Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,871,473 Views | 227636 Replies | Last: 3 hrs ago by EliteZags
Brewmaster
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Wow, that's been bouncing around below $30 since March of '21. and a juicy gap back to almost $45.

only thing that gives me caution is, it's a bio.
Heineken-Ashi
Brewmaster said:

Wow, that's been bouncing around below $30 since March of '21. and a juicy gap back to almost $45.

Yup. Always risks. But with bios, they are at the whims of market sentiment between news events. And this one wants to gap close. It was a poster here that tuned me into it. I played some options on the last spike up. Earnings end of this month. Let's see if it loads up into it.
El_duderino
Looks like it's forming a bottom around $25 as well if I'm not mistaken
joekm3
AG
Heineken-Ashi said:

Brewmaster said:

Yup. Always risks. But with bios, they are at the whims of market sentiment between news events. And this one wants to gap close. It was a poster here that tuned me into it. I played some options on the last spike up. Earnings end of this month. Let's see if it loads up into it.

To be clear, you're referring to ACAD, correct?
ProgN
Heineken-Ashi said:

If FSLY is going to go up, it's got a date with $30. The threat here and what separates it from POWL and PLTR is that it's heading into earnings overbought with indicators running hot. Even the weekly. PLTR and POWL had reset indicators prior to earnings. Not saying it won't pop. It just makes me more cautious.
I concur and this is the one that I was talking about yesterday or the day before as a possible ER play for next week and being in no man's land technically. I'm still cautious, but I've decided that I'm going to play it and this is why.

• They were looking like a possible breakout candidate even before NET reported earnings AH
  • Their products are superior compared to their competition. IMO
  • They've demonstrated earnings growth qtr to qtr for over a year and might even post a profit this qtr.
  • After basing for so long, there's not much resistance and if it breaks out through $30 with momentum, then it has the potential to get near $40 pretty quickly.

That said, I'd avoid options on it if at all possible. I will be buying the stock in all accounts but not near in the size I bought POWL and PLTR. I want exposure to it should I be right, but I don't want to get overconfident and piss away the profits I've accumulated because I got cocky.

I will post when I buy but it'll be before next Wednesday. It'll probably be tomorrow but not the open because I suspect it's going to open higher due to NET. I think it will get momentum going into Wednesday and ramp up in anticipation of their report, I plan to ride that wave.

As always, you're all professionals so make your own decision after doing your own DD and your risk threshold.
Heineken-Ashi
Yes
joekm3
AG
I was in FSLY and recently cut my losses. I'd like to follow your lead this time and try it again but will do my own DD tomorrow in preparation. Thanks for the heads up.
ProgN
Like I said, I believe they'll have good earnings but no one has a crystal ball. If you, or anyone, decide to play it, don't take on too much risk. This is also just a trade for me, and I have zero intention of staying in it for long because I'm not comfortable with the market at these levels, especially with earnings season coming to an end.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Charismatic Megafauna said:

Alright i volunteered as tribute and just sold $22 calls for next week on my shares for $1.06
Y'all are welcome

Dammit
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Regarding fsly, i usually play crwd in this space. I tried to grab some mar9 calls the other day for their earnings runup but didn't fill and now it's gotten away from me, as have all the rest of them. No way I'm touching cloud security until something brings it back to earth. Maybe fsly will miss and give me a crwd entry
Talon2DSO
AG
I've not seen PATH posted here lately. With PLTR popping, is PATH about to do the same? Its showing high call volume and appears to he coiling.
Brewmaster
AG
sold 3/4 of MARA, moving stop up on remaining 1/4, short term MARA swing.
Heineken-Ashi
MARA - Should see some resistance around $25-$26 if not before. But please keep in mind.. you have to take account the moves in BTC. If BTC keeps going, resistance might not matter. New shares stop moved to $21.25.

If the next pullback holds $21.25 and then makes a higher high, the stairstep is in progress and this thing is bullish. If $20 breaks, a new low below $14.50 becomes a possibility.
Heineken-Ashi
Talon2DSO said:

I've not seen PATH posted here lately. With PLTR popping, is PATH about to do the same? Its showing high call volume and appears to he coiling.
$20 is support that we don't want to see break. Ideally it doesn't get below $21.40. $29-$30 is on the table if recent bottom holds. Gap fill is $28.96.
AgPT06
AG
NET! I was too heavy and thought it was going to get back to 75 first so sold some not too long ago but happy to see this with what I held on to.
ravingfans
AG
Heineken-Ashi said:

Stop can be moved on new MARA shares to $19.75. You don't want to see it break below for further immediate upside.

Long term shares I'd leave alone unless you can't stomach a possible move to $10-$12 in the short to mid term.
Think I had my Stop a bit higher at 19.98 for some reason which triggered and executed. Enjoyed a nice 20% profit, but feels like it has room to run, and actually rethinking this might be one to be long in.

Is it worth getting back in for a move higher?
joekm3
AG
It is impossible to follow everything. Look at what happened here. SYRA closed at $1.11 Wednesday and shot up as high as $8.37 and closed at $4.85!

