Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

23,983,393 Views | 231558 Replies | Last: 4 min ago by ProgN
Brewmaster
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Sadly no, we only ended up eating out dinner a few times. The fresh baguettes and croissants were heavenly and our hotel had a hearty breakfast. I did have tartare and escargot a couple times, neither disappointed!

Bike tour of Versailles was probably my favorite!
ProgN
El_duderino said:

Been meaning to check this one out. The irony of having John Cena play the imaginary friend is gold
Surprisingly, he's very good in that movie.
jagvocate
AG
Since man landed on the moon: gold wins

bigtoneag
AG
Does that include stocks paying dividends?
flashplayer
AG
Anyone follow RUSHB (Rush Enterprises)? I noticed they've dropped 20% recently, and the last several years anytime it has a drop like that it comes back nicely. I know it's not an ideal interest rate or political environment for the commercial vehicle industry, just wondering what some of you wiser investors see when you look at that one.
flashplayer
AG
Also for those following MARA they came out yesterday forecasting a doubling of their hash rate by year end.
nortex97
AG
They sure have had a rough year so far but I have no idea why it is down that far. Freight recession they cited as a concern but really that business is pretty profitable/stable imho. I must be missing something, will watch it for a bit/take a more detailed eye than mine to see if the wave patterns might be promising soon.

Thx for posting.
I bleed maroon
AG
bigtoneag said:

Does that include stocks paying dividends?
This is the key question. Goldbugs conveniently like to exclude this factor when doing comparisons.

Since 1970, the S&P returned around 7.5% annually, but with dividends reinvested, it's about 10.5%.

Any chart that doesn't use total returns is flawed.

I'm not a goldbug, but I do hold GLD, s couple miners, and some physical gold - - point is, it's a good part of an overall portfolio, but anyone making a binary choice between the S&P and gold is likely doing themselves a disservice.
giddings_ag_06
AG
flashplayer said:

Also for those following MARA they came out yesterday forecasting a doubling of their hash rate by year end.
so what does that mean?
flashplayer
AG
In my simple mind it means despite the recent bitcoin halving, their bitcoin mining reward should end up staying consistent with pre-halving minus the added utility cost. But Im not really a bitcoin aficionado so that is probably a very over simplified view.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
bmoochie said:

Did you end up buying meta at $400 AH yesterday? If so that's looking to be a very wise choice

I missed it, did not expect it to hit it that quickly and for such a short time.

Not mad though, did well with GOOGL.
Ragoo
AG
flashplayer said:

Anyone follow RUSHB (Rush Enterprises)? I noticed they've dropped 20% recently, and the last several years anytime it has a drop like that it comes back nicely. I know it's not an ideal interest rate or political environment for the commercial vehicle industry, just wondering what some of you wiser investors see when you look at that one.
good company based in New Braunfels Texas
texagbeliever
XOM has held 117 the last few times it has hit there. Let's see if that holds today.
Spoony Love
AG
SPY bumping 509 or close to it several times this morning seems to indicate it will get through with enough time left today. If so, I'll be shopping for puts next week.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Bought some TQQQ on the dip, looking pretty good right now. (Avg cost 51.52)

Stop at 53.15, target 64.
AgShaun00
AG
Silver shorts are down 5B/Gold shorts are down 17B in the last 6 weeks. Wow
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Not sure what to do with my NVDA at the moment. I have a small profit after the sharp recovery this week, but not sure if I want to continue holding into earnings or not. Big risk.

Thoughts?
McInnis 03
AG
Had an amazing morning, yet it could have been SO much better.

AVGO entered the 1350C at 2.55ea (2). Sold 1 at 5.10, rode the other all the way up to 13, but didn't execute the close until things started to infer pullback at 5.

NVDA entered the 900c at .12ea (10). Sold half at the double, and then fed the ducks for the rest in the .30's even though these went to 1.00 for a quick sec.

Entered SQ 75c at .55, out at .69 and these also went to 1.00+

Had an inconsequential gain on SPX 5130c's that was poorly executed and small gain on MSFT up AND down.

Small losses on GOOGL and TQQQ. GOOGL was a loser from entry and TQQQ could have been good but I was too busy on other trades.

All in all, good gains in the account today but refined execution will make these better in the near future.

