Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,955,199 Views | 227828 Replies | Last: 5 hrs ago by ProgN
GreasenUSA
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Tech 100 has run straight up 5% over the last 4 days directly to the 50 SMA. AAPL earnings after hours today. If long anything, may want to consider taking a portion off before close.

Though a positive reaction could gap us back into a bull market starting tomorrow.
Ags2013
AG
SQ is running after earnings too. These earnings beats are exploding upwards. Can't imagine this is sustainable.
Heineken-Ashi
Heineken-Ashi said:

spud1910 said:

Here is one for you smart people to look at. ACAD I don't know much about them, but they are apparently looking to hire a lot of people before the end of the year. Way up in July and falling since.
As long as it holds support in the high $18's, I'm seeing $44 gap fill on the table next year. Signs of a solid uptrend starting off a nice looking V bottom. Earnings tomorrow. If it comes with 7M volume or more it could be off.

Nice find. Usually hate pharmas in markets like this. Might be worth a small position with a stop at the recent low.
I bought some Jan $30 calls on this one.

Earnings popped stock price nearly 5% already. Let's see if it continues. Great find Spud.
“Give it hell Heinekandle, I’m enjoying it.”
- Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX

“No secure borders, no alpha military, no energy independence, no leadership and most of all no mean tweets - this is the worst trade I’ve ever witnessed in my lifetime. ***Put that quote in your quote/signature section HeinendKandle*** LOL!”
- also Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX (obviously in a worse mood)
gougler08
AG
Well that was a good day for my portfolio...ROKU, PLTR, CWH, SHEL and others

Why can't we just have stonks going up everyday again?
EliteZags
AG
up 5 figures on PLTR today

HODL
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Futures seeing lots of green.
Ags2013
AG
stocks are rocking right now
CheladaAg
AG
Talk about a strong bounce in a bear market... or are we witnessing the bottom and beginning of a new bull market cycle?
gougler08
AG
Still have that gap at 407. I would be more comfortable if we had closed that
Philip J Fry
AG
Gotta get out of this downward channel first
reedsterg
AG
Are any of you guys still holding any MGNI shares? I still have a few from the MA and trying to figure out what to do with them.
AgPT06
AG
I am in my IRA. I just keep selling covered calls on shares when it has a day or two that pops. Haven't seen anything that would make me not want to hold.
M4 Benelli
All you beautiful bastids add AEHR to your watchlist. It's been taking a drumming the past few weeks, culminating on an ON sympathy beat down that saw it hit the early 20s. It's as overextended as a nagging mother in law. This thing tends to rally hard in both directions.

What is AEHR you ask? They test semi-conductors. Pretty much the only game In town and they keep landing contracts.

Just need a couple good news tidbits and this thing flies.
southernskies
Whatever happened to that sports gambling stock )I think it was) that someone was pumping on here a month or two ago right before their earnings?
M4 Benelli
southernskies said:

Whatever happened to that sports gambling stock )I think it was) that someone was pumping on here a month or two ago right before their earnings?

Flaccid as Kamala's hubby.
ProgN
M4 Benelli said:

southernskies said:

Flaccid as Kamala's hubby.
ProgN
Cramer must have a TA account. He just said he expects TTD to deliver a monster qtr and he's recently become a fan of SMCI after steering viewers away for it for most of the year. Two weeks ago he had a caller ask about POWL on the lightning round and he loves that one too.

I brought all of these up here WAY before he ever mentioned them. I just hope he hasn't put a curse on my faves. It's Friday; Schwab is moving my TDameritrade account this weekend and I'm not a fan of their website, and now this, it's time for a shot of tequila. If I continue to not like Schwab's website, then I'll have to look into transferring my accounts but I'll give it a try for a few weeks.

sts7049
AG
is ToS going away? I hadn't paid any attention to that merger stuff
TxAgLaw03RW
AG
Oops
ProgN
I believe they're keeping TOS. They better or I'm out.

ETA: I finally checked my email and they're keeping TOS.
ProgN
Doesn't look like it, which is nice.
frankm01
My change over to Schwab was in September. At that time, 2 different TD phone reps told me TOS was shutting down and I was pretty upset. As it turns out, it's staying active and at first glance, seems better than Schwab's StreetSmartedge platform.

