Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,090,424 Views | 224479 Replies | Last: 6 hrs ago by sts7049
gougler08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
TWTR with the beat
JobSecurity
AG
BYND up to 242 premarket at one point, down to 235 now. Maybe we'll gap fill and run?
ProgN
FWIW Fam

Quote:

Top 10 Most Overbought Stocks Via Benzinga Pro's Screener Tool For Thu., July 25, 2019
1:49 pm ET July 25, 2019 (Benzinga) Print
1. Micron Technology (MU)
2. Rekor Systems (REKR)
3. Caesars Entertainment Corp (CZR)
4. Western Digital Corp (WDC)
5. Acasti Pharma (ACST)
6. Melco Resorts & Entertainment (MLCO)
7. NovoCure Ltd. (NVCR)
8. Sirius XM (SIRI)
9. Texas Instruments (TXN)
10. Applied Materials (AMAT)
ProgN
BREwmaster said:

not sure if you saw this on Stocktwits... I don't know enough about the company to comment. I'm not a fan though of Canadian cannabis companies, most are not turning profits or are trading way over value (Canopy is the prime example). Whereas the U.S. companies have massive growth and profit potential.

Buy CURLF on the next dip, it won't be cheap for long.

Quote:

Curaleaf says it has removed all CBD product claims that FDA said were non-compliant
Today 8:37 AM ET (MarketWatch)
Print

Massachusetts-based cannabis company Curaleaf Holdings Inc. said Friday it has responded to a warning letter from the U.s. Food and Drug Administration and removed all statements about its CBD-based products that the agency said were not in compliance with its rules. The FDA cracked down on the company earlier this week for marketing products that it claimed could treat a range of serious diseases, including Alzheimer's disease and cancer. "Upon receiving the letter, Curaleaf Hemp, the Company's hemp-based CBD product line, immediately began an extensive review of its website and social media platforms to remove all statements that FDA identified as non-compliant," the company said. "This includes removing the Curaleaf Hemp blog, and the third-party links in it, and removing any statements and social media posts to which FDA had taken exception." The company further informed the FDA that some of the products had already been discontinued. "Our industry needs, wants and appreciates the work the FDA is doing to ensure there is regulation and compliance in the CBD marketplace," said Chief Executive Joseph Lusardi. The stock was not active premarket, but has fallen 27% in the last three months, while the ETFMG Alternative Harvest ETF (MJ) has fallen 19.5% and the S&P 500 has gained 2.2%.
Colt98
AG
Could someone please explain how jnpr could be up over .75 this morning and the options drop almost 50%.
chubbs07
AG
what is the thought on the JNPR - Aug 16 $29 calls? should we take this opportunity to average down? or hold? in at .41, but it is currently sitting at .18
YNWA_AG
AG
Earnings IV
Colt98
AG
So yesterday when jnpr was over 27 the options were close to .60. Today they are .10??
Ridge14
IV Crush?
Colt98
AG
Please explain IV crush.
Pignorant
AG
Theta?
shiphunt
AG
Earnings pop was part of the premium. Now that earnings are announced, implied volatility in the stock (and thus the value of the option) is down. Not an expert by any means but I think I'm getting that right?
rgag12
AG
Colt98 said:

Could someone please explain how jnpr could be up over .75 this morning and the options drop almost 50%.

Did it just announce earnings? Options always shoot up right before earnings are announced and then after earnings, WHOOSH! The premiums drop like a ton of bricks.

That's why I rarely ever buy options right before earnings. The sellers will win that encounter 7 out of 10 times it seems like. You need a massive move in order to be profitable if you buy an option right before earnings and then trade it soon after.
Colt98
AG
Well that hurt. Well now the stock has to get to 28.5 to break even.
IrishTxAggie
AG
Colt98 said:

Options are the craps of the stock market
JobSecurity
AG
W (Wayfair) dropping with a 10 pt gap to fill. Hope it gets there today but that would be a big move

Edit as soon as I posted this it reversed of course
WestTexAg12
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

Colt98 said:

Options are the craps of the stock market

So now what? It's at .05 right now.
"Give me an army of West Point graduates and I'll win a battle. Give me a handful of Texas Aggies, and I'll win the war.”
- General George S. Patton
IrishTxAggie
AG
It's up to you. The bid is only at .03 on the 29s seems hardly worth selling and just chancing it for 3wks. That's my belief at least
ProgN

I going to ride the stock, not options. Dan has been really good about these things.
shiphunt
AG
Sometimes the best way to learn is to jump in the game, but I would advise the new guys to really try to understand what you are getting into before hopping on an OA train and hoping for the best.

Do your own DD on top of the recs (especially when it comes to options)
ProgN
I'd be looking at selling covered calls now if you're long stock. JMO
Aggie_2463
AG
You're my boy COOP! Low low volume but up to $7.62 this morning....We need that handle to start forming
Brewmaster
AG
thanks for the info... CURLF up today on the news.
YNWA_AG
AG
Did some quick research on intel's earnings and how it relates to AMD.
PC segment down YOY
Servers down YOY
ASP (average selling price) up YOY

December quarter margin guidance is lower than normal, showing more evidence of AMDs 7NM advantage.

Intel also confirmed 10nm server chips by next year

Also intel repurchased 67 million shares last quarter
spud1910
AG
BYND is making me dizzy.
ProgN
spud1910 said:

BYND is making me dizzy.

Brewmaster
AG
OSTK with intraday cup and handle, flirting with 20 now

a cup and handle is not time specific right? I feel like I just learned something (being able to see it in the chart).
jtmoney03
AG
Is there a good play on the TMUS / S merger getting approved today? I got in on TMUS 8/2 $84 calls this morning at .97 and they are at 1.71 right now. Just not sure if I should be ready to hop out or if I should be playing S as well. Any thoughts?
khkman22
AG
Prognightmare said:

spud1910 said:

BYND is making me dizzy.

BS! It's a $1,000 stock!
oldarmy1
AG
COOP $7.81. Buyers down at $7.15 area can be well into the green against any previous buys now.
oldarmy1
AG
Watch JNPR for an explosion move over next week.
Aggie_2463
AG
oldarmy1 said:

COOP $7.81. Buyers down at $7.15 area can be well into the green against any previous buys now.

I'm avg in at 7.80.... time to fly little birdie
oldarmy1
AG
Trying to read deeper into this China regulation initiative. Obviously that news hitting absolutely shut down a big move that was coming on JD. I took profits on options and placed covered calls until some clarity is achieved.
oldarmy1
AG
Aggie_2463 said:

oldarmy1 said:

I'm avg in at 7.80.... time to fly little birdie
EAGLE!!!!
spud1910
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Trying to read deeper into this China regulation initiative. Obviously that news hitting absolutely shut down a big move that was coming on JD. I took profits on options and placed covered calls until some clarity is achieved.
Think a good idea to close out September JD calls?
First Page Last Page
Page 664 of 6414

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.