Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

21,519,717 Views | 223291 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by ProgN
Harkrider 93
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
For those saying QE is why the market went up and now that they stopped, it will drop or remain flat:

Please help me understand that. That is one area that is confusing to me. I hear people say it but don't see any data to support. I have heard one person say that it didn't help the market. His argument is that the banks just sat on the money and didn't do anything with it. If they sat on the money, then the growth had to come from elsewhere. How did individuals or companies buy more or profit more from QE?
OA_02
AG
For are the guys who will be trading after this next resistance break. The play (not definitively) is to watch for the next leg down, look for an entry point to buy a resistance bounce? I understand that is pretty broad, but that seems like the next play based on my learning to this point. New channel lines will be established and we could get another period of channel trading?
oldarmy1
AG
quote:
Oldarmy, what are those levels for tops and bottoms you just mentioned above?

Not sure I understand what you are asking. I only posted when the markets had topped. They topped at highs back in May but my analysis didn't come together until late July. I do not know the bottom and never claimed to be able and predict a specific number or valuation. I simply say I will be able to tell you when the bottom had been reached and I will enter back in mass, posting such in real time for El Chu to see.

I'll post that for free for everyone but El C must pay me a $99 fee.
OA_02
AG
I think he was talking about the top and bottom of the current channel we are in (about to break out of).
Post removed:
by user
FriscoKid
AG
What are you talking about? I posted a detailed trade in real time with charts. I also posted my entry point in my last S&P trade. And I said I was taking a flyer on Cisco last night.
Post removed:
by user
Dan Scott
AG
I always try to end my posts with "in my opinion" because I don't know. I'm making an educated guess based off information I have now and prior experience.

I don't daytrade much anymore. More than anything, price action and volume is what I rely on and without my trading platform, it's hard to do at work.

I do swing trade monthly options though. Most night I try to review charts and key price levels to use a reference. It's easier than daytrading because I could have the trend right, but I don't have to be perfect on the timing like with weekly options.

So basically in my mind, where in a channel from 1820-1880. That's why yesterday I thought getting short at 1880 would be good entry. 1820 will be protected, think about it, we're at 2 year lows in a once in a generation bull market. The longer we hang around it though I think it breaks.

Too much downward pressure in my opinion and we go to 1780. After that I think 1730 where I become a huge buyer and go back to 100% stocks with my cash.

I hope I don't come off as a dewsh but sometimes when you're trading and you're right, it's better than sex. You can't help yourself.
claym711
AG
Even removing 5 years of high PE surrounding the dotcom bubble and the high PE in 09 housing bubble aftermath, the average S&P PE since 1990 is 19. We are currently at 20.

Add those years back in and avg PE is 23. We are at 20.
claym711
AG
And it's definitely not once in a generation bull market.

Last 3 bull markets in the last 20 years have been 227% (94-00), 87% (02-07), and 158% (09-15).
Dan Scott
AG
09-15 we tripled on the S&P from top to bottom. But the point is, its a key level and will break and looks like it's starting as I post
oldarmy1
AG
I'm traveling and not at my computer. Would one of you traders mind pulling up 2 charts and add trend analysis. First chart 2009 to present with channel trend lines. 2nd one May to present channels.
claym711
AG
Obvious rising wedge that was broken.
FriscoKid
AG
Getting more volume here. Maybe a new leg down.
FriscoKid
AG

on the minute chart...strong bull candle followed by and even stronger bear candle.
oldarmy1
AG
We've had 200-400 point range bound days but when support gets broken you get what I call these "flash" events at the broken direction. Day traders trading technicals see the break and pile on top the instituional volume for a fast ride down. Most of them are already out now so its up to general market action from here.
FriscoKid
AG
it's been very orderly though. yeah, support was broken but there wasn't much volume with it. what am i missing?
pfo
AG
Will you technical analysis guys please tell me if now is the time to buy the gold miners? Are they breaking out? I'm not a day trader but rather am looking for a huge move in gold due to world governments horrendous financial and policy mismanagement.
oldarmy1
AG
quote:

on the minute chart...strong bull candle followed by and even stronger bear candle.

Check volume on bear candle versus bull. That is instituions buying and wanting prices to stay low so when they move market they stop for quick sink down with no support next minute. That is an intraday traders bullish signal. When i see a 2 day chart like that it means something to me. But I don't day trade. Where have I heard that before?
AggieMainland
Dan, why 1730? Whats special about that level for you? Why not lower?
Cronus
Here is, IMHO, a low risk trade i just took:

I just shorted the S&P minis at 1813.75... we have been in a very tight range for the last 2 hours. This can lead to a sharp break. I have a stop at 1818, so 5 handles of risk. I will take some profits @ 1806, and I will move my stop to break even if the it moves below 1809
El Chupacabra

Pretty violent move from 1,810..
FriscoKid
AG
Yeah, it bounced pretty hard.
RangerRick9211
AG
quote:
UAE Energy Minister: Opec ready to cooperate on cut --WSJ via BBG
oldarmy1
AG
Now there's ya a market driven event

FriscoKid
AG
This was because of OPEC?
oldarmy1
AG
quote:
This was because of OPEC?
Yup - Oil jumped $1 and is tapering back off
Dan Scott
AG
Part of me thinks this was a setup for huge dump tomorrow
Post removed:
by user
Just Tired
quote:
quote:
1737.92 was the S&P low in 2014. Typically previous lows can act as intermediate support.

this move wouldn't even technically reach bear status if 1730 holds since 1707 is the 20% mark.
oldarmy1
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
1737.92 was the S&P low in 2014. Typically previous lows can act as intermediate support.

this move wouldn't even technically reach bear status if 1730 holds since 1707 is the 20% mark.

Exactly, I see a much longer and drawn out bear market. Now certainly there is a technical trade along the way since we are talking 12+ months of trend down.
Post removed:
by user
Wife is an Aggie
Good time to move to cash & sit on the sidelines?
First Page Last Page
Page 7 of 6380

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.