The Schwab website takes a little getting used to, but it's not too bad. As an old guy, I hate change, but it is what it is.

Pretty crazy week, hope everyone made a few bucks. I broke discipline and traded AAPL on earnings and got greedy and got my ass handed to me. Got to stick to my rules.

Have a great weekend and BTHO Ole Miss.

FishrCoAg
AG
frankm01 said:

My change over to Schwab was in September. At that time, 2 different TD phone reps told me TOS was shutting down and I was pretty upset. As it turns out, it's staying active and at first glance, seems better than Schwab's StreetSmartedge platform.

The Schwab website takes a little getting used to, but it's not too bad. As an old guy, I hate change, but it is what it is.

Pretty crazy week, hope everyone made a few bucks. I broke discipline and traded AAPL on earnings and got greedy and got my ass handed to me. Got to stick to my rules.

Have a great weekend and BTHO Ole Miss.

I switched to Schwab a couple years ago from Merrill. I have been pleased with it overall. Execution has been good. Granted I am not a day trader but it seems much better than ML after a short learning period.
ProgN
If "01" in your handle is your graduation year, then there's not going to many more of these 'old man' posts from you sir.

Maintaining discipline is the hardest, but best thing you can do is maintain it. It's not easy and even us experienced old man traders get burned when we don't maintain discipline.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Charismatic Megafauna said:

I'm buying cpe 38c this morning

Oops
frankm01
Haha, no, the 01 in my handle is from an email address I got years ago. I graduated college in NY in 1980.

I'm actually not an Aggie but consider myself an Aggie by tuition....both my girls (who pay for my TA sub every year for Christmas) graduated from A&M in '07 and '10. So, yeah, I'm old.

Anyway, you're 100% correct in that if you stray from your discipline, you can get burned.

Hopefully the Cramer curse won't affect TTD, POWL and SCMI.

ProgN

Ok, I retract my previous statement your Honor. I graduated A&M in '95. I've never activated my "Ag Tag" because I've caught numerous bans on F16 and didn't want to lose it forever in the event I stop being an ass. If that happens, then I'll activate it.

FWIW, a father sending his 2 daughters to A&M makes you an Ag in my book. Welcome sir, gig'em.
oldarmy1
AG
ProgN said:

Someone on X tweet this to OA, he loves fishing.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12675639/Alligator-Texas-shatters-multiple-records.html

Quote:

A massive 283-pound alligator gar caught in Texas has shattered four different state and world records.

Art Weston, 52, was fishing with Captain Kirk Kirkland, an International Game Fish Association fishing guide, at Lake Sam Rayburn when he caught the massive fish on September 2.

The Sam Rayburn Reservoir is famous for producing gigantic alligator gar fishes.

Holy moly! How many bass has that thing eaten?!

Someone forwarded your message. Thanks! Hadn't seen that.

As for the markets. I always say it's fine to have a bias on market direction but price action and volume are King. The last drawdown market bounce got short circuited by the break out of Middle East tensions. My thinking has been that this current bounce can right the macro trend line back to the original.

We were into a number of stocks but BA and AMT bottom calls have been extra sweet. We had SQ shares and a put/call straddle that hit home runs Thursday and in the overnight session. Watch IOT for a future star. I have a lot of shares for last run to $30 selling zone. I gave a $25 Call entry out several weeks Thursday and it had a breakout day Friday, going in the money.

My top 3 trades for Friday expiring calls were SNOW, PDD and ABNB. All 3 had clear technicals that fired off at the open for big gains.

Does anyone know anything about BAND? Not a high volume stock but it had bigger volume and a clear breakout Friday.

Prog- thanks for POWL. It had an Outside bar set up Wednesday that broke out followed by a continuation technic Friday.

https://imgur.com/a/27ZIChW
ProgN
oldarmy1 said:

ProgN said:

Someone on X tweet this to OA, he loves fishing.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12675639/Alligator-Texas-shatters-multiple-records.html

Quote:

A massive 283-pound alligator gar caught in Texas has shattered four different state and world records.

Art Weston, 52, was fishing with Captain Kirk Kirkland, an International Game Fish Association fishing guide, at Lake Sam Rayburn when he caught the massive fish on September 2.

