Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,103,662 Views | 224586 Replies | Last: 35 sec ago by ProgN
tramaro1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I went ahead and exited all my AMD calls this morning. Thanks for the heads up on that option earlier on!
IrishTxAggie
AG
oldarmy1 said:

OSTK has the looks of a bottom finally. If so then look for a move above $10 with close to confirm. Unless a catalyst hits for rapid rise it looks more of a slow trend that would escalate if/once it reaches above $11.50.

It seems OSTK just can't help themselves with the crypto crap...

https://seekingalpha.com/news/3470097-overstock-com-eyes-blockchain-potential-africa?source=feed_news_all

Quote:

Overstock.com (NASDAQSTK) says its Medici Land Governance blockchain subsidiary signed an agreement with Liberia's Ministry of Finance and Development Planning.

The company memorandum of understanding is expected to lead to a pro bono pilot project exploring the potential for the digitization of existing government services and the development of e-government platforms in the African country.

Overstock.com CEO Patrick Byrne says African nations are growing enthusiastic about the possibility of using blockchain to accelerate their development.
tailgatetimer10
AG
AMD announced their 16 core, 32 thread at e3
ProgN
oldarmy1
AG
Dan's a good follow. Educated trader.

And I noticed NFLX, ROKU and DIS all had red days at some point today. Definitely something going on sector wise.
ProgN
FWIW, Cramer told a caller not to buy ROKU because he expects a pullback and he said buy it at a better price. It was on MM today.
ProgN
I like following Dan and he is good.
CheladaAg
AG
NFLX was a weird one in the afternoon. Even though the daily shows a bearish engulfing candle, the 15 min chart shows a falling wedge. I think there will be a spike continuing from the bullish signal but from there it could end the day falling to support levels. I'm playing a weekly call and plan to sell in the am if it spikes. All of course hinges on the macros.
EngrAg14
AG
tailgatetimer10 said:

AMD announced their 16 core, 32 thread at e3

I need to look into this more but if this is true about the streaming portion, that is a ton of support right there for a huge way of initial buys.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.theverge.com/platform/amp/2019/6/10/18660213/amd-ryzen-9-3950x-16-core-gaming-cpu-processor-e3-2019
gougler08
AG
Futures +14
FriskyGardenGnome
AG
pilot_64 said:

Read this interesting article about using a Fibonacci based product 'Fibo Scalper'.Any forum members have knowledge of it or similar products that work...https://bartonisports.home.blog/2019/06/09/fibonacci-and-how-it-can-make-you-rich/
IMO Fib. retracements and extensions can be useful. There's nothing magic or mystical about them, but it's an easy way to project a target price when other technicals are absent. I certainly would not pay for any software just to mark Fib. retracements. Fib. projections are generally included in any half-decent charting software, or just break out a calculator and tag the levels manually.

Here's an example with a recent trade on NEE I made. I went long after it broke out of the Darvas Box and later retraced back 50% of the run and broke out again. I used a Fib extension to get a target price based on the initial move out of the box (shown in fig). I usually start exiting positions at a 50% Fib level and watch to close as it moves. This one stopped and reversed right near 61%. I exited the trade as that reversal candle was developing. Net was about 700% gain, I believe. You can see it's retraced right at 61% of the little run as of close yesterday.

[img][/img]

FriskyGardenGnome
AG
NVO with a strong breakout of recent D. Box on volume. I generally hate biotechs, so I'm on the fence about trading this one might take a little position this am.
oldarmy1
AG
Wouldn't want to be a short during this squeeze. Bet a lot were trapped this morning and are praying for a gap and drop, to begin a consolidation.

If China deal actually materializes new highs and a bull move is coming.
oldarmy1
oldarmy1
AG
I think it was Ranger who mentioned the huge reverse head & shoulder potential.

Well done. The steep right side run means it's not a dead cat bounce.
gougler08
AG
BYND down 8% premarket...let's see if it goes crazy again today or drops back down to reality
ProgN
Is the PM trade on WLL a misprint? I'm at the gym and can't find any news.
IrishTxAggie
AG
I'm showing a $19.28 buy of 220 shares at 5:45AM. Not sure that price will hold into market, but I hope so considering I've got $18 weeklys that I got for $.30
FriskyGardenGnome
AG
I see Bid: 17.75x3, Ask: 17.95x1
IrishTxAggie
AG
The $19.28 buy was an anomaly. Someone messed up and overpaid by about $2/share.
leoj
AG
Haha, always need to check yourself
Shundere
I still have half of my positions in INTC and MU open. Would you suggest holding and hope this thing rips? Or take profits to open up some money?
IrishTxAggie
AG
I personally took the rest of the $35 6/21 MU off at $1.35 and took off my $48 6/28 INTC off at $.75
Shundere
Beating myself up for giving up on MCHP
tramaro1
AG
Got out of the rest of my MU
leoj
AG
There's a few gaps to fill below now right?
rgag12
AG
Got out of my Netflix long calls right at open when it flashed to $356. Booked a solid profit, and probably gave some up, but I'm way too nervous about that one.
FriskyGardenGnome
AG
CSCO with a breakout over its recent trading range.
CheladaAg
AG
I went ahead and got out of my NFLX 370 calls for a ~70% return.
E
AG
TEUM making me sad in pants again...
TheCougarHunter
AG
Well, I bought my first AMZN share at opening. Here we go

Already made 20 bucks, I can retire early now
IrishTxAggie
AG
TheCougarHunter said:

Well, I bought my first AMZN share. Here we go
Nice timing. Amazon just announced they'll be ending their restaurant delivery service. GrubHub will have a nice day
TheCougarHunter
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

TheCougarHunter said:

Well, I bought my first AMZN share. Here we go
Nice timing. Amazon just announced they'll be ending their restaurant delivery service. GrubHub will have a nice day
Eh. Probably a good reason they ended it ie it wasn't profitable
CheladaAg
AG
SFIX having a nice morning
Rice and Fries
E said:

TEUM making me sad in pants again...
After reading the short report I posted yesterday and further researching the management, I went ahead and sold out at $3.00 for a $0.40/share loss. Was rather eye-opening and would rather have the peace of mind.
First Page Last Page
Page 588 of 6417

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.