Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,697,873 Views | 227351 Replies | Last: 57 min ago by Ragoo
El_duderino
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Finally broke past $498.53
ProgN
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

S&P trying to hit $5000 this week...

Now it's stuck between 4998 and 4999.68...
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Guess it's not happening today.
EnronAg
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

prolly gonna happen on a stupid 2:59 candle...
ProgN
This is like going to Vegas but you left all your money at the house.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
We got a tug of war going on...
ProgN
ProgN
Ag CPA
AG
Scott Wapner is driving my nuts with the 5000 crap, hope we drop 10% now just to shut him up.
ProgN
BOOM
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
EnronAg said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

prolly gonna happen on a stupid 2:59 candle...

I bleed maroon
AG
ProgN
What news came out that would cause FSLY to spike AH? TIA
92Ag95
AG
ProgN said:

techno-ag said:

confucius_ag said:

ProgN said:

No Decline in Cognition Scores in Patients with Mild Alzheimer's Disease Who Received Simufilam Continuously For 24 Months | Cassava Sciences, Inc.
Quote:

AUSTIN, Texas, Feb. 07, 2024 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Cassava Sciences, Inc. (Nasdaq: SAVA), a biotechnology company, today reported top-line results of a two-year clinical safety study of simufilam, an investigational oral drug for the proposed treatment of Alzheimer's disease dementia. The study enrolled over 200 patients with mild to moderate Alzheimer's and consisted of two open-label treatment phases and a randomized, placebo-controlled withdrawal phase. Average changes in ADAS-Cog scores, baseline to month 24, indicate the following:

Patients with mild Alzheimer's disease who received simufilam treatment continuously for two years (n=47) had no decline in ADAS-Cog scores ( 1.51 SE) as a group.

Patients with mild Alzheimer's who received simufilam treatment non-continuously (n=40) declined 1 point on ADAS-Cog ( 1.65 SE) as a group. Non-continuous treatment consisted of one year on open-
label drug, six months on placebo and six months back on open-label drug.

In patients with mild Alzheimer's, the largest separation between the continuous and non-continuous treatment groups occurred at the end of the 6-month randomized, placebo-controlled withdrawal phase.

Patients with moderate Alzheimer's who received simufilam treatment continuously for two years (n=32) declined 11.05 points on ADAS-Cog ( 1.91 SE) as a group.

"We're fighting Alzheimer's disease by testing simufilam, a new type of drug that has a completely different mechanism of action from monoclonal antibody drug treatments," said Remi Barbier, President & CEO. "Stable ADAS-Cog scores over 2 years is clearly a desirable clinical outcome in Alzheimer's. Our data in mild patients may emphasize the importance of treating patients early in the disease."

Is 200 patients large enough of a sample size to be significant?
Beware. Lots of questions about that research. Read at the link if interested in learning more. I'll give summary paragraphs:

https://www.science.org/content/article/potential-fabrication-research-images-threatens-key-theory-alzheimers-disease

Quote:

In August 2021, Matthew Schrag, a neuroscientist and physician at Vanderbilt University, got a call that would plunge him into a maelstrom of possible scientific misconduct. A colleague wanted to connect him with an attorney investigating an experimental drug for Alzheimer's disease called Simufilam. The drug's developer, Cassava Sciences, claimed it improved cognition, partly by repairing a protein that can block sticky brain deposits of the protein amyloid beta (A), a hallmark of Alzheimer's. The attorney's clientstwo prominent neuroscientists who are also short sellers who profit if the company's stock fallsbelieved some research related to Simufilam may have been "fraudulent," according to a petition later filed on their behalf with the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA).

Schrag, 37, a softspoken, nonchalantly rumpled junior professor, had already gained some notoriety by publicly criticizing the controversial FDA approval of the anti-A drug Aduhelm. His own research also contradicted some of Cassava's claims. He feared volunteers in ongoing Simufilam trials faced risks of side effects with no chance of benefit.

