Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,905,574 Views | 227753 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by Brian Earl Spilner
Heineken-Ashi
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AMD is at a critical support level in the low $160's. If that can hold, we still have $195 on the table in the coming months.

Earnings buy didn't pay off immediately as I hoped it would as sentiment pushed down, but I'll average down in the morning if that support holds.

For those of you not in yet, wait to see what the morning holds. If low $160's holds, tomorrow could be an entry point. Stop $159.75

If you think it's too rich, I can't blame you. Maybe it comes back further.
Quacked
I'm loving AMD as long as Lisa Su is at the helm.
ProgN
Quacked said:

I'm loving AMD as long as Lisa Su is at the helm.
Great company but I'll love it better in the $130ish range.
El_duderino
That's what I'm holding for at the minimum. Would be better around $100, but I think that's too optimistic
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
AMD at the 21 is probably a good buy.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Will try to post more, but have been focusing my energy on Randy's group.

Had good swings this week with $COIN and $LULU.

I laughed and laughed and laughed at SMCI selling off today.
lobwedgephil
AMD p/e was almost 1500 today, their numbers needed to be perfect. 152-153 my next spot to look to long it.
ProgN
$30,000 Millionaire said:

Will try to post more, but have been focusing my energy on Randy's group.

Had good swings this week with $COIN and $LULU.

I laughed and laughed and laughed at SMCI selling off today.
Good to see you bud and I hope all is well for you.
AgCPA95
AG
ProgN said:

South Platte said:

ProgN said:

FTR, If POWL hits $105+ tomorrow, then I'll probably book profits because I still think the market is about to rollover. I posted yesterday I bot 1 AMD 3/1 $150 put and it's looking like its going to reward me. It's hard not to bank that type of one day ROI.
Not questioning you, but seriously? This thing could run over $100 tomorrow??
Yes, it's a microcap that prints money and they just smashed earnings expectations, raised their dividend (very little but still positive), and doubled their backlog. Pull up a one year chart and look what they did August 1st last year. It went from $60 to $90 the day after reporting earnings for a 50% ROI. I'm not expecting a 50% move tomorrow, but wouldn't complain if they did. I wouldn't think twice about selling it immediately.

To add onto this....

Had analyst avg estimate of $0.84 per share for this fiscal 1st quarter (they have a 9/30 year-end) and they dropped $1.98 per share. Analysist were looking for $5.09 for this fiscal year ending 9/30/2024, but with $1.98 in the bag after one quarter, this thing should run well past $100 in the morning IMO. Last quarter when they made $1.95 per share, the stock ran to a high of $97.63 a few weeks after reporting and then slid down to a 90 day low of around $77 a few days ago. Previous quarter results going back during 2023 were: $1.52, $0.72 & $0.10. They now have built backlog, supply chain issues are still a bit of thing in the electrical space with switch-gear and other components but that is getting better so hopefully they are hitting solid volumes of work with higher margins and overhead leverage.

Their trailing P/E was in the 17x range with recent pricing so if analyst and buyers estimate $7.00 per share for year ending 9/30/2024, that is $119/ share. Repeat what they just did for 3 more quarters 17x that is $135/ share but of course larger market forces could beat it down at any time.

This is is where I get too greedy sometimes and don't lock my profits.

ProgN
AgCPA95 said:

ProgN said:

South Platte said:

ProgN said:

FTR, If POWL hits $105+ tomorrow, then I'll probably book profits because I still think the market is about to rollover. I posted yesterday I bot 1 AMD 3/1 $150 put and it's looking like its going to reward me. It's hard not to bank that type of one day ROI.
Yes, it's a microcap that prints money and they just smashed earnings expectations, raised their dividend (very little but still positive), and doubled their backlog. Pull up a one year chart and look what they did August 1st last year. It went from $60 to $90 the day after reporting earnings for a 50% ROI. I'm not expecting a 50% move tomorrow, but wouldn't complain if they did. I wouldn't think twice about selling it immediately.

To add onto this....

Had analyst avg estimate of $0.84 per share for this fiscal 1st quarter (they have a 9/30 year-end) and they dropped $1.98 per share. Analysist were looking for $5.09 for this fiscal year ending 9/30/2024, but with $1.98 in the bag after one quarter, this thing should run well past $100 in the morning IMO. Last quarter when they made $1.95 per share, the stock ran to a high of $97.63 a few weeks after reporting and then slid down to a 90 day low of around $77 a few days ago. Previous quarter results going back during 2023 were: $1.52, $0.72 & $0.10. They now have built backlog, supply chain issues are still a bit of thing in the electrical space with switch-gear and other components but that is getting better so hopefully they are hitting solid volumes of work with higher margins and overhead leverage.

Their trailing P/E was in the 17x range with recent pricing so if analyst and buyers estimate $7.00 per share for year ending 9/30/2024, that is $119/ share. Repeat what they just did for 3 more quarters 17x that is $135/ share but of course larger market forces could beat it down at any time.

This is is where I get too greedy sometimes and don't lock my profits.

nortex97
AG
Any thoughts on Permian Resources? $PR should have a quarterly report out around the 8th I think, pretty good volume.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/permian-resources-announces-portfolio-optimization-120500538.html
El_duderino
Lots of price forecast upgrades for AMD this morning ranging anywhere from $180 to $270
ProgN
I'm taking POWL off the table.
yocod
AG
I've held PR for about a year, and continue to hold. I like their story, and the assets they've put together. They're run by two Co-CEOs, and have not taken any salary. The assets are pretty good, and the Earthstone deal was a pretty good acquisition. I don't know much about trading the stock, but I like it long-term, and if it drops to $12.50 or thereabouts I'll probably buy more shares.
Heineken-Ashi
Out of half the FTV calls at 3X. The rest are held waiting for $85.
Talon2DSO
AG
ProgN said:

Was in at $81.14 and out at $109.39.