Syra Health Corp.
[url=https://www.benzinga.com/quote/syra][/url]

SYRA shares are skyrocketing on Thursday after the company announced a partnership for a federal contract valued at $75 billion.

The company revealed its selection as a subcontractor for a contract awarded to Caduceus Healthcare, Inc. by the federal Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), Administration for Families and Children (ACR), Office of Refugee Resettlement (ORR) Medical Staffing and Support.
Heineken-Ashi
ravingfans said:

Heineken-Ashi said:

Stop can be moved on new MARA shares to $19.75. You don't want to see it break below for further immediate upside.

Long term shares I'd leave alone unless you can't stomach a possible move to $10-$12 in the short to mid term.
Think I had my Stop a bit higher at 19.98 for some reason which triggered and executed. Enjoyed a nice 20% profit, but feels like it has room to run, and actually rethinking this might be one to be long in.

Is it worth getting back in for a move higher?
Normally Id wait for a pullback but with BTC miners, look at the history.. they don't exactly act like normal stocks. You're going to have to make your own call. This is why I preach about trying to form a longer term position. I believe MARA will be $50+ at some point. Maybe a lot higher. I was lucky enough to get in the $8's and still have 75% of that original position. And I will be adding if this pulls backs to $20 and holds.
Heineken-Ashi
BLDE is slow but trying to punch out. Stop is $2.68. Not too late to get in. Minimum target is $4.50. $5.75 has potential.
Heineken-Ashi
If IWM can get going we could see $202 between today and mid next week.
Philip J Fry
AG
Out of WULF for a 35% profit. Willing to hold MARA longer
ProgN
I'm buying 50% of what I want to own in FSLY here and will see what it does before buying other 50%
Heineken-Ashi
One thing I'm going to be researching over the next week or so.. downside setups.

We've been in an incredible bull market since late October. Unrelentless and frankly historical. The pullbacks have been few and shallow. It's a lot of fun and bullish setups have been fairly easy to spot and money has been easier to make. This will end.

You have to be able to profit in both directions. I'll try and identify some promising setups. It's harder. They don't go up the same way they go down. You have to know what to look for and how to spot high probability setups. It will not be "catching the top and hoping for reversal". There's a strategy. More to come.
AgPT06
AG
If ASAN can hold above 19.32, some room above. I picked up March 17.5 calls on 2/6. If it gets back to 18.56 and can go all the way back to 17ish.
joekm3
AG
I sold 50% of my position in MARA yesterday at $21.31. I got in at $17.13 on 2/7. I've moved my stop on the balance to $21.25. I'm sure happy with my less than 24 hour return of 24.4% and still have the other half running right now. Thanks to the board!

That being said, I'll probably sell enough to be net free on the remaining.

As Heineken predicted, it has hit significant resistance $24-25.
Heineken-Ashi
If that was a top for GRPN we are looking for a drop into $11-$13.25 range buy zone. Stop $10.95. Could still be bullish lower than that, but I'd feel most confident and willing to stay in above it.
Heineken-Ashi
TSLA - For those with rich blood and bold only. Full buy! Stop $175 ($20 per share loss, so risky). If 4hr 21 EMA crosses the 34 today, that's a huge trigger. EMA's are already lined up on 1-hr. But need the 4hr to confirm. Gets even more bullish if the daily 8 crosses the 21.
HoustonAg_2009
Prog I bought last week when you mentioned it (thanks for that!) but it looks like you're adding on more…? This market is getting frothy as hell.
ProgN
HoustonAg_2009 said:

Prog I bought last week when you mentioned it (thanks for that!) but it looks like you're adding on more…? This market is getting frothy as hell.

Yeah, I'm taking a chance on their earnings next Wednesday after the close because of NET's forward guidance yesterday and it's breaking out.
Heineken-Ashi
TLT - $93 has to hold. If not, $89 becomes support.
Heineken-Ashi
TSN - $50 is support. Below that get out. Can wait for signs of bottom or take some risk now. Up to you. $64 gap fill will be first target if it can hold support. Likely a multi month process.
Heineken-Ashi
TTD - I'd have stop at $66.50. $87 first target, potential up to $108.
Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Sponsor
AG
Heineken-Ashi said:

TSLA - For those with rich blood and bold only. Full buy! Stop $175 ($20 per share loss, so risky). If 4hr 21 EMA crosses the 34 today, that's a huge trigger. EMA's are already lined up on 1-hr. But need the 4hr to confirm. Gets even more bullish if the daily 8 crosses the 21.

Heineken-Ashi
Here's one that can be pretty high probability with low risk.

T - Has to hold $16. If so, we're targeting $19.25 up to gap fill $19.60. This top and reversal did NOT come with a volume that matches the September bottom. That's the first good sign that it's not done yet. Multi-month play.

Profit would be 3-4x your risk.
joekm3
AG
Heineken-Ashi said:

TTD - I'd have stop at $66.50. $87 first target, potential up to $108.
Is this an earnings swing trade?
First Page Last Page
Page 6306 of 6504

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.