Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,938,517 Views | 227804 Replies | Last: 20 hrs ago by I bleed maroon
idAg09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Just broke even with TFC, thinking of selling too
South Platte
ProgN said:

POWL reports 12/6. No inside information, but just by following it for an extended period I suspect they'll crush earnings. If I'm right, then it should take out $105+.

Ask yourself when was the last time you saw a microcap stock that prints money and pays a dividend? I know this one is probably the first for me. Also, look at the major WS players that own a significant interest in this stock. Those players don't back speculative companies that lose money that could tarnish their rep. Even if they don't beat earnings estimates by enoudh, I don't see it getting crushed so I'm not worried at all.
Have yourself a day, POWL.
ProgN
HoustonAg_2009 said:

Regional Banks someone here made a call back in March to buy a couple regional banks (WAL and TFC). First off thanks they've been great buys with dividend kickers.

They've popped on inflation news and also some big names calling a bottom in them. Having said that TFC has been lacking any real movement. WAL has seemed to bounce quite a bit more. Perhaps keep WAL and sell off TFC?

Here's what I'm doing with mine. I'm not selling my TFC due to it's great dividend and I have those shares in a DRIP. I'm also only 4 months away from my profit going from a short term to a long term capital gains so selling now is dumb. I'll just collect another dividend payment buying more shares. If the FED is likely done, then look for the regionals to do quite well. Hell, TFC was $70/shr 2 years ago, so I see an easy double with minimal risk that pays me a nice divy to wait.

Now, I have been swing trading WAL because it's volatile especially for a bank stock and it's dividend is lower than TFC.

TL;dr version:

I'm holding my TFC and swing trading WAL for quick hit profits.

ProgN
South Platte said:

ProgN said:

POWL reports 12/6. No inside information, but just by following it for an extended period I suspect they'll crush earnings. If I'm right, then it should take out $105+.

Ask yourself when was the last time you saw a microcap stock that prints money and pays a dividend? I know this one is probably the first for me. Also, look at the major WS players that own a significant interest in this stock. Those players don't back speculative companies that lose money that could tarnish their rep. Even if they don't beat earnings estimates by enoudh, I don't see it getting crushed so I'm not worried at all.
Have yourself a day, POWL.

Yup, I bought it 10/19 @ $76/shr and will hold through earnings.

ETA: I'm loving my SMCI moonshot on heavy volume today too.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Charismatic Megafauna said:

Philip J Fry said:

Here we go. Here are my top 16 stocks for the year. The code spits out the top 20, but I removed 4 because of huge gap ups that skewed the result.

Here we have the number of stocks trading above the 120 EMA for the past 100 days. Sure looks like a leg down is coming based on how 2022 went.

Weekly Plays:
PSN. Target Price =~50 for +12%

RYTM: Shows up in my top 16 chart. Looks like it's bouncing off lows. Targeting ~$33 for +17%

For those natural gas lovers, here's 25 years of monthly performance broken out by monthly averages. Lesson here is to buy in at the end of January, sell in Sept?.

I bought a couple shares of rytm this morning

There's your $33 on rytm, pjf
jbeck3487
AG
AMZN confirmed a year+ cup and handle.
ProgN

Today is a rally ass day worthy of Natalia Velez
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
I saw some better ones of her.....
ProgN
Ferris Wheel Allstar said:

I saw some better ones of her.....
I've calmed down on F16 and have successfully avoided a perma. It would either be embarrassing or legendary if Prog was perma'd on the freaking stock trading thread on B&I.

That said, it would be damn funny if that's how I was taken out.
zagman
AG
nm
HoustonAg_2009
Prog -- I always appreciate your comments/guidance/feedback! WAL is more volatile, but it has performed much better than TFC over the last 8 months since 1st purchase. So you're thinking TFC is "less risk" than WAL in the short-mid term to hold?

And YES to SMCI and POWL!
ProgN
HoustonAg_2009 said:

Prog -- I always appreciate your comments/guidance/feedback! WAL is more volatile, but it has performed much better than TFC over the last 8 months since 1st purchase. So you're thinking TFC is "less risk" than WAL in the short-mid term to hold?

And YES to SMCI and POWL!
Yes it has and I don't know what your objectives are for those 2. If you're looking to trade them then WAL is the one, but it you want less volatility (up and down) then TFC with it's dividend in a drip at a nice interest rate is the way to go.

Personally, I don't think your risk to get hurt is high in either one, it just comes down to your tolerance for volatility. If you choose WAL (it's looking like it might breakout now), just don't get emotional and sell it at a loss because the negative clouds are disappearing.

It's hard for me give advice on what others should do because I'm hyper-aggressive and I'd feel bad if someone here blew up their account because they had trust in me. I hope that kinda makes sense.
JbKing45
For all the WWR fans. The 10Q dropped and announced 33% increase in production for phase 1. Also, the are still working with SK On as part of its formal qualification process.

