Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

21,519,131 Views | 223291 Replies | Last: 22 min ago by ProgN
khkman22
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
So what happens to BYND's newly issued shares if the issue price is higher than the current stock price? Does the company hold them as issued but not outstanding as if they had done a share buyback program?

And have the current shareholder's started selling their shares, or do they have to wait until at least 8/1?
IrishTxAggie
AG
khkman22 said:

So what happens to BYND's newly issued shares if the issue price is higher than the current stock price? Does the company hold them as issued but not outstanding as if they had done a share buyback program?

And have the current shareholder's started selling their shares, or do they have to wait until at least 8/1?
The lock up period was 180 days on BYND.
khkman22
AG
But they did the secondary offering to bypass that restriction, right? At least that was my understanding of it. And by only issuing an additional 250,000 shares, but selling 3,000,000 of their own, that seems to be the reason. Not to actually raise money for the company, but to dump their shares as quickly as possible in a completely overvalued company.
EngrAg14
AG
Fed meeting start or whats causing the push up now?
IrishTxAggie
AG
Fed meeting is today and tomorrow.
ProgN
You're correct. The secondary offering does free up the original buyers to sell their stock.
IrishTxAggie
AG
Prognightmare said:

You're correct. The secondary offering does free up the original buyers to sell their stock.
Ah... I didn't actually read the secondary offering terms and I've never really followed a company like this into it.
Aggie_2463
AG
RIG and CHK Are up ~8.5% each.... oil is up 1%, wonder why the big moves today?

Been stuck in those almost want to bail on RIG at $6 lol
Aggie_2463
AG
Prognightmare said:

ryanhnc10 said:

Lots of major reversals (finally) in the o&g sector. CHK, RIG, SWN, CPE, etc all reversing hard
I was about to post this too. RIG & WLL also waking up. Lower rates help them but I wonder if the EIA number due tomorrow leaked out.
Guess I should of looked back a few posts before posting lol
one MEEN Ag
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

mrad85 said:

IrishTxAggie said:

What I'm really waiting for is the first incident of a food bacteria illness from this stuff. Because it will happen.
If Beyond wasn't so overpriced and overvalued, I could see Tyson buying them out at some point.

That ship has sailed at least for the immediate future.
Tyson had a minority share in them up until a couple weeks before the IPO. Tyson has all of their tech in-hand already and Tyson can outspend them to put them down if they so wish.

I think Tyson's blended product is a good intro for them to start putting pressure on the all-veg or lab grown stuff. Tyson can use byproduct to make their blended stuff, which can be a huge cost saver. I think there is a lot of "lets try this stuff out" going on right now and once that settles, it will hurt those companies. Most consumer reviews don't paint all that great of a picture and if you look at the nutritional values, a lot aren't any better than livestock protein.
The thing that gets me about BYND is the difference between the market perception of the product and what it actually is. Yes, its a tasty vegetarian meat substitute, but that thing is more processed than the cheapest hot dog.

In the age of rising consumer demand for eating healthy and eating fresh, that product should get serious scrutiny for all the nearly not food things in that level of processing.

IrishTxAggie
AG
Look at this nutritional facts compared to regular beef. This stuff is not healthier than beef.

mrad85
AG
TRNX how low will you go?
JobSecurity
AG
Yeah I don't get it. Are there that many vegetarians? I just can't believe there's a market for this stuff.
IrishTxAggie
AG
foleyt said:

Yeah I don't get it. Are there that many vegetarians? I just can't believe there's a market for this stuff.
Less than 2% in the USA.
khkman22
AG
Don't get me wrong, I don't blame the owners for wanting to cash out at these high prices, but if there is a 180 lockup period for a reason, then how about limiting what a secondary offering allows you to do? It doesn't make any sense at all to me that doing a secondary offering of minimal shares allows executives to bypass the 180 rule.
diablo loco
I'm curious to see ENPH earnings this afternoon. may see some fireworks.
IrishTxAggie
AG
ProgN
The insiders have more restrictions. This will free up the original investors that bought it at the IPO price from the brokerage houses.
what say you
Y'all think this reversal will last or is just a short term bump ?
ProgN
I'm expecting a selloff when the Fed comes out and it's only 25 basis point cut. The forward looking statements will be big though. JMO
Aggie_2463
AG
what say you said:

Y'all think this reversal will last or is just a short term bump ?
I'm not sure. Something has to be up when RIG is up 11.3% for the day and CHK is up almost 10%.
ProgN
AMD getting hit hard. I'm waiting on conference call.

ETA: coming back up now.
shiphunt
AG
FEYE holy ****
ProgN
AAPL beat, we should have a good open tomorrow morning. Then it will be all Fed watch.
Ragoo
AG
I was going to buy 210 calls at the close but got sidetracked on a phone call.
EngrAg14
AG
Prognightmare said:

AAPL beat, we should have a good open tomorrow morning. Then it will be all Fed watch.
Hope it shoots up from a rate cut. I'm expecting it basically goes a little higher than if no tweets had ever been made by Trump this week ~302.5 ish on SPY.

I would like to see it higher since I'm down quite a bit these last two days.
leoj
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

foleyt said:

Less than 2% in the USA.

It will keep increasing with younger people as climate change continues to be a more important issue.
Ragoo
AG
leoj said:

IrishTxAggie said:

foleyt said:

Less than 2% in the USA.

It will keep increasing with younger people as climate change continues to be a more important issue.
doubt it.
IrishTxAggie
AG
I see overall consumption increasing, but not vegetarianism itself by a massive leap. The theory that plant and lab grown protein will overtake livestock consumption in 2050 or 2060 (can't remember what the article said) is asinine IMO.
diablo loco
diablo loco said:

I'm curious to see ENPH earnings this afternoon. may see some fireworks.
fireworks to the upside. The gift that keeps giving.
ProgN
My parents own cows. Let the climate change zealots eat fake meat and bugs. I'll stay with ribeyes and brisket.
Brewmaster
AG
Prognightmare said:

My parents own cows. Let the climate change zealots eat fake meat and bugs. I'll stay with ribeyes and brisket.
Amen, and pulled pork smoked low and slow!
leoj
AG
You doubt it will increase over 2%? It's not that hard to do. Also it doesn't have to be 100% of someone's diet either.

I am definitely not thinking that vegetarian consumption will go anywhere close to livestock, but just look at what has happened with non-dairy milk options. I don't see why the same thing couldn't happen with meat.
IrishTxAggie
AG
Non-dairy 'milk' options popularity grew due the significant differences in nutritional values. These 'new meats' don't have that value offering. This is tofu 2.0

The non-dairy milk shedded huge caloric values and reduced fat and carbs. Huge selling points to the new diet trends.
Ragoo
AG
leoj said:

You doubt it will increase over 2%? It's not that hard to do. Also it doesn't have to be 100% of someone's diet either.

I am definitely not thinking that vegetarian consumption will go anywhere close to livestock, but just look at what has happened with non-dairy milk options. I don't see why the same thing couldn't happen with meat.
i doubt that the ideology of climate change will cause a significant shift in how humanity consumes its protein.
First Page Last Page
Page 668 of 6380

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.