Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,100,141 Views | 224561 Replies | Last: 6 hrs ago by ProgN
oldarmy1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Rice and Fries said:

oldarmy1 said:

I was really close to holding NVDA overnight. Bought down near $158 but sold at $158.50 area because I spotted the volume flush into close.

What I was thinking of doing was selling the $155 covered calls trading at $10.50 against the shares. That would be $3.50 to the money leaving $7 profit/share. If we continued downward to close below $155 Friday my net entry would have been $148. That looked pretty good but something tells me we see $150 flash on NVDA and that's where I will pounce like a panther.
Will you be playing a similar strategy with selling covered calls to lower cost basis more?
Absolutely!
redsox34
AG
Does anyone know when the micro futures will be available to trade on Tastyworks ?
Baby Billy
AG
infinity ag said:

monarch said:

Yeah, a dip. Kinda coincidental that this "dip" is F*****g up a lot of 401K and retirement plans...

Did you panic even then?

Of course he did.
gougler08
AG
Futures up 17, CNBC headline - "Futures point to cautious Tuesday open"
ProgN

China will break or they will suffer irreparable damage.
IrishTxAggie
AG
Prognightmare said:

China will break or they will suffer irreparable damage.

FriskyGardenGnome
AG
oldarmy1 said:

gotsand said:

Eyeing the Darvas Box on NEE beginning late March for a possible trend continuation on breakout above 195.55 or reversal on 187.30. Small box, but big run up prior to entering the consolidation. I'm not a huge fan of utilities, but it's hard to overlook this one.

1) Bonus trader points for accurately spotting the DB.
2) You can see the last one that had formed and eventually broke upward that was about as long as the current one.
Are you referring to the DB in the middle of the Darvas box? First move up was a 50% retrace which fell back to the bottom of the box. Move off the second bottom formed the top of the box.

I also see a DB with first move up prior to the box I drew. This also retraced 50% with the second move forming the initial box top. This one is more similar with the 3 day run between box bottom and top.
ProgN
IrishTxAggie
AG
Ha! Nice timing! I'm putting together a quote for a Chinese customer right now and any sales within mainland China have to be done in RMB. Think I'll tack on an extra 7.5% for the "inflation" that's about to hit
FriskyGardenGnome
AG
What the Donald giveth, the Donald may taketh away!
SlackerAg
AG
China is in a tough spot, where there are lower cost manufacturers (can't race to the bottom). They want to move up the value chain creating global brands, but no one trusts their routers & phones. Over-levered with bad loans too.
IrishTxAggie
AG
HackerAg said:

China is in a tough spot, where there are lower cost manufacturers (can't race to the bottom). They want to move up the value chain creating global brands, but no one trusts their routers & phones. Over-levered with bad loans too.
Their own people don't even trust their brands
FriskyGardenGnome
AG
V parked right at strong support yesterday.
Rice and Fries
IrishTxAggie said:

HackerAg said:

Their own people don't even trust their brands
They have lots of companies in the top 10 largest public companies in the world. How many have we heard of? They are majority banks and an insurance group....

https://www.forbes.com/global2000/#a5652c1335d8
EngrAg14
AG
I think this goes one of two ways, that a meh deal is made within the coming weeks and once Trump is reelected he instantly puts tariffs back up to negotiate a much better deal.

Or China is doing this and delaying/letting their economy take the hit to make Trump look weak.
Cause him to lose 2020, then make a deal with whomever is the new president elect.
Easy decision for a new president to make it look like they did the thing the past guy couldn't.

I just don't see a great US favorable deal coming out of this with the elections in sight, and with all the other stuff going on with NK/Iran/Venezula etc. any good thing would be a major win for his party, and a China deal would be a big one. Even if we give in or not, China says we did to make them look good/ Trump says we didn't and it was a yuge deal we made.
Rice and Fries
Irish! You can snag your LPSN calls under $0.40!

NVM, It changed rather quickly, sorry for the false alarm!
AgShaun00
AG
Prognightmare said:

Gary Johnson said:

Apple lost a small African nation's GDP in market cap. Because of a tweet.
https://www.cnbc.com/2019/05/13/supreme-court-rules-against-apple-in-app-store-antitrust-case.html

More going on than just a tweet brother.
anyone looking at aapl puts? How low can they go?
IrishTxAggie
AG
$150ish hopefully... Sorry for anyone that's long. That's just where I would love to jump in at.
ProgN
I don't have the balls to short or buy puts on AAPL. I'll defer to OA on this one.
AgShaun00
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

$150ish hopefully... Sorry for anyone that's long. That's just where I would love to jump in at.
decent volume on the July 150 puts. That is what I am looking at.
gougler08
AG
342.5 seems to be firm support for NFLX
ProgN
We get a deal with China and you can wipe your ass with those puts.JMO
ProgN
https://www.cnbc.com/2019/05/14/the-last-time-apple-did-this-it-rallied-130percent.html
FriskyGardenGnome
AG
If it loses 184.50, there's support at 175.35.
FriskyGardenGnome
AG
Prognightmare said:

We get a deal with China and you can wipe your ass with those puts.JMO
This is not wrong.
AgShaun00
AG
i bought aapl last time it was 150. Trying to figure out if I should sell my stock now and see what happens. Tough call.
FriskyGardenGnome
AG
And, there goes V right off support
EngrAg14
AG
OA1, how are you feeling about TSLA reaching $250 before 5/31-6/14?

Seems like it is due to run up again, especially with the new found funding.
IrishTxAggie
AG
Give me $24 today WLL
IrishTxAggie
AG
EngrAg14 said:

OA1, how are you feeling about TSLA reaching $250 before 5/31-6/14?

Seems like it is due to run up again, especially with the new found funding.
Pretty sure OA has a pretty big short on TSLA.

TSLA also just wrote a check for $13MM (small change) for a production plant accident where a guy got pinned on the line and lost use of his legs.
ProgN
IrishTxAggie said:

Give me $24 today WLL
We get $24 today I'm selling and forgetting the rest of the week. I went in heavy for me on those.
IrishTxAggie
AG
I doubled down yesterday at $.60. Carrying a $.8 avg on them now
ProgN
Shundere
LPSN Intraday cup and handle?

Edit: I shall remain silent from here on out.
Trolley Problems
IrishTxAggie said:

Give me $24 today WLL

With you.

ETA: Good call on the double down. I didn't have the cash in my RH account to do it, otherwise I would have.
First Page Last Page
Page 549 of 6417

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.