Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,086,945 Views | 224471 Replies | Last: 1 min ago by agdaddy04
diablo loco
How long do you want to ignore this user?
ENPH you SOB you. We got a runner. Steak and whiskey tonight.
ProgN
WLL and LPSN report earnings after the close today. Their charts look good but I'm gun shy. Please tell me I shouldn't gamble with them.
george_92
mrad85 said:

TRNX is it worth buying down?

Somebody talk me down off the ledge

I'm waiting for .35 or lower. Then an announcement that they have a potential contract with Turkministan to clean up all their lakes. Then back to .45 we go.
mrad85
AG
Prognightmare said:

WLL and LPSN report earnings after the close today. Their charts look good but I'm gun shy. Please tell me I shouldn't gamble with them.
Don't.

Back away from the ledge. Take a few deep breaths. They will disappoint you and leave you high and dry in the end. You know it.
ProgN
Thank you
IrishTxAggie
AG
diablo loco said:

Not to be a Debbie downer on you, but I just bought some 8/16 $25 puts on this after you said this. Just a few though.
diablo loco
IrishTxAggie said:

diablo loco said:

Not to be a Debbie downer on you, but I just bought some 8/16 $25 puts on this after you said this. Just a few though.
I'd sell some but my income tax bill for 2019 is already outrageous and I believe in them long term.
IrishTxAggie
AG
diablo loco said:

IrishTxAggie said:

diablo loco said:

I'd sell some but my income tax bill for 2019 is already outrageous and I believe in them long term.
I'd rather pay the taxes on gains than run the risk of losing the gains. That's just me though.
IrishTxAggie
AG
WTF MSFT...
BenRev09
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

WTF MSFT...
Gotta be profit-taking/side-lining ahead of Fed, right?
IrishTxAggie
AG
BenRev09 said:

IrishTxAggie said:

WTF MSFT...
I guess. O&G is pricing in the rate cut right now. Every O&G stock on my watchlist is up
ProgN
IrishTxAggie said:

BenRev09 said:

IrishTxAggie said:

WTF MSFT...
I guess. O&G is pricing in the rate cut right now. Every O&G stock on my watchlist is up
https://www.cnbc.com/2019/07/31/oil-markets-us-inventories-the-fed-in-focus.html
Quote:

Oil prices rose for a fifth day on Wednesday, supported by a drop in U.S. inventories and investor expectations that the U.S. Federal Reserve will lower borrowing costs for the first time since the financial crisis more than a decade ago.

Brent crude futures, the international benchmark for oil prices, were up 60 cents at $65.31 a barrel.

U.S. West Texas Intermediate crude gained 68 cents to $58.73 a barrel.

For the month, however, both contracts were set to decline due to worries about oil demand, with Brent down 2.1% and WTI 0.03% lower.

Central bankers in the United States began their two-day meeting on Tuesday and were expected to reduce interest rates, with President Donald Trump having reiterated his call for the Fed to make a large cut.

"The move has long been anticipated and represents a double boon for oil prices on one hand it should encourage U.S. oil demand and on the other it will apply downward pressure on the dollar," PVM Oil Associates analyst Stephen Brennock said.

Crude inventories fell by 8.5 million barrels from the previous week, according to the Energy Information Administration.

"The outlook for another draw in U.S. crude inventories and renewed outages in Libya are supporting oil prices," UBS oil analyst Giovanni Staunovo said.
This is bigger than the rate cut. The buyers came in hard when it was released. I was waiting on this report.
IrishTxAggie
AG
BenRev09 said:

IrishTxAggie said:

WTF MSFT...

Now she's breaking out
mrad85
AG
Damn TWTR, I would have loved you moving like this when I had options on ya. Up almost 5%
YNWA_AG
AG
COOP back to 7.94 with earnings tomorrow
oldarmy1
AG
FB reversal breakout
oldarmy1
AG
COOP breaking 8 and making a run to $8.40-$8.50 would be telling.
ProgN
He's BACK!
mrad85
AG
Prognightmare said:

He's BACK!
IrishTxAggie
AG
Hate to sound like a broken record, but if you're not stockpiling some pork, you might wanna...

