Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,010,557 Views | 224169 Replies | Last: 6 hrs ago by Brian Earl Spilner
badharambe
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
YES! My beloved PDD, how could I forget? I need to get in this.

Sounds like positive steps were made this weekend on trade.
i.e. - huawei to be allowed to buy equipment again (but they apparently have stockpiles so it shouldnt matter anyway)

Brewmaster
AG
I'm in a similar boat... class of '01, grad school here in '07. Did auto investing into funds for years, ugh, gained some, but nothing like what I'm learning here. Looking to catch up as well!

Cheap! next recession - "blood in the water" is the term I think of. It'll be a great time to be sitting on mostly cash That might be a little while though after this weekend.
EngrAg14
AG
BREwmaster said:

I'm in a similar boat... class of '01, grad school here in '07. Did auto investing into funds for years, ugh, gained some, but nothing like what I'm learning here. Looking to catch up as well!

Cheap! next recession - "blood in the water" is the term I think of. It'll be a great time to be sitting on mostly cash That might be a little while though after this weekend.

Maybe.
That's the thing until election happens an dhre results are in.
I personally think Trump is playing a dangerous game.
He makes a deal great for him and hes relected.
But if I was Xi knowing a total coup is unlikely as all get out.
I push make it seem like Trump is winning then the last moment say no deal full trade war, 6months or so. He loses election and make a deal with the winner that likely wont be as tough on China.

I also think the next recession burst is gonna be a hell of a drop due to all the student loan/credit card debit/left over bad housing practices etc.
IrishTxAggie
AG
Xi doesn't have that much favor currently to drag this out. The villagers are growing restless and his support amongst the elites isn't anywhere near as powerful as it was pre-Trump. His failed attempt to reign in further power of Hong Kong just recently is proof of that I think. Xi is playing a more dangerous game than Trump IMO
badharambe
AG
JUST TO ADD another hair to the trade war saga....

THE FED, which has cited trade war length and difficulty as being a burden on the economy, is itching to lower rates. Half the Fed wanted to lower at last meeting, half did not.

As the China trade deal good news wagon continues to pump the market, how will that affect their rate cuts idea?

THE MARKET is pricing in a cut in July. But if the market continues to hum, how can rates be cut?

ALSO, the "good news" from the last trade deal had at the G20 meeting we had in early December 2018 started the pull lower to 234's in SPY.

Itll be a very interesting week for the markets!
moses1084ever
AG
So.... anyone buying lean hog (/HE) calls then?
leoj
AG
Looks like anyone holding calls could sell for a good pop at the open if they wanted to
ProgN
leoj said:

Looks like anyone holding calls could sell for a good pop at the open if they wanted to
gougler08
AG
Futures +30, all from the G20 talks I guess?
Irish 2.0
Freaking politics board got me in band camp again...

Tomorrow is going to be a good day!!

-IrishTxAggie
ProgN
CreakinDeacon said:

Freaking politics board got me in band camp again...

Tomorrow is going to be a good day!!

-IrishTxAggie
What did you do this time Irish?
Irish 2.0
Told a poster over on 16 to quit bleeding with a derail on a thread. I just said it differently than that....I mean my son said it differently than that.
Ragoo
AG
Those SPY 297 calls would have been nice to buy on Thursday.
YNWA_AG
AG
Wow S&P futures up .9%
oldarmy1
AG
TEUM $3.15. Squeeze the heck out of that little pissant hit-piece short seller.

Gonna be a cash in day in everything. JD calls. CRUS calls INTC calls , everything GOLD Puts
Irish 2.0
Those TWTR calls too. TWTR up to 35.36 PM

Nice call there OA. I've got a nice chunk of them at .60
Aggie_2463
AG
oldarmy1 said:

TEUM $3.15. Squeeze the heck out of that little pissant hit-piece short seller.

Gonna be a cash in day in everything. JD calls. CRUS calls INTC calls , everything GOLD Puts

Do you think the bitcoin pull back will affect OSTK? Seeing $13.90 pre market. If it flashes to mid $14 may take profits and see if I can re-enter mid $13
Irish 2.0
Everyone here knows I'm not a btc fan, so take that disclaimer. But since OSTK announced their departure from retail and moving strictly to crypto, their stock appears to be trading very intimately inline with btc the past couple weeks.
rgag12
AG
It feels like OSTK is going to plunge when the market opens up. BTC took it on the chin this weekend.
cgh1999
AG
MU up over 6% ~ $41!
Ragoo
AG
cgh1999 said:

MU up over 6% ~ $41!
this is where you remember to let winners run. I sold these at a triple which would have been a 6 bagger this morning.
cgh1999
AG
I only own 100 shares outright, but have been selling puts and buying calls. A strong push this morning, and I will have cleared enough profit off the options to pay for over 50% of my shares.

I've got a little snake bit after NIO, TRNX, HEAR, so I didn't buy as much as I wanted to. But, a win is a win.
oldarmy1
AG
Ragoo said:

cgh1999 said:

MU up over 6% ~ $41!
this is where you remember to let winners run. I sold these at a triple which would have been a 6 bagger this morning.

Triple bagger blues....Let's write a song about this and sing it every day.
Ragoo
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Ragoo said:

cgh1999 said:

MU up over 6% ~ $41!

Triple bagger blues....Let's write a song about this and sing it every day.
i want more money!
Irish 2.0
I think there will be a bit of profit taking on JD this week. I'll be looking at some weekly puts on them later today
Aggie_2463
AG
cgh1999 said:

I only own 100 shares outright, but have been selling puts and buying calls. A strong push this morning, and I will have cleared enough profit off the options to pay for over 50% of my shares.

I've got a little snake bit after NIO, TRNX, HEAR, so I didn't buy as much as I wanted to. But, a win is a win.
Damn, we got bit by the same snake
Aggie_2463
AG
rgag12 said:

It feels like OSTK is going to plunge when the market opens up. BTC took it on the chin this weekend.
I'm sure that will be my luck when futures are soaring.
oldarmy1
AG
CreakinDeacon said:

I think there will be a bit of profit taking on JD this week. I'll be looking at some weekly puts on them later today
It's right at it's resistance. It breaks that and you'll be singing a different tune that Ragoo's Triple Bagger Blues, should you go against a long term consolidation breakout.

In other news I am raising my CRUS exit to $1.60
IrishTxAggie
AG
I know. I'm not pulling the trigger at market open. I'm going to wait and watch a little bit first.
oldarmy1
AG
Anyone who followed on GOLD puts that big gap down to $14.55 is coming into view with pressure flashes premarket to under $15. Huge gains on disciplined technical here but be alert on flash close of that gap because it might bounce off such a large technical.
IrishTxAggie
AG
What's your Twitter exit at on those 7/19 $36?
EngrAg14
AG
Ragoo said:

Those SPY 297 calls would have been nice to buy on Thursday.
I wish I had listened to my gut on these.
oldarmy1
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

What's your Twitter exit at on those 7/19 $36?
Going to follow the half off at 100% and see if a full reversal breakout comes for $2 exit on rest
gougler08
AG
oldarmy1 said:

CreakinDeacon said:

It's right at it's resistance. It breaks that and you'll be singing a different tune that Ragoo's Triple Bagger Blues, should you go against a long term consolidation breakout.

In other news I am raising my CRUS exit to $1.60
JD trying to get through...
gougler08
AG
It may be happening
First Page Last Page
Page 621 of 6405

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.