Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,099,701 Views | 224561 Replies | Last: 3 hrs ago by ProgN
TheBiggerEvent
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
same..
gougler08
AG
MU closed its gap
gougler08
AG
So 401k question...if I do just want to move it all to cash for now, do I just sell the investment (I use Fidelity)?
IrishTxAggie
AG

IrishTxAggie
AG
Dafuq with that candle just now on the SPX??
shiphunt
AG
I would argue there is a difference between the Chinese explicitly devaluing for competitive purposes in the 2000s, and today's *somewhat* market-driven plunge...
IrishTxAggie
AG
Aggie_2463
AG
gougler08 said:

So 401k question...if I do just want to move it all to cash for now, do I just sell the investment (I use Fidelity)?
My fidelity 401K we have like 26 funds to choose from, at the end of the day prior to 3 pm I just go in an reallocate my investments to 100% Bond fund (Pretty much like cash)... but you can only move between funds every 30 days minimum. So if you do it today, it be 30 days until you are suppose to be able to re-allocate it to another fund. I did it less than that before and got a warning.

So I have had mine in a bond fund for about 1.5 months already waiting for this correction.
IrishTxAggie
AG
gougler08 said:

There's a tiny gap down to 2852.1 that may offer some support
Guess we're going for it...
gougler08
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

gougler08 said:

There's a tiny gap down to 2852.1 that may offer some support
Guess we're going for it...
And it's gone
IrishTxAggie
AG
ProgN
IrishTxAggie said:

Dafuq with that candle just now on the SPX??

bb2003
AG
What are you guys seeing in regards to long term entry positions on SPY/DIA/FCNTX. I am heavily invested in those already, but have some extra cash in an IRA that I have been waiting for a good dip to add more. Seems like the dip is here. Obviously finding the bottom is a crap shoot but what would you pros be looking at in regards to entry point for long term holds on the index? I don't have the time to devote to learning options trading at the moment, but want to get this money to work in the market when the opportunity is right.
gougler08
AG
Aggie_2463 said:

gougler08 said:

My fidelity 401K we have like 26 funds to choose from, at the end of the day prior to 3 pm I just go in an reallocate my investments to 100% Bond fund (Pretty much like cash)... but you can only move between funds every 30 days minimum. So if you do it today, it be 30 days until you are suppose to be able to re-allocate it to another fund. I did it less than that before and got a warning.

So I have had mine in a bond fund for about 1.5 months already waiting for this correction.
Wow I have a whole bunch of options to choose from now that I do more research on it (just had it in one of the Lifepath funds from Fidelity which has just been ok)...I see the Russell 1000 index has been killing it, should I be in that once we "bottom out"?
ProgN
9-10% off the highs
gougler08
AG
Prognightmare said:

9-10% off the highs
I'm with you...that 2750 mark will be key to see if we bounce back
shiphunt
AG
Only 1 pt off the day's low on SPX

*Whoops... New lows
claym711
AG
This isn't a Trump tweet tariff drop.

Every time since feb 2018 we have reached highs, range collapses, and we correct hard. There's def quant markers you can find that volatility is about to explode.

Listen to what Jerome said in October and the other day. Market will rip off faces at any mention of QT.

Trump tweets are generally an opportunity to countertrade the first move.
Aggie_2463
AG
How much lower are some of you expecting the DOW to go before making a rebound?
shiphunt
AG
claym711 said:

This isn't a Trump tweet tariff drop.

Every time since feb 2018 we have reached highs, range collapses, and we correct hard. There's def quant markers you can find that volatility is about to explode.

Listen to what Jerome said in October and the other day. Market will rip off faces at any mention of QT.

Trump tweets are generally an opportunity to countertrade the first move.
I'll let you guess what that arrow is[url=//imgur.com/XYknpCu][/url]
gougler08
AG
Aggie_2463 said:

How much lower are some of you expecting the DOW to go before making a rebound?
2750 seems to be the big test
leoj
AG
Should have pulled the trigger on some $150 DE weekly puts. Ag sector is about to get hit hard.

ADM at 52 week lows for instance.
leoj
AG
TSN green in a sea of red. Confirmed year end guidance.

Quote:

Tyson Foods (TSN +5.1%) says Raised & Rooted plant-based nugget products will be available by the end of September at over 4K stores in the U.S.

The company also has plans for blended chicken and burger products under both the Raised & Rooter and Aidells brands.

Looking down the road, Tyson expects to take its protein alternatives initiative to international markets.

The new Tyson products could compete with Beyond Meat (BYND -2.2%) offerings at certain retail outlets.
gougler08
AG
Down over 100 points
IrishTxAggie
AG
HARD bounce off of 2822. Should be an interesting last hour.
aggiepaintrain
AG
Regarding my 401k.
Should I move some funds from cash to enter the market?
or transfer more from the market into cash?

gougler08
AG
aggiepaintrain said:

Regarding my 401k.

I was going to move to cash but if you truly can only rebalance once per 30 days I'm not sure I love that as we could very easily bounce of 2750 again and come back up
WestTexAg12
AG
aggiepaintrain said:

Regarding my 401k.

Yes...
"Give me an army of West Point graduates and I'll win a battle. Give me a handful of Texas Aggies, and I'll win the war.”
- General George S. Patton
YNWA_AG
AG
gougler08
AG
JD down near that 25.50 support line...may be a good entry point if it holds
IrishTxAggie
AG
I saw this, but you edited it... Any chance you have the tweet?
YNWA_AG
AG
The twitter post I saw did not seem credible after scrolling through the account so I deleted it. But Here it is.

redline248
AG
could someone tell a noob what the 4 digit number represents, in regards to a "bounce?"

george_92
I made a little money this am with TVIX. I sold too soon but better to have at least one winner today instead of the way it was going.

Now with the Dow and S&P slightly recovering, I'm going the other way with SVXY which is an inverse VIX etf. It was down 6.32% today. Hopefully we can get a short term swing going with other way and make some on the backside.
IrishTxAggie
AG
S&P numbers
First Page Last Page
Page 681 of 6417

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.