG
Did the politics board claim another victim?
Whitetail
AG
leoj said:

General Board.
diablo loco
no, surprisingly it was the general board thread on family drama.
spud1910
AG
leoj said:

I think it was the general board.
BenRev09
AG
inside day on OSTK, who's comin with me?
khaos288
AG
Going up? Thought about buying a few shares to see if it bounces back
Ragoo
AG
*crickets*
Aggie_2463
AG
Always nice to see futures up again
JobSecurity
AG
TSLA exempt from auto tax in China. Skyrockets
oldarmy1
AG
JD looking to test resistance today. That "ignore the negative garbage and buy" under $28 is looking sweet.
gougler08
AG
Going to be pushing the top of this wedge on open, will be interesting to see if it can get through or fall back down
Ragoo
AG
I knew I should have bought NFLX calls at the bottom of the wedge.
oldarmy1
AG
COOP closed that Model T and up it went.
Aggie_2463
AG
oldarmy1 said:

COOP closed that Model T and up it went.
Yesterday went to buy at $8.75, and ended up at $8.86. Jumped on me in the matter of seconds getting my order submitted... So let's ride!
Aggie_2463
AG
RIG needs to break through that $4.60s range, it's been finding resistance there several times in the past couple weeks.
gougler08
AG
SPX right off that resistance line the first try today
CheladaAg
AG
WDAY falling hard after earnings beat and raising guidance yesterday. May be in for a big bounce next week.
khkman22
AG
CX looks good. Does it look overbought or should the trend continue?
Aggie_2463
AG
khkman22 said:

CX looks good. Does it look overbought or should the trend continue?
the 1M & 3M charts show that it formed a cup so a handle should be forming soon?
EngrAg14
AG
Any expectation in the market for Trump to delay tariffs built in, you guys think?

Afraid to hold over the weekend for tariffs to hit Sunday and market fall thinking a delay will be made and doesn't end up happening.
Aggie_2463
AG
Oh RIG, just couldn't break through and now going wrong direction.

COOP has settled back to that $8.70 range
First Page Last Page
Page 724 of 6438

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.