So he applied his technical and medical knowledge to interrogate published images about the drug and its underlying science-for which the attorney paid him $18,000. He identified apparently altered or duplicated images in dozens of journal articles. The attorney reported many of the discoveries in the FDA petition, and Schrag sent all of them to the National Institutes of Health (NIH), which had invested tens of millions of dollars in the work. (Cassava denies any misconduct [see sidebar, below].)

That came out years ago and investigate by the FDA. The FDA didn't find any reason to shutdown SAVA and allowed them to proceed with phase III human trials. It had all signs of attack financed by a big short seller and/or competitor developing their own Alz treatment.
100% of FUD has been de-bunked. Naked Short Sellers are in a heap of trouble with this and there's no way out for them. Retail has done their dd and are not selling. The squeeze on this will make the gamestop squeeze look like a nickel on the sidewalk.
ProgN
Agreed and I hope they lose everything.
lck90
AG
Thanks, guys, for the calls on POWL, MARA, and others. You've helped make us some money for sure. If I could buy you a beer, I'd do it in a heartbeat!
EliteZags
AG
any PLTR'ers follow Amit's channel?

got a shoutout this morning after yesterday's 9 hour marathon livestream:

consistent easy to follow market coverage/analysis with heavy PLTR focus
confucius_ag
AG
EliteZags said:

any PLTR'ers follow Amit's channel?

got a shoutout this morning after yesterday's 9 hour marathon livestream:

consistent easy to follow market coverage/analysis with heavy PLTR focus
I follow him. He does a really good job putting together PLTR news that I never would have seen otherwise. Some of the guys on there are hard to listen to but he does an overall good job.
Whitehouse Road
AG
ProgN said:

What news came out that would cause FSLY to spike AH? TIA

NET earnings maybe?
Heineken-Ashi
lck90 said:

Thanks, guys, for the calls on POWL, MARA, and others. You've helped make us some money for sure. If I could buy you a beer, I'd do it in a heartbeat!
I'll take a

joekm3
AG
PLTR, MARA, POWL, CORZQ (now CORZ, CORZW, and CORZZ)...Thanks!

ARM - my bad...did not research yesterday and missed out, but that does not discount the fact that the recommendation was on the table!

What's next?
ProgN
joekm3 said:

ARM - my bad...did not research yesterday and missed out, but that does not discount the fact that the recommendation was on the table!

What's next?
I'm zeroing in on FSLY. They report earnings next Wednesday after the close and they look like they're about to breakout.
Heineken-Ashi
joekm3 said:

What's next?
Pull up the ACAD chart and tell me it doesn't look like PLTR right before earnings.
tlh3842
AG
Thinking of scooping up more? Pretty nice run today. I got in when you said jump.
ProgN
Heineken-Ashi said:

joekm3 said:

What's next?
Pull up the ACAD chart and tell me it doesn't look like PLTR right before earnings.
I love it when you talk dirty.
ProgN
tlh3842 said:

Thinking of scooping up more? Pretty nice run today. I got in when you said jump.
Yes, but haven't decided definitively yet.
El_duderino
Heineken-Ashi
If FSLY is going to go up, it's got a date with $30. The threat here and what separates it from POWL and PLTR is that it's heading into earnings overbought with indicators running hot. Even the weekly. PLTR and POWL had reset indicators prior to earnings. Not saying it won't pop. It just makes me more cautious.
TheVarian
AG
Speaking of ARM
trip98
AG
not trading per se but know you all will have good suggestions

have some cash in roth with Schwab (thanks TDA for selling out!!) but not wanting to invest/trade it. just want to park it in something so it gets at least SOME interest. What's safest option so I hopefully get 3-5% instead of zero?

TIA
aggies4life
AG
Look for a high yield savings.

When I was looking cit was one of the top ones. Not sure now compared to others but a Quick Look says right now it's 5.05% APY with their plat saving with $5,000+
txaggie_08
AG
Just buy SWVXX in your IRA.
Number Monkey
AG
You can buy CD's through Scwab at various maturities and varios banks if all you're looking for is interest. Their money market fund is even at like 4%
jamey
AG
I've been buying TSM the last 2 weeks since I missed the train on NVDA. So far so good
First Page Last Page
Page 6305 of 6496

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.