Great call on POWL
ProgN
South Platte said:

ProgN said:

ProgN
Talon2DSO said:

ProgN said:

Was in at $81.14 and out at $109.39.

Great call on POWL
Not bad pay for less than 24 hours.
nortex97
AG
Thx. I figure there is probably some upside to some smaller Oil and gas stocks with all the mess going on in the middle east, just trying to find a 'good' gamble.
South Platte
ProgN said:

South Platte said:

ProgN said:

Incredible. That's called winning.
El_duderino

Over here not participating and missing a 38% profit in 24 hours
AgCPA95
AG
$POWL - out at $117.

I was in at $73.90 back on 10/20/2023.
El_duderino
Dead on this morning with your $119 share price estimation
fightintxag13
AG
El_duderino said:

Over here not participating and missing a 38% profit in 24 hours
I only made 37.3%
South Platte
AgCPA95 said:

$POWL - out at $117.

I was in at $73.90 back on 10/20/2023.
Well done sir. I sold too early this AM, but a win is a win.
joekm3
AG
I've been profitably in and out of POWL for a few months now. This time in at $81.57 and out at $$112.51 in less than 24 hours. Thanks PROG! My only regret is dropping out too soon! Still a great win.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Stopped out of MARA this morning at the opening bell.

May look for a re-entry below $17...
Brewmaster
AG
AMD: isn't earnings drift a thing? if earnings stunk, and initial reaction is a sell off, could drift at least back to mean of the run up (that's around 138).

FTV, great call! unfortunately I looked at my account this morning to realize I didn't get fills on the calls

keep up the great work Heineken!
Heineken-Ashi
Brewmaster said:

AMD: isn't earnings drift a thing? if earnings stunk, and initial reaction is a sell off, could drift at least back to mean of the run up (that's around 138).

FTV, great call! unfortunately I looked at my account this morning to realize I didn't get fills on the calls

keep up the great work Heineken!
Earnings usually act as a catalyst for a move that sellers already want to make. I assume this one triggered a bunch of stops and trailing stops for profit taking which can start to snowball. At the same time, you probably had a bunch of players this morning take profit on puts. What it does from this point forward will be telling. Last night's low is support, and it was a critical support area I was already eyeing.

But even if it goes lower, it doesn't change my bullish outlook for this year. What you really had was a runup into earnings. We were hoping it would run down into earnings and then catapult off of earnings into where we are now.

Because of the runup over the last month, a dip down back under low $130's would NOT be a good sign. We need this to continue to make higher lows and higher highs.
Heineken-Ashi
TLT - I took some profits from Monday's $94.50 buy at $96.80 which was around 50% retrace of the previous move down. In case it wants to engage a more choppy pattern. If we get $90-$93 again I will be buying a couple hundred shares. If not, I'll just ride with what's left looking for $120.

Also moved to 40% high yield bond fund in my retirement accounts as we get closer to rates coming down and bonds going up.

Remember, this is a topping play in bonds. The expectation is not a long term bull market. Quite the opposite actually. We're trying to profit from the bull steepening that's looking likely before the major bond selloff this year or next.
Heineken-Ashi
AMD with wonderful 1hr and 4hr divergence. For those that don't understand divergence, positive divergence is when a stock is making a higher low while technical indicators like MACD, RSI, MFI, Keltners, Bollingers, etc are showing oversold conditions. This indicates potential continuation of the prior trend. The opposite, negative divergence, is when a stock is making a lower high while technicals are showing overbought.

At the same time, when technicals are showing overbought like this was on the daily over the last couple of days, but price is at all-time highs, there really isn't any indication of divergence. Only the technicals moving down from that overbought state could choreograph a potential future divergence. And we're possibly seeing it now in the hourly candles taking shape as positive.

Not a guarantee by any means, but a good initial sign. There's deeper explanations of divergence and it can act differently depending on the technical indicator. Highly suggest getting familiar with the concept.
ravingfans
AG
Interesting day!

My AMD's stopped out at $165.43, for a 6% loss on $176.85 purchase (oof!)
I sold my POWL's for $122.79 for a 52% gain on $80.885 purchase (woohoo!)

Overall, I'm up 4% between the two.
Overall, I'm up 21% between the two

Lessons learned: put a much tighter stop on AMD or even better, find a better entry point and sit it out until see the proper signals. It was a known gamble, but the market makers knew what they were going to do long before the earnings report.

Overall, I made $20 $217 that I didn't have before

Edit: Corrected based on 3 shares of AMD vs 6 shares of POWL...
reedsterg
AG
Tibbers said:

reedsterg said:

So which one is going to be the TexAgs Mega Millions winner GVSI, HMBL, TELL, or WWR?
How about all three so everyone wins?

GVSI
joekm3
AG
GVSI is finally coming around! What's the outlook?
reedsterg
AG
joekm3 said:

GVSI is finally coming around! What's the outlook?

Who knows what to believe from all the X/Twitter trash, but sounds like a potential merger.
First Page Last Page
Page 6285 of 6508

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.