Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,065,330 Views | 224409 Replies | Last: 15 min ago by spud1910
Dobre casy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Is anybody staying in TEUM?
IrishTxAggie
AG
Out of 3/4 of my MU 6/21 $35s at $1.15 at a 135% return.

Set a sell for the remaining 1/4 at $1.50
oldarmy1
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

Right there with ya!

Of course if China deal is made these stocks will jump another 10%+
Rice and Fries
Dobre casy said:

Not going to sell now at a loss....its a buy and hold long term.
IrishTxAggie
AG
Yep. But I don't think China gets done in the month of June.
E
AG
Rice and Fries said:

Dobre casy said:

Not going to sell now at a loss....its a buy and hold long term.

Im staying in, just on sheer hope.

The CEO finally put out a letter about the issue and it sounds pretty "corporatey"
gougler08
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

You may get it today
IrishTxAggie
AG
I would be okay with that...
IrishTxAggie
AG
Parateum comments on the short sale

Quote:

Pareteum has issued a statement to reassure investors after its stock suffered a sharp fall on 07 June. The company said it was a victim of short-selling.

The share price lost over USD 1 to close at USD 2.16 on 07 June. In early trading on 10 June it had recovered some of the losses to trade over USD 3.

The company acknowledged that "short selling is legal and it is an important part of the capital markets". However, certain short sellers have used "questionable tactics, including leveraging the media to misrepresent facts and make anonymous spurious claims against the company and its officers," Pareteum said in a statement.

This follows a report from the research group Aurelius Value that said it was shorting Pareteum stock. Its investigations cast doubt on some of the customers announced by Pareteum, the reputation of some members of the company's management and whether the extensive backlog can be converted into returns for investors.

Pareteum "categorically denies the allegations put forth" and said "every one of us at Pareteum is fully dedicated to upholding the highest standards and reporting requirements of a public company". The company added that it "did not intend to legitimize those reports by delving in to them".

The group said it will "continue to focus on operating our business and generating strong financial results. We believe executing on this plan will ultimately create significant value for long term shareholders."

Rice and Fries
IrishTxAggie said:

Parateum comments on the short sale

Quote:

Pareteum has issued a statement to reassure investors after its stock suffered a sharp fall on 07 June. The company said it was a victim of short-selling.

The share price lost over USD 1 to close at USD 2.16 on 07 June. In early trading on 10 June it had recovered some of the losses to trade over USD 3.

The company acknowledged that "short selling is legal and it is an important part of the capital markets". However, certain short sellers have used "questionable tactics, including leveraging the media to misrepresent facts and make anonymous spurious claims against the company and its officers," Pareteum said in a statement.

This follows a report from the research group Aurelius Value that said it was shorting Pareteum stock. Its investigations cast doubt on some of the customers announced by Pareteum, the reputation of some members of the company's management and whether the extensive backlog can be converted into returns for investors.

Pareteum "categorically denies the allegations put forth" and said "every one of us at Pareteum is fully dedicated to upholding the highest standards and reporting requirements of a public company". The company added that it "did not intend to legitimize those reports by delving in to them".

The group said it will "continue to focus on operating our business and generating strong financial results. We believe executing on this plan will ultimately create significant value for long term shareholders."

TEUM Holders should read this from the aforementioned Aurelius Value...

http://aureliusvalue.com/research/teum-where-are-the-customers/

Quote:

TEUM's Management Team Has Extensive Ties to Previous Alleged Frauds and Failures
TEUM's biographies of Turner and Chief Operating Officer, Denis McCarthy, fail to disclose their respective roles as CEO and CFO of Catcher Holdings, a now worthless stock that was owned by a group that included an entity controlled by Barry Honig, who was charged by the SEC last October with fraud for allegedly masterminding a series of pump and dump schemes. On May 22nd, CNBC reported there is a parallel criminal investigation into Honig's alleged pump and dump ring being conducted by the U.S. Attorney's Office of San Francisco.
Catcher had declared itself "a visionary technology leader" with clients "among the world's largest private and public companies". After joining in early 2007, Turner told investors Catcher "is a great company" and "will be a greater company through our execution". But just weeks after completing an acquisition in December 2007, Turner suddenly left Catcher which quickly collapsed in April 2008 due to "insufficiency of working capital". Turner resurfaced with McCarthy and TEUM's now-CCO, Vic Bozzo, at Pac-West Telecom, but left in 2011 and that company later filed bankruptcy in 2013.

