Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

21,514,571 Views | 223258 Replies | Last: 6 hrs ago by Heineken-Ashi
docaggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Estimates are that 95% of people who eat a veggie burger / alternative burger are not vegetarians. There's a big push out there for a single "meatless" day per week, often as part of a green environment, cut down on greenhouse gasses from cows, kind of thing.

And yeah, nutrition wise it doesn't help on calories and the sodium is crazy high in beyond meat products.
There's a portion of this that is basically a fad. It'll be interesting to see their sales in a year or two down the line when the newness has worn off.
Class of 1998;
Husband of an Aggie, Class of 1999;
Father to future Class of 2029 and 2031
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
IrishTxAggie
AG
You also take into account that the US only makes up roughly 4.5% of the global population and this new trend is a pimple on a gnats ass in the global market. You're not replacing large quantities of livestock protein globally with plants and lab experiments.
Ragoo
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

You also take into account that the US only makes up roughly 4.5% of the global population and this new trend is a pimple on a gnats ass in the global market. You're not replacing large quantities of livestock protein globally with plants and lab experiments.
they should have figured out how to get into southern India yesterday.
IrishTxAggie
AG
That's for damn sure. Though they are starting to see strong moves to chicken, the size of the vegetarian footprint there is still absolutely massive (larger than the US population is my guess).

They'd have to rebrand it and further move the name away from something that carries so much similarity to beef.
jm94
AG
"Beyond Sacred"
george_92
mrad85 said:

TRNX how low will you go?
I sold everything at .54. I couldn't handle giving up my profits. I will wait for it to drop again and then buy back in. I think every time it starts to dip they announce another "potential" deal that causes it to shoot back to .50.
leoj
AG
Fair enough points. What percentage of beef/poultry/pork/fish consumption do we make up? Don't we eat more animal protein than the average human on earth?
cz308
Probably not a good question to ask, but here I go. For someone new getting into stocks, where should I start? What would you look for when trying to find a stock to buy into?
E
AG
cz308 said:

Probably not a good question to ask, but here I go. For someone new getting into stocks, where should I start? What would you look for when trying to find a stock to buy into?

Just follow this thread.

Get started using like a Robinhood account (like me and other newbies), don't trade too much money to start off, and enjoy the ride!
george_92
E said:

cz308 said:

Just follow this thread.

Get started using like a Robinhood account (like me and other newbies), don't trade too much money to start off, and enjoy the ride!
This place is awesome at getting good leads but the focus is more on options trading. I really like Motley Fool - www.fool.com. I don't have a lot of time to research stocks and they do a great job doing it for me. I subscribe to two of their premium services, both of which paid for themselves almost immediately - Stock Advisor and Rule Breakers. There is some overlap between the two and if I were to pick just one of them, it would be Stock Advisor.
leoj
AG
If you read articles on Seeking Alpha within the first week, they are free. Just use your best judgement on who to follow and trust and also do your own due diligence. It's a good resource for information and I've found a lot of articles that helped me and other companies to look into because an author I follow covered them at some point.
spud1910
AG
cz308 said:

As others mentioned, this thread has been incredible for me. Some very knowledgeable regulars. Options are discussed a lot, but stocks are as well. Thanks to this thread, I got long in APPL at $148, Roku at 41 and OSTK at 13.
Brewmaster
AG
spud1910 said:

cz308 said:

As others mentioned, this thread has been incredible for me. Some very knowledgeable regulars. Options are discussed a lot, but stocks are as well. Thanks to this thread, I got long in APPL at $148, Roku at 41 and OSTK at 13.
WOW, way to hit the trifecta with those 3. I did buy OSTK at 13 at least, have sold twice to bank profits and bought back in on dips.
ProgN
spud1910 said:

cz308 said:

Good job man.
spud1910
AG
BREwmaster said:

spud1910 said:

cz308 said:

