Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,019,757 Views | 224194 Replies | Last: 11 min ago by Chef Elko
oldarmy1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
SFIX pivot off yesterday and likely to move to retest resistance next week at $32. Whole lot of room upward on that one. $37 would be clear sailing on a breakout.
AgShaun00
AG
oldarmy1 said:

rgag12 said:

Has anyone entered, or going to enter, into any positions today in anticipation of news from the Chinese G20 meeting?
Only what I'm in. Doubtful I add unless we see an equity break opening.

WK making a move to trend highs. Options coming back well.
watching WK closely. Just closed xme for 57% gain.
oldarmy1
AG
Come on TWTR. Flash on $34!
AgShaun00
AG
thoughts on SPY 300 July 90 calls?
oldarmy1
AG
AgShaun00 said:

thoughts on SPY 300 July 90 calls?
Risk/Reward big there.

Trade deal and its a lock for huge gains. If not it will open way down against a failed deal and not rosey PMI report.

I am trying to decide which recent superstar to buy puts on as a hedge. DE or NVDA? DE is going through a bear trap move today after hitting resistance, so its the odds on favorite to retreat on no China deal the quickest. Looking at next Friday $165's and would want to exit by Tuesday (hopefully Monday).

Hedge trade only that will lose half its value by opening if a trade deal is reached. But even if trade deal is reached we'll have some back and forth until its SIGNED.
IrishTxAggie
AG
Even when it's signed it will be years of holding the Chinese to the terms. It'll be a huge shot in the arm when a deal is reached, but getting compliance will be a battle for awhile.
oldarmy1
AG
Funny. TWTR intraday minute chart looks identical to its daily chart since 4/24
oldarmy1
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

Even when it's signed it will be years of holding the Chinese to the terms. It'll be a huge shot in the arm when a deal is reached, but getting compliance will be a battle for awhile.
Absolutely. Purely an optics moment for Trump. Then the hard work begins.
IrishTxAggie
AG
Also, I think that if there is "no deal" after this week, JD drops to your 27.5 area
IrishTxAggie
AG
The more I'm reading up on the United Technologies-Raytheon merger, the more I think it won't happen. Lots of opposition building on it
oldarmy1
AG
I went ahead and pulkled the trigger on $36 July 19 TWTR calls.
ProgN
Brewmaster
AG
Quote:

From my limited technical knowledge that I have picked up here that means we should see $14+ today right (based on the cup formation), but $15 isn't out of the question.
You're not alone... I have some OSTK that I bought about a month ago and am waiting it out. Agree, trend seems to point upward.

I read this yesterday, 3 calls placed yesterday totaling almost 700k. Bulls!

Quote:

At 9:24 a.m., there was another buy of Overstock call options with a $13 strike price expiring on July 19 at the ask price of $1.849. The seller added 1,001 call options, a bullish bet worth $185,084.
A final trade went through a little over hour later when a trader purchased an additional 1,500 Overstock call options at a $13 strike price that expire on July 19. The calls were purchased at the ask price of $1.851 and represent a roughly $277,650 bullish bet with a break-even price of $14.85.
After all was said and done, the trading action represented an aggregate bullish bet of roughly $693,934 on Overstock.

gougler08
AG
SUM looks to be holding above its past resistance line, good sign that it can run a bit next week
YNWA_AG
AG
What are you looking for your exit point?
IrishTxAggie
AG
50% at .75 on the 27s and 50% at .35 on the 28s

Several banks have come out with a buy rating of $34 since yesterday and there's been a bit of institutional volume today
tramaro1
AG
Good call on this and thanks Irish! Took at small position on GIS calls, currently sitting at 100% ROI
oldarmy1
AG
OSTK intraday DARVIS BOX

oldarmy1
AG
BREwmaster said:

Quote:

From my limited technical knowledge that I have picked up here that means we should see $14+ today right (based on the cup formation), but $15 isn't out of the question.
You're not alone... I have some OSTK that I bought about a month ago and am waiting it out. Agree, trend seems to point upward.

I read this yesterday, 3 calls placed yesterday totaling almost 700k. Bulls!

