Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,086,405 Views | 224470 Replies | Last: 4 min ago by McInnis 03
gougler08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
This MU sell off seems a little aggressive...and yes, I think MU is a very good long term buy
gougler08
AG
That V Bottom on the SPX minute chart was very clean
AgShaun00
AG
A stock like bidu which is getting hammered, what do you look at besides a china deal to get back into a stock like this one.
leoj
AG
50 cent Tesla trader is back
Buyer 1900 $TSLA Jan2020 $50 puts for $1.72
and he/she paid above ask!
$TSLAQ

Over 7000 $TSLA $TSLAQ Jan2020 $50 puts have now traded with rumors that a new short seller will emerge and pump his Tesla short on CNBC

@realwillmeade
leoj
AG
I'm guessing some news just dropped on FB
leoj
AG
The head of a large tech company didn't think that emails would come out eventually?

$FB Facebook Worries Emails Could Show Zuckerberg Knew Of Questionable Privacy Practices WSJ
badharambe
AG
trying INSY here. not for the faint of heart.

edit:
current position at .45
40% float short, 26 mil shares according to finviz
moving on positive bankruptcy news. definitely wont hold over night.

Ill keep buying dips as long as it holds my trend. would love to add at .37

~~ #2
havent gotten the 37 add, did add and have new average of .437. I will not be chasing, plan is adding dips for rest of day.

#4 1 pm
added .468. current average .4457,

#5 - was swinging for the fences and got stopped out for -.5%. too greedy.
IrishTxAggie
AG
I used to visit/post on Facebook fairly routinely up until about six months ago. Now the amount of ads and random crap from groups I don't follow is too much. I'm not seeing most of my friends' stuff and even if I have I set to "recent posts" on my News Feed, it's still not in chronological order. It's aggravating as hell.

Getting pretty close to ditching it all together.
FriskyGardenGnome
AG
EBAY nearing some resistance (top of Darvas box since March).
leoj
AG
I never get on mine unless there is something specific I need to see or do.

Huge $AMD Lottos being purchased in June July $35 calls right before AMD has analyst conference with UBS today. Wow! - @realwillmeade
ProgN
Is there any specific news that's bringing down the chip stocks today?
leoj
AG
All I've seen is that Evercore put out a note saying that the memory cycle won't recover until 2H 2020 and downgraded LRCX
ProgN
Thanks, that makes a little more sense.
UpstateAg
AG
Not sure if this was posted, but here's a report that goes against the short sale article posted last week On TEUM. https://www.benzinga.com/analyst-ratings/analyst-color/19/06/13895539/oppenheimer-disputes-short-report-on-pareteum
ProgN
Quote:

Micron Earnings Will Tumble Because Chip Prices Have Further to Fall, Analyst Says -- Barrons.com
1:30 pm ET June 12, 2019 (Dow Jones) Print
By Tae Kim

The memory chip industry will face more difficult times the rest of the year, according to Evercore ISI, which lowered its earnings estimates for Micron citing weaker industry conditions.

The back story. Micron Technology stock (ticker: MU) has been sliding for the past month as hope for a recovery in chip prices has faltered. A few months ago, the stock was up more than 30% for the year.

The chip maker is a leader in the DRAM and NAND memory-semiconductor markets. DRAM stands for dynamic random-access memory, which is used in desktop computers and servers, while NAND is flash memory, found in smartphones and solid-state hard drives.

What's new. Evercore ISI analyst C.J. Muse on Wednesday lowered his earnings estimates for Micron saying the company will be negatively impacted by weaker conditions in the memory industry. He reaffirmed his Outperform rating for the stock.

"We believe that a slower demand recovery coupled with excess inventory is leading to steeper than expected pricing declines through the remainder of the year," he wrote.

Micron stock was down 5.1% to $33.06 on Wednesday. The company did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

The analyst lowered his Micron earnings per share estimates to $2.86 from $3.24 for 2019 and to 67 cents from $2.75 for 2020.

Looking ahead. The analyst reaffirmed his $60 price target for Micron stock due to his confidence in the company's long-term opportunities.

