Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,102,504 Views | 224572 Replies | Last: 47 min ago by texagbeliever
Bob Knights Paper Hands
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Aggie_2463 said:

HEAR done dipped into the 9s at $9.85

Can anyone tell me more about HEAR? Dropped 70% of value in past 9 months. Wow, what happened there?
Trolley Problems
IrishTxAggie said:

Trolley Problems said:

IrishTxAggie said:

In at $1 as well.

Ooof. They don't look pretty right now.
Far enough out that I'm not concerned. Today was inevitable. I will probably double down in a bit.

Fair enough.
mrad85
AG
Bob Knights Liver said:

Aggie_2463 said:

HEAR done dipped into the 9s at $9.85

Can anyone tell me more about HEAR? Dropped 70% of value in past 9 months. Wow, what happened there?
I've been scratching my head as well. They definitely got some undeserving (IMO) bad press that didn't help.
Dobre casy
AG
Someone was pumping HEAR a few months back and getting sales numbers from some retail stores. Curious to hear their thoughts (no pun intended!) or if they've done any more research.
FrioAg 00
AG
On the user side, I'm wondering if the winding down of the Fortnite craze, which essentially brought a ton of younger gamers in the social gaming market, was a boon for HEARs sales but they didn't get traction with the more consistent gaming market

In other words, a ton of new soccer moms found themselves ordering headsets for their 2nd to 6th graders but that trend has evaporated. The older more serious gaming market didn't accept this brand either.
ProgN
Just saw the markets.

"I'd piss on a spark plug if I thought it would do any good" War Games

IrishTxAggie
AG
The only thing that is ****ing green today is ****ing bitcoin!
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
"Black Monday is used most often to refer to the largest one-day percentage drop in stock market history. It occurred on October 19, 1987, when the Dow Jones Industrial Average dropped 22.61 percent, falling 508 points to 1738.74. The S&P 500 fell 20.4 percent, dropping 57.64 points to 225.06."

Take a look at the percentages today and the total points today compared to above.

Activity today is a flash in the pan. ... Good day to make some money.

FriskyGardenGnome
AG
Pleased to see JD still hanging together.
WestTexAg12
AG
Is that an intraday cup and handle forming on the S&P?
"Give me an army of West Point graduates and I'll win a battle. Give me a handful of Texas Aggies, and I'll win the war.”
- General George S. Patton
Aggie_2463
AG
WestTexAg12 said:

Looks like one forming on RIG as well.

Sorry for my ignorance, but when you see that what does that tell you technically? Just trying to learn
Rice and Fries
WestTexAg12 said:

rgag12
AG
In layman's terms: It's gonna go up
Rice and Fries
CHK is incredibly disappointing today...down 10% to $2.35
Aggie_2463
AG
rgag12 said:

In layman's terms: It's gonna go up
Thank you - From a layman
WestTexAg12
AG
Aggie_2463 said:

WestTexAg12 said:

Looks like one forming on RIG as well.

Sorry for my ignorance, but when you see that what does that tell you technically? Just trying to learn

It's bullish, but I also heard that all technicals are thrown out the window with bad news and erratic markets.

I'm also in the learning/noideawhatimdoing stage
"Give me an army of West Point graduates and I'll win a battle. Give me a handful of Texas Aggies, and I'll win the war.”
- General George S. Patton
Aggie_2463
AG
TRNX down 20% today....
oldarmy1
AG
Aggie_2463 said:

TRNX down 20% today....
They are going to have to do another reverse split. Compliance notice from Nasdaq listing
IrishTxAggie
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Aggie_2463 said:

TRNX down 20% today....
They are going to have to do another reverse split. Compliance notice from Nasdaq listing

I think they might be better off taking the delisting... Put that bad boy on the pink sheets and let's have some fun!!
oldarmy1
AG
OSTK action looks like a long term trend reversal. Think ROKU's crazy death march that ended similarly. I wouldn't expect similar fanfare from OSTK but could see it hitting $20. I haven't been able to get any fills where I would feel good about entry.