Hope y'all are doing well today. 4 green days in a row for me. The rust is shaking off.
Brewmaster
AG
I'd probably just set a reasonable stop and hold. Tons of big buys on call side today, could be a runner next week too
McInnis 03
AG
McInnis 03 said:

Had an amazing morning, yet it could have been SO much better.

AVGO entered the 1350C at 2.55ea (2). Sold 1 at 5.10, rode the other all the way up to 13, but didn't execute the close until things started to infer pullback at 5.

NVDA entered the 900c at .12ea (10). Sold half at the double, and then fed the ducks for the rest in the .30's even though these went to 1.00 for a quick sec.

Entered SQ 75c at .55, out at .69 and these also went to 1.00+

Had an inconsequential gain on SPX 5130c's that was poorly executed and small gain on MSFT up AND down.

Small losses on GOOGL and TQQQ. GOOGL was a loser from entry and TQQQ could have been good but I was too busy on other trades.

All in all, good gains in the account today but refined execution will make these better in the near future.

Hope y'all are doing well today. 4 green days in a row for me. The rust is shaking off.
For the record, the method working best for me as of late is Ripster EMA clouds + repeatable setups.
texagbeliever
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Not sure what to do with my NVDA at the moment. I have a small profit after the sharp recovery this week, but not sure if I want to continue holding into earnings or not. Big risk.

Thoughts?
Upside is what 20% (unless you think earnings set it up at an all time high).
Downside is probably also closer to 20-25%.

Earnings is over a month away so I don't see a macro move that captures the upside between now and say May 15th. Maybe only half of it. I could see macro moves to the downside that might shake you out of your position before earnings.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I'm dumb. Mixed up SMCI's earnings date with NVDA.

Sticking with my targets of 950 and 1000, will probably set a stop at 800 and a re-entry at 760.
EngrAg14
AG
texagbeliever said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

Thoughts?
Upside is what 20% (unless you think earnings set it up at an all time high).
Downside is probably also closer to 20-25%.

Earnings is over a month away so I don't see a macro move that captures the upside between now and say May 15th. Maybe only half of it. I could see macro moves to the downside that might shake you out of your position before earnings.

Larger this whole upward movement has been AI burst from NVDA. I could see it be a much larger drop as the market momentum will likely carry it down.
texagbeliever
I get the feeling that NVDA is being priced like a Microsoft or Apple style of company and not a chip manufacturer. The difference is that Microsoft and Apple created captive audiences while Nvidia is just one disruptive entrant away from losing significant market share. Not saying that is likely, but I think people call Nvidia a "tech company" and compare to those two. I think a similar thing happened to Tesla, it wasn't a car manufacturer it was a tech company. But it was always vulnerable to upcoming competition in ways that Microsoft and Apple aren't.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I guess if someone besides Nvidia can do DLSS.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Would be great to see TNA break through 36.
ProgN
texagbeliever said:

I get the feeling that NVDA is being priced like a Microsoft or Apple style of company and not a chip manufacturer. The difference is that Microsoft and Apple created captive audiences while Nvidia is just one disruptive entrant away from losing significant market share. Not saying that is likely, but I think people call Nvidia a "tech company" and compare to those two. I think a similar thing happened to Tesla, it wasn't a car manufacturer it was a tech company. But it was always vulnerable to upcoming competition in ways that Microsoft and Apple aren't.

Hold up there chief. You need to read up on NVDA's "Blackwell" software that runs their new chips. It's proprietary and subscription based, thus recurring revenue streams.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
NVDA trying for 900 today?
texagbeliever
I will take up your advice. Thank you for the information.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Market seems determined to keep AAPL below 170 for some reason.
ProgN
Brian Earl Spilner said:

NVDA trying for 900 today?

Live shot of McInnis if it does.
TX04Aggie
AG
Yes, please.
MAS444
AG
Anyone have any thoughts on ROKU going forward? I've already cut some losses...but wondering if I should cut all? Not even gonna say what my cost basis is...
EliteZags
AG
anyone playing Sofi Mon AM earnings
EnronAg
AG
well, bye bye GOOG shares...sold cc's...and boy, it blew thru those suckers...these earnings moves are massive...was really the marginal beats and a tiny dividend worth $200B in market cap?
First Page Last Page
Page 6417 of 6616

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.