Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

21,997,218 Views | 224169 Replies | Last: 53 min ago by Brian Earl Spilner
oldarmy1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
TWTR rumor mill about private investor interest in buy out.
Dan Scott
AG
Twitter was down about 12% but has bounced back.
oldarmy1
AG
quote:
Twitter was down about 12% but has bounced back.
Thanks...came out of meeting and just spot checked price. See chart now.
oldarmy1
AG
Fairly evident "washout" action on TWTR today. That is bullish for the stock short term.
oldarmy1
AG
DOW futures off 100

NIKKEI losing 16k major support would need to come back above within 2 days or it's another pure signal of further decline.
FriscoKid
AG
...and down 3%.. You want to catch a falling knife? Go to Japan.
Post removed:
by user
FriscoKid
AG
Japan futures are down 3%. Same thing.
oldarmy1
AG
quote:
Japan is closed tonight and China is closed all week. Hong Kong reopened tonight down 4%, not terrible considering they were closed Mon through Wed.

National holiday of course. They have one every month.
FriscoKid
AG
1812 is broken pre-market on the S&P. DOW futures down >300.

Support has been broken.

Blood in the street in Europe.

Going to be a really bad day for the US markets.
Post removed:
by user
oldarmy1
AG
We are BELOW major support but right at lowest previous intraday bands. Odds of the "snap back" above major support fading but not closed.

If we lose lower intraday band who is ready for the next leg of global meltdown? Most on here except Buffalo?

FriscoKid
AG
But, of course it's just a coin flip and no one could have predicted this.
oldarmy1
AG
quote:
But, of course it's just a coin flip and no one could have predicted this.

Over time we'll be proven right or wrong to skeptics. No one can argue the "exit the market" call in August because we are 2500 points down since that post. 3 months from now we can look back at the last 3 weeks posts about this being more than a correction. Over time no one can hide.
Post removed:
by user
FriscoKid
AG
OA, you did a pretty nice thing here. You saved a few people a ton of their retirement money.
claym711
AG
Good God the gloating is almost unbearable, especially considering the day to day predictions y'all have made, especially Frisco, have been totally unreliable. The overall direction, you've been right about.
Old Buffalo
AG
FriscoKid
AG
I was wrong about Cisco yesterday if that makes you feel any better.
oldarmy1
AG

All in good fun, my man. All the bulls will need a good shot of some Buffalo Trace.
oldarmy1
AG
quote:
Good God the gloating is almost unbearable, especially considering the day to day predictions y'all have made, especially Frisco, have been totally unreliable. The overall direction, you've been right about.

I don't day trade. However, I do understand your point. If I've overly ribbed anyone then my apologies. It's not like I have anything to prove and was only having some fun at the ridiculous cartoon and overt poster about predicting the markets.

At the end of the day my intent is to help Ags protect and build wealth. Let's all keep our eye on that principle.
Old Buffalo
AG
I am not as against TA as I have made myself appear. I probably took a farther stance due to some on here and their unbearable attitude.

I would make the same arguments to those fundamental guys who won't touch a stock because the P/E is greater than 8.
Post removed:
by user
oldarmy1
AG
Noted. And if all a trader uses is TA then they will be in the win some-lose some boat.
FriscoKid
AG
This is a thread about trading and posting observations.
OA_02
AG
Bets on how long this down trend/bear/recession lasts? If the peak was 8/15, historically, I am betting we bottom out 4Q of this year and start heading back around 1Q 17.

Thoughts?
FDT 1999
AG
quote:
Bets on how long this down trend/bear/recession lasts? If the peak was 8/15, historically, I am betting we bottom out 4Q of this year and start heading back around 1Q 17.

Thoughts?

I'd agree with that if looking at history. The average bear is 12-18 months with 35% losses. This one could go longer, but those are roughly the historical averages.
FriscoKid
AG
Bulls are going to defend aren't they?
oldarmy1
AG
My ability rests with being able to accurately view when a macro top or bottom occurs. I can't predict at what level it will occur. I will tell you when it does. Now there is plenty of analytical tools that can give some potential targets but timeframes are another story and, while a factor, that does not drive my analysis.
oldarmy1
AG
Gold +46
moses1084ever
AG
Claym and Buffalo may as well be Vader on this board.

El Chupacabra
Like I said (maybe not this thread, but one of the other identical threads), this is EXACTLY like many Twitter feeds. All we need is someone selling subscriptions for $99.95/mo to their premium newsletter that will pay for a years subscription in one trade.
oldarmy1
AG
First 30 minutes on the band snap back.
El Chupacabra
quote:
This is a thread about trading and posting observations.
No one is posting any trades. Just 'if this happens then this could happen'. As many confirmations and lines and trends and whatever else...I'm not seeing many trades occurring.

I'd respect the hell out of someone if they posted a couple losing trades versus gloating about winners and making vague statements about the markets.

Yes, the trend is down...not because of some lines on a chart or formations, but because the economy sucks, oil sucks, and the QE drug needle got us addicted but then dried up.
claym711
AG
Oldarmy, what are those levels for tops and bottoms you just mentioned above?
First Page Last Page
Page 6 of 6405

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.