Report: China has lost nearly half its pig herd to ASF

With international pork prices just beginning to rise, Rabobank predicts economic impacts will span 5 years

Quote:

The global impact of a massive outbreak of African swine fever (ASF) in China has only just begun, according to a July report out of Rabobank in The Netherlands.

The Dutch bank estimates that China has lost about 40% of its pig herd to the disease since July 2018, with losses expected to reach 50% by the end of 2019. Some parts of China, according to Rabobank, have seen losses within range of 60% since the outbreak began.

Although some Chinese farms have already attempted to restock, these efforts have not been successful. The report anticipates that it will take at least five years for Chinese pork production to recover from the outbreak. The lack of disease prevention, as well as other challenges such as a lack of suitable land and high development costs, could further slow recovery, according to the report.
Despite decreased demand, animal feed prices are up about 10% across most producing regions, Rabobank said.

Prices for live hogs in China have increased 40% since this time last year, and Chinese pork imports are up 41%, with imports increasing from every pork-producing region except the U.S. Steep tariffs on U.S. goods, according to Rabobank, have eroded the competitiveness of U.S. pork. The bank's analysts expressed hope that rising demand would prompt China to lift at least some tariffs from U.S. products.

US sees growth in pork production

Despite these trends, the U.S. is the only pork-producing region to see growth in production in recent months. U.S. pork production is expected to increase nearly 6% by the end of the year, despite a looming labor shortage and the loss of market share to Europe and Canada.
Outside of the U.S., Rabobank reports that pork producers are wary of expansion, potentially leading to even tighter supplies and higher prices come 2020.

mrad85
AG
Last time I was in the Smithfield plant in Tar Heel NC, about 5 years ago, they were going balls to the wall even then.

They were slaughtering about 22K per day. If my memory is correct, that's about 143 truckload of hogs each day.

I'll go back and check the slaughter rates back then and see how it stacks up.

At that time, Brazil was really growing the market.

China was building a new slaughter house every year, it was insane.
topher06
How does one invest in pork as a non futures trader?
gougler08
AG
TWTR having a day
IrishTxAggie
AG
topher06 said:

How does one invest in pork as a non futures trader?

Can't really. Not many Pork producers are publicly traded. You can invest in alternative protein (chicken) because it will fill cost effective demand gaps.

These are a few mixed protein companies.
HRL - Further processed foods
Tyson - Self-explanatory
BRFS - Brazil producer. Huge in Brazil
PPC - Pilgrim's has some swine, but mostly broilers
SAFM - All Chicken
E
AG
WLL showing some life! Hopefully this uptick is a good sign for earnings this evening

*knocks on wood*
YNWA_AG
AG
YNWA_AG said:

Curious to know OA's thoughts on IWM. Looks like it Is trying to break 160 again. 72,000 open interest on 165 8/16s

Rate cuts usually bode well for small caps compared to large caps as well

Should have gone in on these. Over 100% since I mentioned it.
FriskyGardenGnome
AG
COW offers about 40% exposure to swine, the rest to cattle.
docaggie
AG
Prognightmare said:

AMD cut to hold from buy.
Bought back in at $31.

AMD has been warning that the second half would be problematic, given life cycles of consoles, for awhile now. Not sure why certain analysts are acting like it's a shock that they continued to say this.
Class of 1998;
Husband of an Aggie, Class of 1999;
Father to future Class of 2029 and 2031
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
FriskyGardenGnome
AG
TSN looks to be nearing completion on a daily triangle. Target is a 9pt move on breakout.
Colt98
AG
Any reason to look at spy put hedge before fed talks at 1?
oldarmy1
AG
Colt98 said:

Any reason to look at spy put hedge before fed talks at 1?
Maybe if markets hold up and give an initial flurry upward - then enter that hedge.
shiphunt
AG
I would follow this advice. The market will likely digest the news positively (or not much at all) as it is already priced in. Wait until we see a move up to play an eventual fade
oldarmy1
AG
TEUM looks like it has come through its destabilizing period from the hit-piece and is wanting to breakout for a move back to $4+
Colt98
AG
It seems like everything I'm in has been moving sideways the last hour...
jtmoney03
AG
I think while the cut is factored in, the market is in wait and see mode.
First Page Last Page
Page 670 of 6414

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.