Considering that we can't tell if this was a final down day or more to come I'm inclined to sit on my $48k down day and wait to see what tomorrow brings. Either way its no worries. I was in meetings when today's V reversals hit. Would have been good trade bait for some buyers flooding in but 2818-2823 on the S&P is hardly encouraging for a bottom.
FriskyGardenGnome
AG
Eyeing the Darvas Box on NEE beginning late March for a possible trend continuation on breakout above 195.55 or reversal on 187.30. Small box, but big run up prior to entering the consolidation. I'm not a huge fan of utilities, but it's hard to overlook this one.

oldarmy1
AG
My most trusted analytics has a forecast on SMH. A Darvis Box is being projected out once bottom is achieved. Like the last lengthy one that would mean good upside to top line, although note the first move back up on the previous one only had a 50% retracement before back down and THEN created the top range on subsequent moves up. The previous one broke to the downside and fell all the way to long term major support. Those are the easy entry points once a break occurs.

Deere (DE) recovered twice back into its box but one the dam broke it moved quickly. IT's major support is somewhere between $135-$140. I'd use the mean of those to plan any trade BUT remember they report earnings this week.

oldarmy1
AG
MCHP filled a nice gap back to March 29th. Any momentum down tomorrow getting it near $80 for a flash opening I would take for option entry. $85's out 3 weeks.
ProgN
I'd like to see a big down open tomorrow to facilitate capitulation and flush out the sellers. JMO
infinity ag
I think this has nothing to do with China. Market just wanted an excuse to pull some profits so this was convenient.

I think everything is as it was earlier... just a regular dip. First big one of the year.
monarch
S
Yeah, a dip. Kinda coincidental that this "dip" is F*****g up a lot of 401K and retirement plans...
Peace for Ukraine!
Ragoo
AG
monarch said:

Yeah, a dip. Kinda coincidental that this "dip" is F*****g up a lot of 401K and retirement plans...
the S&P 500 touched all-time highs just last week. Not sure why the angry face.
IrishTxAggie
AG
Ragoo said:

monarch said:

That's all he's ever done on this thread. No substance, just *****ing. I think he's confused this thread with 16...
oldarmy1
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

Ragoo said:

monarch said:

That's all he's ever done on this thread. No substance, just *****ing. I think he's confused this thread with 16...
Just be patient and this is where 300% plus gains in a short period of time occur. I'll happily start nibbling and take a few thousand loss because it is made back and well more on the V.

Sure I love nailing the V entries like last time 2350 but the thing is we don't have to. Closer to the right side of the V we are the better - and if absolute bottom nail it then 500%+ gains.

Remember I was already getting apprehensive of new all-time highs? Reason wasn't expecting this China garbage, if you recall. It was because it is ALWAYS easier to trade with a left side of the wedge than with open air.
oldarmy1
AG
gotsand said:

Eyeing the Darvas Box on NEE beginning late March for a possible trend continuation on breakout above 195.55 or reversal on 187.30. Small box, but big run up prior to entering the consolidation. I'm not a huge fan of utilities, but it's hard to overlook this one.

1) Bonus trader points for accurately spotting the DB.
2) You can see the last one that had formed and eventually broke upward that was about as long as the current one.
oldarmy1
AG
I was really close to holding NVDA overnight. Bought down near $158 but sold at $158.50 area because I spotted the volume flush into close.

What I was thinking of doing was selling the $155 covered calls trading at $10.50 against the shares. That would be $3.50 to the money leaving $7 profit/share. If we continued downward to close below $155 Friday my net entry would have been $148. That looked pretty good but something tells me we see $150 flash on NVDA and that's where I will pounce like a panther.
DollahBillzYo!
Yeah - HEAR turned out to be a hot turd. Oh well.
infinity ag
monarch said:

Take it easy, else you'll die of stress and all the money you made would be useless.

401k and retirement plans are for the long term. Period would be years and decades. If you are looking to make a quick buck, 401k is the wrong way.

Not sure why you are so pissed off, we had one in September and markets recovered. Did you panic even then?
Rice and Fries
oldarmy1 said:

I was really close to holding NVDA overnight. Bought down near $158 but sold at $158.50 area because I spotted the volume flush into close.

What I was thinking of doing was selling the $155 covered calls trading at $10.50 against the shares. That would be $3.50 to the money leaving $7 profit/share. If we continued downward to close below $155 Friday my net entry would have been $148. That looked pretty good but something tells me we see $150 flash on NVDA and that's where I will pounce like a panther.
Will you be playing a similar strategy with selling covered calls to lower cost basis more?
leoj
AG
First Page Last Page
Page 548 of 6417

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.