Quote:

At 9:24 a.m., there was another buy of Overstock call options with a $13 strike price expiring on July 19 at the ask price of $1.849. The seller added 1,001 call options, a bullish bet worth $185,084.
A final trade went through a little over hour later when a trader purchased an additional 1,500 Overstock call options at a $13 strike price that expire on July 19. The calls were purchased at the ask price of $1.851 and represent a roughly $277,650 bullish bet with a break-even price of $14.85.
After all was said and done, the trading action represented an aggregate bullish bet of roughly $693,934 on Overstock.

Unless they can show the time/sales and that the orders were buys to the ask these could just as easily be covered calls. Generally the closer or in the money a call is the higher the likelihood of being a covered call.

Now the one Prog posted out to January with $30 calls. That ain't no covered call. ha!
oldarmy1
AG
Hold anywhere here and above is a bullish hammer on OSTK.
oldarmy1
AG
Darvis Box breakout attempt met with 40k share resistance on OSTK. Broke above and came back within box. Rising wedge has taken hold and all action is on the upper half of the box. See if buyers say "screw you" Friday profit takers and shorts or if it gives it up for today.
Brewmaster
AG
Good to know! It's been fascinating to watch... thanks for the knowledge dropped here! Funny enough I bought the book you recommended on AMZN used for $5. It was formerly a UK library book of all places.
oldarmy1
AG
Note the midline of Darvis box drawn and all action has ben above that with the failed attempt arrowed and volume. If I were a betting man I'd say a breakout is coming.

oldarmy1
AG
And as I was typing and posting the box was broken upward. Houdini! Nah, just technical stuff
oldarmy1
AG
BREwmaster said:

Good to know! It's been fascinating to watch... thanks for the knowledge dropped here! Funny enough I bought the book you recommended on AMZN used for $5. It was formerly a UK library book of all places.
Excellent. Now that book says if this breakout fails back inside the Darvis Box we'll head to the lower boundary for testing. But if volume comes and a new high is hit then the candle is lit and it will move higher.
oldarmy1
AG
Added more TWTR $36 calls out to Jul 19th. Pattern looks good as long as no fail into close.
oldarmy1
AG
S&P with a bullish pattern on close here or higher. Filled the gap this morning to wipe away eyes checking it on any move upward.

We did not ever fill the lone gap at 2897. Obivously china deal would get that filled fast and we'd be in complete confusion technically. Otherwise that gap is going to be left on trend and only something to consider on a real correction after a big move.

Most traders would trade that gap fill on bad China news to the upside knowing the novice is selling, shorting and put buying on momentum view downward.
oldarmy1
AG
I've spent quite a bit of time on OSTK posting. When you have a significant paradigm shift on a stock that shows upward pivot and has a 65% + float you have the potential ingredients for one of those rare QCOM type moves. I have shares but like options out further for time value. Trade $1 upward for lower premium because the short squeeze of this magnitude (should it happen) would take out everything through $25.

The $30 call buyer out to January has a strategy that I'm not laughing at. At least they are in it in case it happens.

Literally as I was typing - people can see it. I can almost taste it

Aggie_2463
AG
oldarmy1 said:

I've spent quite a bit of time on OSTK posting. When you have a significant paradigm shift on a stock that shows upward pivot and has a 65% + float you have the potential ingredients for one of those rare QCOM type moves. I have shares but like options out further for time value. Trade $1 upward for lower premium because the short squeeze of this magnitude (should it happen) would take out everything through $25.

The $30 call buyer out to January has a strategy that I'm not laughing at. At least they are in it in case it happens.

Literally as I was typing - people can see it. I can almost taste it

So I sold out at $13.50 this morning.

Rode it from $12.87 to $13.50, but then of course I missed my $13 re-entry actually working. Went ahead and jumped back in at $13.60.... I'm going to trust OA1 and ride this to the MOON!
shiphunt
AG
TWTR on an absolute tear the past 35 minutes
oldarmy1
AG
shiphunt said:

TWTR on an absolute tear the past 35 minutes

All I do is try....
oldarmy1
AG
TWTR now close to forming the hammer reversal. How glorious.
oldarmy1
AG
Some pumping going on

oldarmy1
AG
CRUS reverse head and shoulders intraday. Premiums have moved higher.
Aggie_2463
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Some pumping going on

Stocktwits has been saying retail sale announcement and the Tzero app was suppose to be announced this week.
First Page Last Page
Page 619 of 6406

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.