IrishTxAggie
AG
TLRY having quite the morning
YNWA_AG
AG
AMD passed 52 week high
leoj
AG
ZM going nuts, QCOM taking back some of the recent losses
IrishTxAggie
AG
Have an eye on SQ right now too
IrishTxAggie
AG
NIO just took a steep drop. Opportunity to get in on the 1/21 leaps for a little cheaper
Ragoo
AG
H/S on the 1-minute SPY here.
tailgatetimer10
AG
13 year high, you mean!
Ragoo
AG
Ragoo said:

H/S on the 1-minute SPY here.
so I traded this buying puts. I made 30% or so on the small trade I made.
badharambe
AG
thats true, but they sell games online too...enabling customers to pick up in the store that day if they want, or just download to their systems that day as well.

Reasons to buy imo: sentiment is so negative, the continued growth of the gaming industry, and solid financials.
IrishTxAggie
AG
Piss off on whichever one of you went just over me to $.66 on the NIO leaps!! I only got 1 fill at $.65!
Ragoo
AG
badharambe said:

thats true, but they sell games online too...enabling customers to pick up in the store that day if they want, or just download to their systems that day as well.

Reasons to buy imo: sentiment is so negative, the continued growth of the gaming industry, and solid financials.
feels like buying a depressed business hoping for a bounce.
Great business, good price?
Good business, great price?
Bad business, good price?

Feels like the latter.
leoj
AG
Market about to take a breather for a day or two after the last week?
YNWA_AG
AG
That's fair. Another console lifecycle in 2020 as well.
oldarmy1
AG
Big head and shoulders intraday on the S&P. Bust that and we have another leg upward. Otherwise a consolidation cycle would be great because we are back to BUY THE DIPS trading
oldarmy1
AG
CSCO moved all the way back up from $52's to challenge its previous resistance high. I say any consolidation makes it in play. $54.50 area would be target entry.
IrishTxAggie
AG
What's your temperature on JD right now?

I got out of the rest of my MU at $1.35. Wanted the equity back to toy around with today.
CheladaAg
AG
Any thoughts on NFLX weeklies? Looks to be rolling over.
IrishTxAggie
AG
Got in on some WLL $18 weeklys at $.32
oldarmy1
AG
Under $26.75 I'll grab some $28 calls out 2 weeks.
oldarmy1
AG
OLED was an animal off the bottom.....again
Aggie_2463
AG
has RIG found it's bottom around $6?
IrishTxAggie
AG
https://seekingalpha.com/news/3470127-baml-warns-high-leverage-transocean?source=feed_news_all

Bank of America Merrill Lynch picks up coverage on Transocean (RIG +0.7%) again with a Neutral rating and 12-month price objective of $6.50.

"Leverage is high and negative FCF likely persists despite the backlog, offsetting a favorable relative valuation," updates the firm.

BAML's Neutral rating on RIG is consistent with the SA Authors consensus rating, while the average sell-side rating is Outperform
oldarmy1
AG
OSTK has the looks of a bottom finally. If so then look for a move above $10 with close to confirm. Unless a catalyst hits for rapid rise it looks more of a slow trend that would escalate if/once it reaches above $11.50.
oldarmy1
AG
The selloff that V bottomed this afternoon was due to a helicopter crashing into a building in New York. That always sends shivers into the market. It also likely created a quick consolidation that will get a bounce move.
aunuwyn08
AG
Prognightmare said:

tramaro1 said:

Who was the AMD expert? Are you continuing to hold your calls and riding the movement up or getting out while it is high? I am net free on my handful of calls and just have been watching it continue to rise. Trying not to get greedy though.
I'd sell. The short term news has all come out and it's moved from $27-34 in less than 2 weeks. Think about QCOM recently. It shot up on huge news and then comes back down. I'm taking my profits and waiting. JMO
100% agree, sell on the rumor and there are no more rumors. The biggest risk with holding AMD is that the hardware reviewers get their hands on new products launching in July and they don't perform as well as they are hyped, or Intel launches a price cut campaign to maintain market share. I think both scenarios are very likely, and you are already starting to see Intel call into question many of AMDs benchmarks.
First Page Last Page
Page 587 of 6412

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.