Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

21,999,922 Views | 224169 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by Brian Earl Spilner
ProgN
How long do you want to ignore this user?
What time is the fed decision? 1:30 cst?
Aggie_2463
AG
HEAR up 6.5%.
IrishTxAggie
AG
NIO up 7%
UpstateAg
AG
OSTK. Come on baby.
Aggie_2463
AG
UpstateAg said:

OSTK. Come on baby.
Ugh, Sick I missed that entry this morning. 15 mins late to the party.

Maybe the fed will give me one more shot at it
gougler08
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

NIO up 7%
8.5% now
HoustonAg2014
AG
Prognightmare said:

Quote:

Apple considers moving 15% to 30% of production capacity out of China: report
Today 9:39 AM ET (MarketWatch)
Print
Apple Inc. (AAPL) is considering moving 15% to 30% of its production capacity from China to Southeast Asia, according to a report from the Nikkei Asian Review (https://asia.nikkei.com/Economy/Trade-war/Apple-weighs-15-30-capacity-shift-out-of-China-amid-trade-war), which said that the company has asked its suppliers to look into the costs of such a move. The story, which cites unnamed sources, said that trade tensions between the U.S. and China have Apple considering whether to shift some of its production outside of China but that the company may not turn back on its plans even if the trade disputes were settled since Apple sees heightened risks from its reliance on Chinese manufacturing. Apple declined to comment in the Nikkei Asian Review's report. Wedbush analyst Daniel Ives said that "in a best-case scenario," Apple would likely be able to shift 5% to 7% of its iPhone production to India within 12 to 18 months. "Moving 15% of its iPhone production from China to other regions (India and Vietnam would be top candidates) would take at least two to three years in our opinion given the complexity and logistics involved in such a gargantuan endeavor and clearly have its share of risks (e.g., supply chain disruption, higher costs)," he wrote. Apple shares have gained 29% so far this year. The Dow Jones Industrial Average has climbed 14% in that time.
Announcements like this from companies as large as AAPL will bring the Chinese to a deal.
I'm wondering if Trump got inside Cook's head. This will put some pressure on China no doubt... Maybe some beneficial exemptions for Apple for at least putting it out there to scare China?
oldarmy1
AG
OSTK need to see $10.50 and we're off
Aggie_2463
AG
What's the feel on TEUM?

It's hanging around that $2.80 mark. Anyone still bullish on it long term?
gougler08
AG
oldarmy1 said:

OSTK need to see $10.50 and we're off
Yep, 10.40 or so has been firm resistance
IrishTxAggie
AG
Nice call by whoever it was that said DE $160 this week
oldarmy1
AG
Aggie_2463 said:

What's the feel on TEUM?

I took some covered calls as it dropped but held onto shares. Yeah, they have a shaggy building in one of their footprints. They have it on their website forever, so it was nothing new yet became a center-piece of the hit article.

Dell started in a dorm room, PineSol in a garage, AMZN same. Is that how we make our investment decisions on new companies now?
Aggie_2463
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Aggie_2463 said:

What's the feel on TEUM?

I took some covered calls as it dropped but held onto shares. Yeah, they have a shaggy building in one of their footprints. They have it on their website forever, so it was nothing new yet became a center-piece of the hit article.

Dell started in a dorm room, PineSol in a garage, AMZN same. Is that how we make our investment decisions on new companies now?
I'm thinking it's kind of settled since that article and now may be a good entry point.
oldarmy1
AG
Aggie_2463 said:

oldarmy1 said:

Aggie_2463 said:

What's the feel on TEUM?

I'm thinking it's kind of settled since that article and now may be a good entry point.
In 401k/SEP accounts I bought a bunch at $2.50 and sold the October $2.50 calls on the bounce for $1+. That's a 66% ROI because I'm with you on the settling part.
IrishTxAggie
AG
TRNX
oldarmy1
AG
ZYNE with a failing breakout
IrishTxAggie
AG
Quite the minute chart for NIO
oldarmy1
AG
ENT $0.83
10.68% today and 16% from posting. Money is money no matter how small the stock.
4RunnerAggie
AG
OSTK, this is your time, now go out and take it!
jtmoney03
AG
oldarmy1 said:

ENT $0.83
10.68% today and 16% from posting. Money is money no matter how small the stock.

I did some DD on this one after you posted and like it quite a bit. Jumped in with you a day later. Let's go ahead and hit that 2.50 again!
EngrAg14
AG
I don't quite get why the markets are slow today.

We don't expect a rate increase, if no increase happens its likely due to waiting to see what happens with china and is told to us as such.
What else gives?
Shundere
I assume people don't trust Powell and wanted to take money off the table just to be safe.
oldarmy1
AG
We do have a gap on the S&P at 2897. Would really prefer to leave that one for a correction fill after a post breakout trend move. Selling gained some momentum and I'm down to .5% gains on the day.
oldarmy1
AG
I bought cheap ROKU Puts $100 in case markets really roll over. I figure ROKU with the big insider sales might have a flush move back below $100 by Friday.

I don't think we get a rate cut today.
rgag12
AG
From what I've read, the days leading up to a fed decision are usually pretty slow. Yesterday was an exception.

I think people are not sure about what's going to happen and how the markets will react. I think the best case scenario if you want stocks to jump up is that Powell says that a rate cut in the future is possible.

In my opinion, If Powell cuts rates immediately that would signal a recession. If Powell says no rate cuts for sometime then I think you'd see a sell-off as well.

Either way I don't have any positions open as I have no clue what will happen.
ProgN
Didn't AAPL also start out in a garage of Jobs' parents house?
ProgN
EngrAg14 said:

I don't quite get why the markets are slow today.

We don't expect a rate increase, if no increase happens its likely due to waiting to see what happens with china and is told to us as such.
What else gives?
IMO, the market is waiting on the fed minutes more than the decision. It wants to see if the fed is prepared to cut 2 or 3 times this year. It's going to swing big one way or the other at 1:30.
UpstateAg
AG
I think people are going to be very disappointed. Trump especially.
Aggie_2463
AG
Is it not possible for Powell to announce no rate cut currently, like expected, and the market stay flat until china talks next week?

I mean most people expect them to not cut rates until maybe July, right?
Shundere
No cut now, no cut this year.
shiphunt
AG
That is clearly not what the SEP says
IrishTxAggie
AG
oldarmy1
AG
I just placed covered calls on this spike up
IrishTxAggie
AG
I exited all of my weeklys
Aggie_2463
AG
So.... rates unchanged, and most still expect a potential cut in July.
First Page Last Page
Page 601 of 6405

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.