Earlier this month, Barron's suggested there may be more downside for the chip sector due to deteriorating fundamentals.

Write to Tae Kim at t
Wouldn't most of this info already be priced into the stock?
UpstateAg
AG
Let it fall. 32.50 is my next buy mark.
IrishTxAggie
AG
Dis here is what we call a "Hit Piece"
59 South
AG
Who knows, maybe MU can be our next ROKU...
leoj
AG
I would really love to see the analysis that led to that 2020 eps reduction
leoj
AG
They still have $7.5b left on the buyback. At today's price that is 20% of the outstanding shares. And eps is going to decrease from 2.75 to .67 for the full year when they also have $6b in cash on hand and last quarter's diluted eps was $1.45?
YNWA_AG
AG
LULU with an exciting earnings. Dropped all the way to 155. Now back up to $176
leoj
AG
I saw that and the first thing I thought of is when OA was bringing up the $100 calls when it was in low $90s as a magnet option play.
aunuwyn08
AG
Is there an option play with MU that is obvious? I'm seriously at a loss for why it continues to tank despite outstanding fundamentals.
leoj
AG
There's a lot of open interest for the June 2020 $40 calls. Someone else could chime in on the price of the actual options.
gougler08
AG
aunuwyn08 said:

Is there an option play with MU that is obvious? I'm seriously at a loss for why it continues to tank despite outstanding fundamentals.

It's a long position for me so I'm just selling puts and pocketing premium or lowering my cost base a bit. I think it's back above 40 here in the next 6 months easy
EngrAg14
AG
gougler08 said:

aunuwyn08 said:

It's a long position for me so I'm just selling puts and pocketing premium or lowering my cost base a bit. I think it's back above 40 here in the next 6 months easy

Earnings are quite possibly it especially if a trade deal is made shortly after or even a mention of good news out of the summit!
aunuwyn08
AG
https://www.tomshardware.com/news/amd-ryzen-3950x-vs-intel-i9-9980xe-geekbench,39640.html

Well looks like I was an idiot selling AMD calls so soon. Looks like the new AMDs are absolutely slaughtering the Intel top of the line chips in real benchmarks. I'm not sure what the right play in AMD is now, but I think if you hold Intel you need to bail ASAP or buy puts. I don't think anyone reasonably thought Intel would be this far behind without any bullets to fire back with.
YNWA_AG
AG
That's pretty big, because tom's hardware is usually biased towards intel.
aunuwyn08
AG
Yup. So we looking at June 21 $43 Intel puts for only .08???
tailgatetimer10
AG
New Ryzen/Rome is an awesome design, unlike anything on the market especially considering it's price point. It's all going to come down to execution of manufacturing to their guidance...
dlp3719
AG
INTC has not been under $43 since mid 2017. It could happen for sure. Not sure it happens by June 21. Has to break some major support levels.
oldarmy1
AG
2 tankers torpedoed sends oil popping. Oil stocks get a bounce
ProgN
What your opinion of that MU hit piece I posted yesterday? Does it change your strategy any?
Rice and Fries
UpstateAg said:

Not sure if this was posted, but here's a report that goes against the short sale article posted last week On TEUM. https://www.benzinga.com/analyst-ratings/analyst-color/19/06/13895539/oppenheimer-disputes-short-report-on-pareteum

That report tells us nothing besides....

1. It's two largest are Vodaphone and Telenet
2. Less than 20 percent are start ups

Ok that's fine. But it still does not release the manangement from their previous actions related to Catcher Holdings and such.

Let me ask the TEUM guys a question, would you still knowingly trust and support a company who has a CEO, COO, CFO and a such that had a company go completely belly up and **** down. Not due to market forces but because of complete misdirection?

Now if they were able to have a compelling story as to what happened, it might be easy to get past it. But they've done nothing to quell fears.

All I'm saying is that maybe reading the Aurelia Value short report and do a little DD. I may be totally wrong.
oldarmy1
AG
Prognightmare said:

What your opinion of that MU hit piece I posted yesterday? Does it change your strategy any?

Nope.
First Page Last Page
Page 591 of 6414

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.