Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

21,984,473 Views | 224112 Replies | Last: 18 min ago by ProgN
oldarmy1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
TEUM what a crazy day and range for a $2 stock! Gutsy daytraders made a fortune on that sucker
oldarmy1
AG
ALGN reversal pattern is in. Sheesh all these patterns are great unless we have a disastrous outcome of the trade talks. Erasing patterns is a nightmare. Fingers crossed.
oldarmy1
AG
TWTR green
JobSecurity
AG
How far out are you thinking for OSTK calls?
oldarmy1
AG
foleyt said:

I went July 5th $15's, July 19 $16's and went with that crazy fellow on Jan $30's
oldarmy1
AG
Did I mention SFIX pivot a couple of hours ago towards a breakout? I think I did
oldarmy1
AG
Sure wish we could get a run after hours above $15 on OSTK so I could sell my shares and let the $15 lowest placed call take its place for risk management.
UpstateAg
AG
What the heck. I'll buy a few weeklies on OSTK and rejoin the party.
Aggie_2463
AG
I tell you what, ole CHK has been stuck for a while. Just hanging out $1.80 - $1.95.
oldarmy1
AG
Aggie_2463 said:

I tell you what, ole CHK has been stuck for a while. Just hanging out $1.80 - $1.95.
https://seekingalpha.com/news/3474724-chesapeake-energy-finds-bullish-support-fromt-morgan-stanley-analyst
Ragoo
AG
oldarmy1 said:

foleyt said:

I went July 5th $15's, July 19 $16's and went with that crazy fellow on Jan $30's
i went July 19 $14 for $1.05. Placed a stop at 0.75 and sell half at 2.10.
IrishTxAggie
AG
Saw an article earlier about them having the ability to start paying down some of the massive debt load. The author/analyst gave them a $2.75 buy rating
Aggie_2463
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Aggie_2463 said:

https://seekingalpha.com/news/3474724-chesapeake-energy-finds-bullish-support-fromt-morgan-stanley-analyst
$2.75 and I'm happy.
leoj
AG
ABBV going to get back to where it was pre merger announcement?
oldarmy1
AG
Well I had said 2946 would be upper range target today and we made 2944 on that freakish squeeze. Hope that wasn't a weak short chase out ahead of a drop next week.
Aggie_2463
AG
Well, we're going the wrong way AH on OSTK
rgag12
AG
There was quite a bit of selling right at the close. Hopefully someone doesn't know something we don't
shiphunt
AG
Weird close in general... I figured we would see a drop across the board from people taking risk off prior to Trump/Xi
UpstateAg
AG
Don't anticipate a deal. But if it happens, I'll be happy. But don't anticipate anything but tweets and faux outrage
rgag12
AG
My gut says we will either get a tweet that says "Great meeting! We hopefully get this thing resolved soon! But if not, tariffs for us are doing just great!" Or a tweet that says "More tariffs soon!"
oldarmy1
AG
Aggie_2463 said:

Well, we're going the wrong way AH on OSTK
It came all the way back but that after hours was tame on a Friday. Didn't get any news for fireworks but ending around $13.74 makes for a good candle today.
moses1084ever
AG
VIX fell off a cliff at close.
ProgN
moses1084ever said:

VIX fell off a cliff at close.
Anticipation of a trade deal this weekend, IMO. The SPY also spiked AH.
59 South
AG
I just don't see it happening this weekend. I expect it will be something like "good discussions were had and we're closer" or something like that. More sideways stuff killing premiums
59 South
AG
No talk of RRTS in awhile. I'm holding long term and rarely pay much attention but today caught my eye. Big volume green today. I bought a little bit more to lower cost basis. Elliot Capital is buying up more, yes more and they're typically not wrong. Looks like they're executing their comeback plan fairly well. China deal and trucking stocks comeback will equal big money IMO. 2020 price target $50 but what do I know?!? Full turn around and it may be $100 in 18 months.
ProgN
rgag12 said:

My gut says we will either get a tweet that says "Great meeting! We hopefully get this thing resolved soon! But if not, tariffs for us are doing just great!" Or a tweet that says "More tariffs soon!"

ETA: Lifted ban on Huawei too.
gougler08
AG
Prognightmare said:

rgag12 said:

ETA: Lifted ban on Huawei too.

Huawei ban lift should help chip stocks
IrishTxAggie
AG
Also staving off any new tariffs
moses1084ever
AG
Some mentions of China buying ag products from us.. soy beans and pork?
IrishTxAggie
AG
Mainly pork. They don't need the soy because they've lost around 150MM pigs...or that was the last number I got from someone close to the situation. He's been mum lately, so I assume they've made some major threats to the people close to the situation in China if things start to leak.
ProgN
moses1084ever said:

Some mentions of China buying ag products from us.. soy beans and pork?

According to Irish, they have to buy pork from us because their's is ****ed.
Brewmaster
AG
IrishTxAggie
AG
Yeah, but read his tweets. Positive sentiment is going to make the markets run on Monday.
Brewmaster
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

Yeah, but read his tweets. Positive sentiment is going to make the markets run on Monday.
Agree 110%. For some reason I just have that dumb show stuck in my head, ha!

I like this guy's thinking as well...

Quote:

naashonomics @naashonomics 6h6 hours ago

trump is a genuis using #china #TradeTalks to push #recession away for 2-4 years before relection

UpstateAg
AG
If we get a deal, it's going to be bananas for 12-18 months. If we hit over 3000, that's breaking a top that will create some nice resistance.
It makes you wonder what the prices will be of companies near the bottom of the next recession. It's going to be loooooow comparatively. And I'll be needing that to jumpstart some serious retirement savings (out of grad school in 2011 so I missed the 2008-09 lows).
First Page Last Page
Page 620 of 6404

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.