Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,100,124 Views | 224561 Replies | Last: 6 hrs ago by ProgN
ProgN
How long do you want to ignore this user?
IrishTxAggie said:

I'd rather take the lumps all at once instead of dragged out over 18 months.
I wonder if he's doing this on purpose to force the fed's hand into cutting rates.
IrishTxAggie
AG
50D chess
ProgN
Bob Knights Paper Hands
My plan in times like these 8s to have enough invested in the market and enough on the sidelines that I truly am okay with whichever way the market goes. Though my preference would be to repeat last Dec-Jan where it spikes downward and rebounds.
jmcfar_98
AG
Happy Birthday OA1. Hopefully you asked for a US/China trade deal for your birthday?
badharambe
AG
TLDR: crazy bear and infrequent poster is ready for the next two years of mass hysteria of bullishness and is positioning for s&p to go up at least 30% and btc & eth to hit new highs. Not a recommendation to buy, I am an idiot and am wrong 99% of the time.

I would love to hear yalls long term thoughts on the market!

texags resident bear coming out to play. I hope everyone has been preserving capital the last few weeks as us bears come to play.
its been a fun pull back but it seems like we are getting close to as negative as possible and should be bottoming in the next 100 points or so on the S&P.

i will NO LONGER be a bear. I have gone full BULL. (happy to join the gang!)

I took out half my companies 401k savings at 2800 and the other half at 2900. Shouldn't be playing with it, but I get bored at work. I have started putting money back in with a total of 20% on Friday.

I AM TOO BULLISH. For the next 1.5-2 years as I believe we are beginning to ramp into the end of the cycle and push to a new high in bubbles.....making the internet boom look like a fart.

(I say bubbles because I believe crypto-mania will be back and have been saying for a while to buy but no one listens until btc doubles.)

this is my call, do your own research, and form your own opinions I am not OA1. I dont know much about the markets and am an overall village idiot.

partly why i am bullish:

rgag12
AG
I liked that video embedded in the tweet. Very rational way of looking at things and putting the current situation in perspective.

When will this current pullback end? 10%? I don't know, but I can definitely see the market bouncing back taking out new highs in a years time.
oldarmy1
AG
Might make the opening futures even more red. Still say a hard negative open is a trade to buy for a 2 day+ bounce. Then again who knows what may be tweeted or said from all of these lines in the water.
ProgN
Happy Birthday brother.
IrishTxAggie
AG
Flagged...we all know Gary. Go back to 16
ProgN
IrishTxAggie said:

Flagged...we all know Gary. Go back to 16
Yep
oldarmy1
AG
-12 futures. Well if you can't have a no brainer huge down opening then the next best thing is to wait until after opening and hope a deeper sell off comes and volume shows itself.
YNWA_AG
AG
oldarmy1 said:

-12 futures. Well if you can't have a no brainer huge down opening then the next best thing is to wait until after opening and hope a deeper sell off comes and volume shows itself.
What stocks are you looking at if we have a rebound near-term? DE and PLNT showed some good recovery bounce this week.
oldarmy1
AG
YNWA_AG said:

oldarmy1 said:

What stocks are you looking at if we have a rebound near-term? DE and PLNT showed some good recovery bounce this week.

I saw the PLNT volume too. So that, yes DE, CSCO, FMC and MSFT. Maybe SQ if it were to come under $60. And also IWM for a broad brush rise.
pacecar02
Happy Birthday OA!
no sig
Laser Wolf
What's a good android app for tracking the stock market?
gougler08
AG
-9 on futures now, don't think we are getting a gap to open but would like to fill 2744 today
TheCougarHunter
AG
Soooooo....will this morning be a good time to buy?
oldarmy1
AG
TheCougarHunter said:

Soooooo....will this morning be a good time to buy?

Not based on current action. Markets prolonging the big shake sell off to end a correction makes me sit on my hands.
monarch
S
Depends on how big your nuts are Cougar; buy when the market opens or wait a few hours and read the pattern.
Peace for Ukraine!
oldarmy1
AG
Just remember, the longer a stock (or stocks) give easy openings at low prices the better the odds you aren't buying the lows.
gougler08
AG
NFLX going to test that 341 Darvis Box low again today
IrishTxAggie
AG
gougler08 said:

NFLX needs to get their ish together. If they don't get their spending under control for content, both original and licensed, they're screwed. Disney+ is going to rip them apart and then you have the other cable providers coming out with streaming services in the near future too. NFLX reigned supreme for awhile, but they went for that third trap of cheese and the mouse behind them is going to get it this time.
gougler08
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

gougler08 said:

NFLX needs to get their ish together. If they don't get their spending under control for content, both original and licensed, they're screwed. Disney+ is going to rip them apart and then you have the other cable providers coming out with streaming services in the near future too. NFLX reigned supreme for awhile, but they went for that third trap of cheese and the mouse behind them is going to get it this time.
If it falls out of the box today, I'm bailing and taking my very small profit from a medium hold...don't like their long term future at all. Was hoping to sell at the top of the box but I'm worried that they are going to head down and fill all those gaps at some point
oldarmy1
AG
Futures pressing up into the open. A trend bounce to fill that 2777 last gap would be in play. 2801 would be stretch and 2851 would make peoples jaws drop.
ProgN
Look at the SMH. I think the bloodletting in semis is almost over. What month/strike looks like a good value to you?
IrishTxAggie
AG
It will be interesting to see if STZ closes that mega gap it left from the tariff announcement on Friday. I'm eyeing the $180 weeklys at opening to see how it starts
oldarmy1
AG
Prognightmare said:

Look at the SMH. I think the bloodletting in semis is almost over. What month/strike looks like a good value to you?
When markets have sold off and your stock/sector trade is being considered go short horizon on cheaper premium. If you're right you get the nice score but if you're wrong you limit loss. $101 weekly would be my trade.

You can see the big volume creating the large selloff. Then volume begins to decrease. Now that decrease in volume MIGHT be the end of selling but it MIGHT also be that the bears have established control. Right now a bounce would not be a surprise because you can see that we have dropped back to last major spring board support. We also have that green volume day when it flashed below that mark last week.

p.s. I hate Imgur now. They changed their format and I can't get a picture to post.

https://imgur.com/a/TzPBHcq
ProgN
rgag12
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Futures pressing up into the open. A trend bounce to fill that 2777 last gap would be in play. 2801 would be stretch and 2851 would make peoples jaws drop.

2851 after the week we just had and the uncertainty still hanging around the trade war would make my jaw certainly drop!
ProgN
A weak ADP and non-farm payroll number could actually help the markets, IMO.
jtmoney03
AG
AVEO is up today...gonna be a **** day in the markets!
Rice and Fries
oldarmy1
AG
BAC weekly $27 a decent risk/reward trade around 20 cents
IrishTxAggie
AG
jtmoney03 said:

AVEO is up today...gonna be a **** day in the markets!
Considering how many shares and how under the water I am with those little ****ers, I'm okay with this...
First Page Last Page
Page 573 of 6417

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.