WOW, way to hit the trifecta with those 3. I did buy OSTK at 13 at least, have sold twice to bank profits and bought back in on dips.
LOL, I didn't mention I also bought NIO at $6.50 and HEAR at $16.
diablo loco
the BYND valuation is strange. I'm in the I don't get it camp. I think they're on to something, but others will copy. It's not hard. What moat?
59 South
59 South
AG
Thoughts on WKHS? That stock is rollin!
badharambe
AG
badharambe said:

added/new starters:
crypto:
added-ETH - 198.00,
added-btc-9,800
chips:
new-AMD put 2/19 - 30 puts (insane volume)
pennies:
new-SHMP - .0725 - (think longs are finally washed out)
retail/services:
new-BBBY-10.7 (wash outs seem to be starting)
new-APRN-8.2 (after 2 years of sells, think price action is starting to shift from sells to short-term positive interest)
random:
new-subcy - 11.2 (starting to buy offshore oil stocks - def late to the party)
new-vstm - 1.58 (had for a while, not sure if I have stated)
weeds:
new-GTBIF-9.9
new-CGC calls 1/17/2020 - 40$ calls
added-lhsif, kshb, ithuf, alpp
watching this week:
that spy weakness: gaps to fill :
BYND (looking to buy calls for 2 weeks out, 250$)
LYFT
a lot of earnings - Buying extreme dips and selling pops

winners:
new-SHMP - .0725 - 10's
BYND, as laid out, 2 calls - total return 800%.
APRN-mid 8's-mid 9's
losers:
AMD puts (as of today, seems like they will be worthless quickly)

added/new starters:
retail/services:
added - TLRD and GME (7/30)
weeds:
new- ORHOF (today), CNAB (again, today)
watching this week:
TVIX
BW
GBTC (and btc)
Gold. Ill be shorting any major strength tomorrow (probably through DUST)

general note:
weeds and oil services / drilling are heating up. MDR seems to be a major overreaction.

Not encouraging a buy or sell here. Just being transparent and am not posting my stop loss / risk tolerance (which is different on every trade). Feel free to look at the charts and create your own plans.
ProgN
LPSN reports earnings after the close today. It's been in a steady uptrend and is at its high which generally signals a breakout. What are your thoughts or feels regarding it?
JobSecurity
AG
FYI for everyone - fed decision is at 1 central and PC at 130
ProgN
AMD cut to hold from buy.
UpstateAg
AG
GE working on the turnaround.
YNWA_AG
AG
Seeing a decent amount of price target increases

Guidance was down due to end of this console cycle. So 20% YOY growth with console sales going down significantly.
Lisa guided 2.2 billion for q4 compared to 1.42 in q4 2018.

EPYC ROME on August 7th

Seems like a buy the dip to me.
YNWA_AG
AG
COOP
Aggie_2463
AG
COOP @ $7.94..... To the moon!
IrishTxAggie
AG
Bought more 8/16 MSFT $143 at .73
tramaro1
AG
My option portfolio looks like a bag of crap, lol
E
AG
I am right there with ya.

Across the board mine is very negative
IrishTxAggie
AG
tramaro1 said:

Just save yourself a stomach ache and learn not to pay attention to your options returns for the first 45 mins of the day.
tramaro1
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

tramaro1 said:

Just save yourself a stomach ache and learn not to pay attention to your options returns for the first 45 mins of the day.

I agree with you but it's going on like 4 days now, haha.
IrishTxAggie
AG
In that case, I suggest scotch.
ProgN
YNWA_AG said:

Seeing a decent amount of price target increases

Guidance was down due to end of this console cycle. So 20% YOY growth with console sales going down significantly.
Lisa guided 2.2 billion for q4 compared to 1.42 in q4 2018.

EPYC ROME on August 7th

Seems like a buy the dip to me.
AMD has come down and flashed 2 buy signals on the way I chart stocks, but I'm waiting until the fed and market reaction before taking a new position. However, I have court today at 3 so I may miss everything.
mrad85
AG
TRNX is it worth buying down?

Somebody talk me down off the ledge
E
AG
I wouldn't. The stock is not trust worthy at all and many of us have been burned by them. Kind of a wait and see.
First Page Last Page
Page 669 of 6379

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.