Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,088,859 Views | 224479 Replies | Last: 43 min ago by sts7049
Beerosch
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
NIO getting killed again today. Glad I cut my losses a ways back. I know awhile back people on here were saying they felt it was a good long term investment. Do any of y'all still feel that way?
IrishTxAggie
AG
Beerosch said:

NIO getting killed again today. Glad I cut my losses a ways back. I know awhile back people on here were saying they felt it was a good long term investment. Do any of y'all still feel that way?
Yep! Just not until something happens with the Chinese trade agreement.
JobSecurity
AG
LPSN trying to break down instead of up. Need a close back in the box today. Unfortunately the options are nearly worthless now so probably will have to hold and hope it goes back up next month
DRE06
AG
Also thinking about adding to my STZ position. Down 7% today on tariffs on Corona/Modelo.

Previous selloffs due to NAFTA and Tariff news have proven to be good buying opportunities.
gougler08
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

Beerosch said:

Agreed...but I'm also done lowering my cost base at this point unless I sell covered calls way out
IrishTxAggie
AG
AVEO up in a sea of red
oldarmy1
AG
gougler08 said:

IrishTxAggie said:

Beerosch said:

Agreed...but I'm also done lowering my cost base at this point unless I sell covered calls way out
$5 2021 LEAPS for $0.70 and forget about it
oldarmy1
AG
Does this feel like a bottom to anyone? Intraday bottom might have been set. Maybe even a bounce on trend but I've seen nothing to suggest a macro shift.
gougler08
AG
oldarmy1 said:

gougler08 said:

IrishTxAggie said:

Beerosch said:

$5 2021 LEAPS for $0.70 and forget about it
I did Nov 2019 for $0.20 (and covered half my position). If we aren't there when those come up, will probably just do the same for another few months out and keep pocketing some premium on it at least
gougler08
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Does this feel like a bottom to anyone? Intraday bottom might have been set. Maybe even a bounce on trend but I've seen nothing to suggest a macro shift.
Agreed...just feels like we're slightly coasting up, I guess a green hammer technical (if we end that way) would make me feel a bit better about it
Ridge14
Hoping for some fresh tweets from Trump soon

claym711
AG
Monthly candle is awfully ugly right now.
oldarmy1
AG
So we've managed to come back to just above where we opened. Have I made that observation before?
gougler08
AG
oldarmy1 said:

So we've managed to come back to just above where we opened. Have I made that observation before?
Long way to go, but staying here for the day would leave the green hammer...
EngrAg14
AG
Beerosch said:

Bought a $3 put and made 170% before I left. Almost want to buy a $2.5 for end of June but afraid 3 is its resistance.
oldarmy1
AG
gougler08 said:

oldarmy1 said:

Same pattern as last few days. Open ugly, sell down, have a rise just beyond opening (to suck people in) reverse.
EngrAg14
AG
oldarmy1 said:

gougler08 said:

oldarmy1 said:

Same pattern as last few days. Open ugly, sell down, have a rise just beyond opening (to suck people in) reverse.

Could this be a Darvas box squeezing till a breakout is made either up or down?
gougler08
AG
SUM may be trying to reverse, nice green candle on a down market day
gougler08
AG
Hell we may fill that SPX gap today
oldarmy1
AG
Remember when I said I didn't want to risk owning NVDA because it could be at $135? It's there. And I don't think it stops either. Right now the fundamentals have changed and its a broken stock.
gougler08
AG
Lets see if we double bottom here or fall out more in to the close
Ragoo
AG
Light gamble.

Bought GILD $63 call out to June 21.
oldarmy1
AG
EngrAg14
AG
OA1, do you agree with this?
I noticed the trends looked similar to both of those periods earlier this week, but wasnt completely sold.
However with NK/Iran, China & Mexico with Brexit news.. now I'm more confident this is occurring again.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/stocks-to-fall-15-to-december-meltdown-levels-this-chart-predicts-2019-05-31?mod=mw_theo_homepage
oldarmy1
AG
I don't know at this point. We lost the support that would have kept trend intact as shown here. Once that was broken its a crap shoot and selling accelerated meaning more downside likely. We quickly are approaching the next gap shown on here as well. Then comes the death levels marked.

https://imgur.com/EhbOY7v
rgag12
AG
If/When China hits back for Huawei, will they target a specific US company(s)? Apple?
leoj
AG
I saw someone ask why they haven't revoked Adelson's Macau licenses. That would hurt.
Ranger222
AG
oldarmy1 said:

I don't know at this point. We lost the support that would have kept trend intact as shown here. Once that was broken its a crap shoot and selling accelerated meaning more downside likely. We quickly are approaching the next gap shown on here as well. Then comes the death levels marked.

My pure guess is that we don't break the Oct '18 lows. Then we will be talking about the awesome IH&S pattern that has set up since Jan '18

I could see us flashing down on Monday but slowly recovering by middle of next week. That'll be ~10 straight down days before the recovery.
oldarmy1
AG
Ranger222 said:

oldarmy1 said:

My pure guess is that we don't break the Oct '18 lows. Then we will be talking about the awesome IH&S pattern that has set up since Jan '18

I could see us flashing down on Monday but slowly recovering by middle of next week. That'll be ~10 straight down days before the recovery.
I'll sign up for that massive Inverse H&S. An ugly opening Monday would be a buying opportunity, even if short term IMO.

Day traders are the winners during these periods. Think about how rare gaps are on charts. So that means all these days that we have big down opens close those gaps sometime during the day before dropping back down. Buying ugly opens after a period of down movement and selling on initial buying is a great day trader strategy.
drill4oil78
AG
Monday could get ugly. We should fill the SP500 gap at 2740 area. 2730 has some support, but the H&S pattern formed on daily charts project 2650+/- which would set up the reverse H&S patterns formed since Feb of 2018. Lets hope so any way. Only another 4% down to get there. This looks similar to 2015-16 reverse H&S pattern.
ProgN

This is gonna hurt Monday.
IrishTxAggie
AG
Prognightmare said:

This is gonna hurt Monday.

I'm fine with this. Considering the duties and taxes I'm nailed with on my stuff going into India, a product that no one there makes, it's time to start leveling some playing fields.
ProgN
I support the policy, it's the timing that's gonna hurt. Although, it might force he capitulation that we really need to see.
IrishTxAggie
AG
I'd rather take the lumps all at once instead of dragged out over 18 months.
ProgN
True
First Page Last Page
Page 572 of 6414

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.