Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,099,912 Views | 224561 Replies | Last: 4 hrs ago by ProgN
aggie_fan13
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
CavitationAG said:

Does anyone here follow Under Armour? Curious to what the board thinks of it as a buy and hold candidate. I've had it watchlisted for a while but have never owned any.
was following it for about a year and a half I think it's peak was around $80 has been on decline ever since
Bocephus
AG
Bought more TWTR at 15.64
ebdb_bnb
Summary of Berkshire's YE 2016 13F

Didn't verify for 100% accuracy but spot checked a few. Largest increases in AAPL and the airlines. Opened a position in SIRI which i find interesting.
One Tooth Man
CRC reports tomorrow. Down on low volume the last few days. 30% shorts as of 1/31. If a great report, it will take a while to cover. But it must be a strong beat on Revenue AND Earnings. We'll see.
Joseph Parrish
AG
One Tooth Man said:

CRC reports tomorrow. Down on low volume the last few days. 30% shorts as of 1/31. If a great report, it will take a while to cover. But it must be a strong beat on Revenue AND Earnings. We'll see.
We've had volume support kick it when the price gets close to $18 and have been as high as $22 a couple of times this year.
Bocephus
AG
Writing $TWTR covered calls at 17
cgh1999
AG
Been buying and selling calls on BAC since October. With expectations of Fed raising rates, this has been the easiest money I've ever made. Balls aren't big enough to brag, but I've more than tripled and have taken my money and a small profit off the table. Playing with house money now. Content with 25-35% gains, I sell and wait 3-4 days for a pull back and jump back in.

With an anticipated March rate raise and more to come, I expect BAC to reach $30 by year end.
Joseph Parrish
AG
Bought CRC today just before close. I know we hit our production target. We'll find out about other metrics, but I expect it to swing back positive back into the more recent trading range.

We'll see what happens.
One Tooth Man
TRUE looks to be setting up a short squeeze right now. Watch this one as well.
Bobaloo
Just a lurker but I find the analysis fascinating. Keep 'em coming!
Ernest Tucker
AG
redsox34 said:

Its approaching channel support and a 30 RSI. looking to hold around 2 months.

Got in at 7.33

T&P's
Heisenberg01
AG
brd79 said:

redsox34 said:

Its approaching channel support and a 30 RSI. looking to hold around 2 months.

Got in at 7.33

T&P's

Unfortunately I figured it would turn out this way for him and tried to caution.
Post removed:
by user
cgh1999
AG
SheriffBarclay said:

cgh1999 said:

Been buying and selling calls on BAC since October. With expectations of Fed raising rates, this has been the easiest money I've ever made. Balls aren't big enough to brag, but I've more than tripled and have taken my money and a small profit off the table. Playing with house money now. Content with 25-35% gains, I sell and wait 3-4 days for a pull back and jump back in.

With an anticipated March rate raise and more to come, I expect BAC to reach $30 by year end.

What strike price and date?

Right now I'm holding the June '17 - $16 calls. Up 32% this morning. Every time I sell, I try to buy at least $4-$5 below current price and at least three months out.
3rd and 2
AG
cgh1999 said:

SheriffBarclay said:

cgh1999 said:

What strike price and date?

Right now I'm holding the June '17 - $16 calls. Up 32% this morning. Every time I sell, I try to buy at least $4-$5 below current price and at least three months out.

Are you buying in the money calls?
Post removed:
by user
cgh1999
AG
That is correct. At least $4 ITM, if not more.
62strat
AG
What's the board's long term outlook on amzn? I'm kicking myself for not getting in back in in previous years.. I don't want to be kicking myself again in 5+ years. Considering buying about 20 shares, with a long term hold.
Joseph Parrish
AG
62strat said:

What's the board's long term outlook on amzn? I'm kicking myself for not getting in back in in previous years.. I don't want to be kicking myself again in 5+ years. Considering buying about 20 shares, with a long term hold.