The Sam Rayburn Reservoir is famous for producing gigantic alligator gar fishes.

Holy moly! How many bass has that thing eaten?!

Someone forwarded your message. Thanks! Hadn't seen that.

As for the markets. I always say it's fine to have a bias on market direction but price action and volume are King. The last drawdown market bounce got short circuited by the break out of Middle East tensions. My thinking has been that this current bounce can right the macro trend line back to the original.

We were into a number of stocks but BA and AMT bottom calls have been extra sweet. We had SQ shares and a put/call straddle that hit home runs Thursday and in the overnight session. Watch IOT for a future star. I have a lot of shares for last run to $30 selling zone. I gave a $25 Call entry out several weeks Thursday and it had a breakout day Friday, going in the money.

My top 3 trades for Friday expiring calls were SNOW, PDD and ABNB. All 3 had clear technicals that fired off at the open for big gains.

Does anyone know anything about BAND? Not a high volume stock but it had bigger volume and a clear breakout Friday.

Prog- thanks for POWL. It had an Outside bar set up Wednesday that broke out followed by a continuation technic Friday.

https://imgur.com/a/27ZIChW
Sweet, I thought you'd like that monster gar article.

POWL reports 12/6. No inside information, but just by following it for an extended period I suspect they'll crush earnings. If I'm right, then it should take out $105+.

Ask yourself when was the last time you saw a microcap stock that prints money and pays a dividend? I know this one is probably the first for me. Also, look at the major WS players that own a significant interest in this stock. Those players don't back speculative companies that lose money that could tarnish their rep. Even if they don't beat earnings estimates by enoudh, I don't see it getting crushed so I'm not worried at all.
EngrAg14
AG
Anyone hear about this? If it's true can't be the only bank with the issue.

https://dailyhodl.com/2023/11/03/40000000000-in-unrealized-losses-hits-jpmorgan-chase-as-bank-of-america-wells-fargo-and-citigroup-face-exposure-to-us-treasuries-report/amp/
Bocephus
AG
EngrAg14 said:

https://dailyhodl.com/2023/11/03/40000000000-in-unrealized-losses-hits-jpmorgan-chase-as-bank-of-america-wells-fargo-and-citigroup-face-exposure-to-us-treasuries-report/amp/

They all have unrealized losses on the books. Treasuries are supposed to be safe.
TAMU ‘98 Ole Miss ‘21
Heineken-Ashi
EngrAg14 said:

The entire banking industry is incredibly weak with very volatile balance sheets. If you haven't yet done your due diligence on your bank, you better. Something is brewing and setting up for a very bad outcome. And I don't believe "too big to fail" will be on the table. Because it's all of them. And very few are looking "safe" right now.

Ever researched bail ins? If you think bailouts sucked, just wait until you get your hard earned money caught in a bail in.

Some say this potential catastrophic event will usher in the CBDC.

And it isn't a fluke that gold and BTC are setting up for huge explosive moves in the coming year or two. I wrote a post a month or two ago about efficient allocation of your funds, both to hedge against these potential events and to properly organize your assets to be deployed into a balanced portfolio of low risk and high risk investments. Suggest you go back and read if you are at all worried about your bank.

Lastly, there was a poster who who advised how to breakdown the risk on a bank's balance sheet from mismatched duration bonds. Would love an update from him.
“Give it hell Heinekandle, I’m enjoying it.”
- Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX

“No secure borders, no alpha military, no energy independence, no leadership and most of all no mean tweets - this is the worst trade I’ve ever witnessed in my lifetime. ***Put that quote in your quote/signature section HeinendKandle*** LOL!”
- also Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX (obviously in a worse mood)
bmoochie
AG
EngrAg14 said:

I have chase but I'm not near smart enough to know what this means or what should be done?
ryanhnc10
AG
I'm not real sure what you're suggesting. Ok have some BTC and some gold, but if the entire US financial system collapses, your 'hedge' probably won't matter that much
ProgN
Heineken-Ashi said:

Lastly, there was a poster who who advised how to breakdown the risk on a bank's balance sheet from mismatched duration bonds. Would love an update from him.
We both know who you're referring to and you have direct access to him on another forum. PM there and I'll get you two in touch.
First Page Last Page
Page 6242 of 6510

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.