Additionally, Wes****er has signed general terms and conditions for a supply agreement with a North American automobile manufacturing company and is negotiating a possible offtake agreement with this company for potentially up to all of Wes****er's Phase I and Phase II production capacity.

Still in talks for financing, so who knows if it will ever happen or will even be favorable.

They are still selling shares under the Lincoln park deal.

It's either going to be Ramen noodles or the finest sushi/steak with this one.
wanderer
These 2 snippets won't give you the warm & fuzzies.

"Reducing the level of construction activity until financing is secured is expected to impact the overall construction schedule of Phase I of the Kellyton Plant. Wes****er expects to provide an update to investors regarding the construction timeline of the Kellyton Plant when, and if, the requisite financing is secured."

"As of September 30, 2023, Wes****er had a cash balance of $11.7 million and has incurred approximately $116.7 million since beginning construction of the Kellyton Plant."
Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Sponsor
AG
Only need ~$150M more to finish the construction..
Diggity
AG
wanderer said:

These 2 snippets won't give you the warm & fuzzies.

"Reducing the level of construction activity until financing is secured is expected to impact the overall construction schedule of Phase I of the Kellyton Plant. Wes****er expects to provide an update to investors regarding the construction timeline of the Kellyton Plant when, and if, the requisite financing is secured."

"As of September 30, 2023, Wes****er had a cash balance of $11.7 million and has incurred approximately $116.7 million since beginning construction of the Kellyton Plant."
strong words here. "when, and if" clearly means >50% chance of event occurring.

had they used "if, and when", I would be selling immediately.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
TNA still on its tear as the breadth of the rally widens.

Just the moment I'd been waiting so long for. Glad I didn't lose hope. Finally paying off. About to hit my first profit limit.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Market just slipped into "Greed".
ProgN
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Market just slipped into "Greed".
ac04
walmart down 8% pre-market. CFO says october trends have made them "pause and rethink the health of the consumer."
Nice Ash
ac04 said:

walmart down 8% pre-market. CFO says october trends have made them "pause and rethink the health of the consumer."
This ties in with a thread I started yesterday on freight cost
Buck Compton
AG
I know it's anecdotal, but I know when I visit one of our warehouses and talk to some lower-middle class workers, they're struggling. Hard. I don't think the average consumer is healthy.

I think upper middle class consumers are still spending like crazy, they're just saving less (and middle class is saving nothing)
HoustonAg2014
AG
Buck Compton said:

I know it's anecdotal, but I know when I visit one of our warehouses and talk to some lower-middle class workers, they're struggling. Hard. I don't think the average consumer is healthy.

I think upper middle class consumers are still spending like crazy, they're just saving less (and middle class is saving nothing)
100% correct. Rich just aren't getting that much richer but middle class and lower class are taking it in the ass. Our delinquencies and evictions on lower class rentals are through the roof and have been for about 3-4 months. These are your lower wage jobs. People paying half rent and trying to get put on payment plans to avoid being out on the street. We obviously work with them to a certain point because we don't want to put someone out on the street if we can avoid it.
HoustonAg_2009
Just started a position in PXD.
- Exxon purchase
- 6% div
- oil weakness is buying opp
- chance that XOM will have to sweeten the deal with some cash on top of the XOM share conversion. This is due to weakness of both stocks since acquisition date.
TxAgLaw03RW
AG
We're showing a little life today. Up over 9% with 326k in volume.
Diggity
AG
I'm pretty skeptical of your last point.

weakening market gives more leverage to purchaser than target.

guess we'll see though
Diggity
AG
TxAgLaw03RW said:

We're showing a little life today. Up over 9% with 326k in volume.
guess that's the benefit of being a penny stock. lots of swings.
HoustonAg_2009
Typically I'd agree with you but it's not a hostile takeover. PXD balance sheet is stellar. Exxon will have to bend if PXD shareholders start making noise….
txaggie_08
AG
Not sure I see it in an all stock transaction. If both stocks are staying in somewhat alignment, whether they weaken or not, the conversion would still be roughly the same.
jimmo
fightintxag13
AG
jimmo said:

I'll be watching that one.
Bocephus
AG
jimmo said:

Insider trading is the whole point of being in Congress.
TAMU ‘98 Ole Miss ‘21
techno-ag
AG
Is it really him, or is it a trust he has no control over?
ProgN
techno-ag said:

Is it really him, or is it a trust he has no control over?
It's him, just like all of them regardless of party. I'm not defending him at all, I think all of them should go to prison for insider trading. All of us on this thread would be bankrupted and probably spend time behind bars, but they're the elites. It's disappointing if he was loaded with AMAT puts before the news that came out AF after portraying himself as principled man by holding up military confirmations. I say that as a conservative that has to vote republican. They should all face the same fate as we would. We're a third world ****hole now though.
gougler08
AG
Bocephus said:

jimmo said:

Insider trading is the whole point of being in Congress.

Yeah they all do this
First Page Last Page
Page 6246 of 6509

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.