I think it's got room to grow. Amazon Prime is amazing. I use it all the time, but only started in the last year or so. I don't own any stock, so I'm in the same boat as you. I just think this will steal business from every store in every city. There no real limit to what they can offer.
62strat
AG
It's grown 1300% 8 years ago this month. It would be nice to sitting on 10x+ growth in another 8-10 years if I plop a chunk of change on it.
3rd and 2
AG
Sell PUTs on AMZN deep out of the money on Margin. Works really well.
Post removed:
by user
3rd and 2
AG
JJMt said:

Maroon Stormtrooper said:

How deep?
If I had the money, I'd wait until AMZN had a bad day (1.5 to 2% drop or more or a 1 month low) then sell puts with strike price $15 to $20 lower than the current stock price. Sell 'em for May 19th expiration, that's the next options chain after earnings come out on April 27th. You get more money selling options that expire after earnings. Don't sell your puts on margin the first few cycles until you get the hang of it, have the cash to back it all up. Buy the puts back when they hit 50%-60% profit.
Post removed:
by user
3rd and 2
AG
Yes, I got stuck with some AMZN stock the other day. Sometimes your puts don't give you maximum profit, but if they don't you get stock at a cheap(ish) price! I sold some $880 calls on AMZN when it climbed back up to $800. It's ~$850 now. When/if it hits $880 I'll buy back my calls and sell my stock. With profit earned on the stock get I can start selling puts all over again!

62strat
AG

JJMt said:

How deep?
If I had the money, I'd wait until AMZN had a bad day (1.5 to 2% drop or more or a 1 month low) then sell puts with strike price $15 to $20 lower than the current stock price. Sell 'em for May 19th expiration, that's the next options chain after earnings come out on April 27th. You get more money selling options that expire after earnings. Don't sell your puts on margin the first few cycles until you get the hang of it, have the cash to back it all up. Buy the puts back when they hit 50%-60% profit.
AMZN down 1+% today, down 2.5% since yesterday AM.
3rd and 2
AG
62strat said:

JJMt said:

How deep?

Do eet!
62strat
AG

62strat said:

JJMt said:

How deep?

Do eet!
I know nothing about puts and calls.

I pulled the trigger, 20 shares acquired. Long term hold.
3rd and 2
AG
62strat said:

62strat said:

JJMt said:

How deep?

Do eet!

If you have the inclination to learn, there's some really well put together videos on dough.com that will teach you options trading.
62strat
AG

62strat said:

62strat said:

JJMt said:

How deep?

Do eet!

If you have the inclination to learn, there's some really well put together videos on dough.com that will teach you options trading.
Yeh I do for sure, just since reading your comment, I watched a few calls/puts for dummies videos. I think I pretty much get the gist. But I realize I don't have capability to do options in my fidelity account.. I guess because it's all ira/roth ira?

Do I have to just add cash to fidelity as if it were just a bank account? The only time I've ever added money to fidelity it was to a ira/roth ira. (among all my previous 401k rollovers, some trad. some roth)

3rd and 2
AG
There's a way you can add options trading to even your IRA. Account Features, brokerage & trading, options. You can do options trading in your IRA but not margin.
Dobre casy
AG
Great thread! So good in fact I now have a sizable tax bill from my realized gains this year. Question on the tax side...do I need to start making estimated quarterly tax payments if I have large gains throughout the year? Curious how the frequent traders handle the tax impact.
Seven Costanza
AG
My understanding is that you don't need to make estimated tax payments as long as your tax paid this year thus far is 110% of your total tax paid last year (or 100% if AGI is less than $150k).

So let's say you paid $50k in income taxes last year and this year you paid in just $55k despite having a $100k short term capital gain from a great move. You're in the clear even though you're going to owe like $30k, because your $55k paid is 110% of last year's bill.
One Tooth Man
Oclaro at 8.50 looks like a great trade. Any takers?
Dobre casy
AG
Thanks Seven!
First Page Last Page
Page 65 of 6417

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.