Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,100,292 Views | 224562 Replies | Last: 23 min ago by jagvocate
YNWA_AG
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
What would you do with shares that I can't place covered calls on
oldarmy1
AG
spud1910 said:

oldarmy1 said:

Trying to read deeper into this China regulation initiative. Obviously that news hitting absolutely shut down a big move that was coming on JD. I took profits on options and placed covered calls until some clarity is achieved.
Think a good idea to close out September JD calls?
I really don't know now. The certainty that was there is now foggy and a good % gain had occurred so I personally closed them out.
oldarmy1
AG
YNWA_AG said:

What would you do with shares that I can't place covered calls on
On JD? Sheesh that's a tough one becasuse it could shake it off and big money use this pause to shoot upward after a day or two. Waters were "dive right in" crystal clear and China took a massive dump in them.
oldarmy1
AG
MArkets are melting up
oldarmy1
AG
MSFT calls $1.40....they will accelerate with any move up from here
spud1910
AG
oldarmy1 said:

spud1910 said:

oldarmy1 said:

Trying to read deeper into this China regulation initiative. Obviously that news hitting absolutely shut down a big move that was coming on JD. I took profits on options and placed covered calls until some clarity is achieved.
Think a good idea to close out September JD calls?
I really don't know now. The certainty that was there is now foggy and a good % gain had occurred so I personally closed them out.
I did too. Nice gain regardless.
oldarmy1
AG
3027 S&P
AgShaun00
AG
how does okta look in the short term?
EngrAg14
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Needing this a ton. Kept putting money into MSFT only to watch it float away!
Gotta learn to hold more has TWTR, SNAP, NFLX and DIS calls but sold them all otherwise would be nearly 300% right now

Lesson learned. Hold out and choose long expirations to not worry about fluctuations!
Brewmaster
AG
DIS looking like cup and handle over last 10 days...working on the handle bit.
Ragoo
AG
EngrAg14 said:

oldarmy1 said:

Gotta learn to hold more has TWTR, SNAP, NFLX and DIS calls but sold them all otherwise would be nearly 300% right now

Lesson learned. Hold out and choose long expirations to not worry about fluctuations!
i am trying to be patient and diligent. Buy at the money for the following week. Price moves up with the stock but time prevents the rapid decline in the short term if the trade begins to work against you.

I tried chasing nflx today early and sold at like a 40% loss only to then watch it climb the rest of the day. The mistake here is buying the daily expiring option meant a small movement in the price was a big movement in the option.

Had I bought the 8/2 I would have had time to sit and watch but I felt like I needed to protect at least half of the premium.

All in all still up for the week a good chunk but still learning and fighting mistakes.
EngrAg14
AG
Ragoo said:

EngrAg14 said:

oldarmy1 said:

i am trying to be patient and diligent. Buy at the money for the following week. Price moves up with the stock but time prevents the rapid decline in the short term if the trade begins to work against you.

I tried chasing nflx today early and sold at like a 40% loss only to then watch it climb the rest of the day. The mistake here is buying the daily expiring option meant a small movement in the price was a big movement in the option.

Had I bought the 8/2 I would have had time to sit and watch but I felt like I needed to protect at least half of the premium.

All in all still up for the week a good chunk but still learning and fighting mistakes.

That's the thing I had bought 8/2, 8/9 and 8/16 depending on the option
Its just hard to see 10-20% down and not freak at least for me.
Been trying to play smarter now that I feel good about what I'm seeing but still doing some thing I've always done. Just waiting for a tweet to ruin or make this, I believe the chine deal is more important than a rate decrease at the momenta
Ragoo
AG
Are you using indicators to help with determining direction?
tlepoC
AG
I hate Robinhood autoselling options an hour before market close. The algos clearly take that into consideration.
IrishTxAggie
AG
Won't do it if you've got the money to cover the options.

One of the chances you take when you use RH for options.
oldarmy1
AG
Might short AMZN. We just identified a bonafide DDoS attack in Honduras as being them having issues and flooding the internet.
EngrAg14
AG
Yes.
It's literally my gut vs the economic indicators and research I've done.

Which is cruddy since I've been doing pretty well if I hadn't pulled stuff out so far.
Especially since about late May. Timing thing right before bounces up or down.
george_92
oldarmy1 said:

Might short AMZN. We just identified a bonafide DDoS attack in Honduras as being them having issues and flooding the internet.

I think even without this attack there is not going to be a big move up for some time here. GOOG on the other hand might make a good long term move upwards.
Colt98
AG
OA, any chance you could give me a quick technical reason to how/why JNPR options tanked this morning as the stock was up over a buck at opening. I don't think I've ever had a trade do this with there being so much time left on the aug 16 options.
JobSecurity
AG
Premium increased prior to earnings and eroded after they reported. So even though it moved in the right direction the gain from underlying price increasing wasn't enough to overcome the premium decay
oldarmy1
AG
Colt98 said:

OA, any chance you could give me a quick technical reason to how/why JNPR options tanked this morning as the stock was up over a buck at opening. I don't think I've ever had a trade do this with there being so much time left on the aug 16 options.

Options inflate ahead of earnings because people trade both sides. Once earnings are out all the extra premium is sucked out.
JobSecurity
AG

Can someone with more knowledge of o&g employment tell me if this is something that would be part of an employment contract? Or is this really an outside party?
ProgN
BYND reports earnings after the close. That should be fun to watch.
IrishTxAggie
AG
Adding more MSFT down here?
Aggie_2463
AG
I should of taken 10% profit on NIO
JobSecurity
AG
Bought TGT $88 weeklies. At the bottom of the bull flag range - move back to the top would be 2.5-3x. stop out under the flag bottom
TheCougarHunter
AG
Anyone know what's going on with SHOP?
jmcfar_98
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

E said:

NIO dropping with TSLA news...

I'm ok with this if I can nab some more of the 1/21 $5 for under $.7
Getting closer
UpstateAg
AG
Is anyone else interested in southwestern energy at this price? Or RRC?
IrishTxAggie
AG
JD daily support appears to be found around 30.8. Thinking about some 31.5 weeklys
Ragoo
AG
You guys are quite today. Market must be ugly.
IrishTxAggie
AG
Ragoo said:

You guys are quite today. Market must be ugly.
My options account looks like sheet right now...
UpstateAg
AG
Still waiting to sell some calls. Not in a hurry. Got a few companies to study though.
Brewmaster
AG
Prognightmare said:

BYND reports earnings after the close. That should be fun to watch.
some are already jumping from that ship... rumor is to OSTK - which is killing it today (holding over 21).

I sold last week on a high, now looking for a dip to re-enter.
Aggie_2463
AG
OSTK up to $21.45
First Page Last Page
Page 665 of 6417

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.